Camera placement

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Camera placement

Post by easyrider »

Best location for a small cam to video the ride. I know about helmet cams and handle bars but any success mounting it on the body front panel or a location that doesn't exhibit too much jerking.. I know fenders and windscreens don't work well either. Ideas / thoughts ???
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Camera placement

Post by PCX150Rider »

I've seen where you can get chest mount type gear for "GoPro" cameras that will give you front view footage while riding. Also the rear foot peg is also a possible mounting point other than the ones you've already described.

Sorry that I don't have any experience doing bike or scooter videos to give you recommendations based on experience . . . but Mike B. does. :geek:

kiapolo1887
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by kiapolo1887 »

Helmet cam will be best. Mounting on the bike will result in lots of jerking and vibrations. Mounting on your helmet or using a headstrap are the way to go. Your head/body is a natural stabilizer, you'll have an elevated camera angle, and the camera will see what you see.

https://smile.amazon.com/GoPro-GHDS30-H ... B002PAX9QU
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

Simple put in jacket chest pocket is a good option. Nice first-person view like the chest mount. I don't recommend mounting on helmet because it makes me look odd and adds more burden to my neck.

Next level would be using a 360 camera so you can get multiple views and some can actually perform like a camera on a gimbal. I just ordered one myself mainly for photos, but will of course try video some rides.
ImageImageImage