No more PCX for me

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: No more PCX for me

Post by PCX150Rider »

It's extremely complicated. o_O

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Unfortunately the right to own and carry firearms was written into the Constitution. It had a good reason when it was added. That reason may or may not be valid any more, but now it would take a supreme effort to repeal it. So we have to move forward and try to restrict sales of firearms without stepping on other Constitutional Rights.

When you have as many paid lobbyists as Washington has, most of the people who represent us are more influenced by the almighty dollar than by a need to represent us. The amount of extra "salary" our Representatives get from lobbyists doubles their government paycheck. Why do you think they want to stay in office for 30 years? They don't represent us. They represent themselves.

That is also why most of our Representatives are exempted from the very laws they pass. They wrote that into the laws.
They have their own bank, their own medical insurance, their own 401k, their own free transportation. Then add what the lobbyists give them. Why represent the peasant when you can get a bigger paycheck to represent the rich?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Statistics show that where guns are banned crime is rampant,where guns are allowed crime is reduced dramatically.
https://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-r ... gun-facts/
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote:Statistics show that where guns are banned crime is rampant,where guns are allowed crime is reduced dramatically.
In Scotland in year 2015-16 there was one homicide in which a firearm was used.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38143327
Scotland has very restrictive firearm legislation and a population of around 5.3 million.
We have been making firearm ownership more difficult in Scotland, taking guns out of circulation and crime figures are decreasing.

The USA has a population of around 320 million and guns are widespread.
For your assertion to be correct, the number of firearm homicides in the USA would have to have been significantly less than 60.
But it wasn't.
http://time.com/5011599/gun-deaths-rate ... -cdc-data/
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I strongly believe that violence leads to violence.

Just to further support GN2's case.
Hungarian population is 9.8 million, also with a very restrictive firearm legislation.
Last four years number of homicides and suicides where firearms were used was 4, 7, 6 and 4 in order and they're steady.
Total number of firearm related crime (including robbery, threathening, attempted murder etc) was sub 50 for the entire population YoY.
Apart from the suicides, almost only home made or otherwise tampered (e.g. de-neutralised) firearms were used.

I really don't see the effect of higher crime rate due to less firearms.

But I think this topic was about something else originally. Sociologists have concluded long time ago, that the fact if the punishment is unavoidable is a lot more effective than the severity of the retaliation. So unfortunately as long the police is not going after them it would be difficult to stop this epidemic. I dunno what have to happen to get the critical mass of angriness to get something changed.

Probably in case word would get out in their circles that sooner or later all of the thieves were visited by a few angry bikers and somehow the've fallen the stairs during a spirited discussion I'm sure it would help a bit.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Probably correct..however those numbers are largely predicated where guns are banned or prohibited. Statistics in America shows that where gun ownership is encouraged or allowed deaths from gunfire is negligible. Our main gun homicides are in Chicago and big cities like New York where guns are extremely hard to get and not legal to carry. The problem is the bad guys will always have guns no matter what laws you pass. That is like music to their ears. Where good folks are stymied and indefensible the criminal gets full reign.I know if I'm in a crowded movie theater and some loonie stands up and starts shooting away I am praying to God someone is carrying an equalizer and will stop the mayhem
Re : Scotland.. Does not seem logical for criminals to stop using guns because the law says no more guns.Perhaps you have nicer criminals.(see link below) The black mkt will always provide guns and if there is a will there is a way. Most people are myopic in their thinking. Seems simple.... take away guns and shooting will also go away.Just doesn't work that way unfortunately

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavl ... d-n1464528
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Meanwhile. . .back at the ranch. . . ;)

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:
easyrider wrote:Statistics show that where guns are banned crime is rampant,where guns are allowed crime is reduced dramatically.
In Scotland in year 2015-16 there was one homicide in which a firearm was used.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38143327
Scotland has very restrictive firearm legislation and a population of around 5.3 million.
We have been making firearm ownership more difficult in Scotland, taking guns out of circulation and crime figures are decreasing.

The USA has a population of around 320 million and guns are widespread.
For your assertion to be correct, the number of firearm homicides in the USA would have to have been significantly less than 60.
But it wasn't.
http://time.com/5011599/gun-deaths-rate ... -cdc-data/
+1
The proliferation of guns in the U.S. is indefensible, sad, and embarrassing.

signed - an American conscientious objector who served as an unarmed combat medic in the Vietnam war
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

The proliferation of guns in the U.S. is indefensible, sad, and embarrassing.

signed - an American conscientious objector who served as an unarmed combat medic in the Vietnam war
If you haven't already. . .check out a movie called "Hacksaw Ridge". True story about Pfc. Desmond Doss. WWII Pacific.

Thank you for your Service! 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

And.....I'm Not Going To Take it Anymore!
This topic is a Done Deal.

Apologies go out to member Hax. Sorry this thread went awry.

Offenders: For All Our Sake's, PAY ATTENTION to FORUM RULES!
Go Visit a Firearm Forum if You Can't!
"Straighten Up and Fly Right!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ya'll made me do this!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You