winters end... self preparation

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

winters end... self preparation

Post by homie »

Time to go outside and blow off the stink off ;) I need a couple things to get back in the saddle each year after a long Chicago winter.

1. Lose weight. It dosent take long to shed 10 pounds with the proper tool. I use an app and brother who knew how easy it can be with a little free app called 'lose it'. Since my birthday Feb 14th I dropped the 10 lbs (the average weight of a watermelon) because who wants to carry a watermelon around on a PCX.

2. Muscle, specifically neck and shoulder muscles. The first area I notice each year and it might just be me is the helmet weight and its effect on my neck and shoulders. Usually takes a couple weeks of riding to iron itself out.

Any other suggestions to get in mental and physical shape quickly so as to be ready for the street wars?
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Re: winters end... self preparation

Post by Cube »

I just started riding again after a pretty big hiatus... I've been taking back and small roads to get used to watching for stuff/idiots again, but the only cure for the physical side I know is to keep at it and start with shorter rides.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

If you have an old "SIMON" game sitting around doing nothing try playing with that for a while. It will help to fire up memory circuits and motor functions in your brain. They had a couple of different versions but they are basically the same. And the upside is you don't have to get out of a recliner to use it. :lol:

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

HA HA! good one!

I play this online MMO and it has such an effect on you initially you feel threatened when you get behind the wheel of a car. I think it has a similar brain stimulation conditioning that can't hurt. Well it might bother you at first when you feel like other drivers are trying to cut you off the next time you drive but that will dissipate if you keep playing. VERY ADDICTIVE!

http://slither.io/
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

If you have the courage, you might try standing on your head...very good for posture. Do it as described in the yoga manuals. Another good posture is the Bow. For this you lie on your belly , grab your ankles and "make like a bow". This strengthens the back and corrects, over time, the effects of a lot of the posture wrecking effects of sitting hours bent over a keyboard staring into a monitor.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Do the cat, and follow up with the cow, yoga poses.

Do these every morning and keep your spine manipulated.

Great for reducing those sat-in-the-saddle aches you forget about when you aren't riding as frequently.

:)

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-the-Cat-Pose-in-Yoga