anyplace/anyone know showing avaerage labor time take apart?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

anyplace/anyone know showing avaerage labor time take apart?

Post by MaLLoc »

just wondering things like average labor time to take apart all the body on the PCX to the sub frame and back together -- possible hours to be able to install accessories , IE horn , LED lights , alarm , fog lights , trunk , windshield , dr pulley sliders and so on......
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: anyplace/anyone know showing avaerage labor time take ap

Post by Mel46 »

So, you aren't planning on doing it yourself?? Most of us are use to doing it ourselves now because of the cost.

Depending on the area, your labor rates could be anywhere from $75/hr to $125/hr. The major cost of doing any maintenance on the PCX is the cost of removing and installing the panels.

When we had the first 600 mile service done, which is essentially changing the oil and adjusting the valves, our bill was $300. They had to remove half of the plastics to get to the valves. The oil change itself would have been a 10 minute job. Once the panels were removed the valve adjustment took 15 to 20 minutes. So, that would be 30 minutes to do the actual work, and the rest of the time was for removal and installation of the plastics... at $75/hr.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
MaLLoc
Regular User
Regular User

Re: anyplace/anyone know showing avaerage labor time take ap

Post by MaLLoc »

yes i do it myself , however someone ran into me totaling the scooter ,and i had done work on it and i am wondering how much to charge the ins company for my time