Saying goodbye to all my friends

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Saying goodbye to all my friends

Post by riding@100mpg »

Just wanted to say goodbye to all my friends at the pcx forum. I have traded my pcx150 for a motorcycle. It was a great machine and I had a blast! Over 3300 miles in 2 ny seasons. The problem was it was not fast enough for the highways and byways of the albany ny region. The traffic moves very fast and I had to choose roads to ride that didn't involve the rush hour paces. A couple of close calls and I realized that people just didn't notice me. The support here is amazing and really,thank you all. I love the pcx and would recommend it to anyone who is not in heavy traffic. I miss it already and will miss all of you guys and gals too.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Saying goodbye to all my friends

Post by Mel46 »

Well gee, another one moves to the fast side. The one thing that we all agree on is the fact that the PCX is not meant for freeways. The motorcycle will keep you in the fast lane with the cages, but it will never be as much fun in town as a PCX. I have known a lot of riders who have gotten a motorcycle for the same reason you have, so it isn't something to be sorry about, just sad. Good luck with your new machine.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I just did the same thing, but kept my PCX. Because the PCX around town is just so much nicer than a bigger motorcycle, and neighborhoods, parking lots and for running errands I’d rather be on my PCX. In fact my PCX gets used five days a week, my bigger bike is used on the weekends for longer rides.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Have fun on your new motorcycle. If you get a chance some time maybe check out Americade seeing as how you are from NY.

Been there. . .done that. . .totally worth it. Here's a couple of links. I was there in '87.

https://www.lakegeorge.com/americade/

http://www.americade.com/

TBH since I got my PCX this year my motorcycles have been sitting collecting dust more often than not. I'm glad I've got them to take on the highways or longer trips though. . .always nice to have options. However my PCX is my main go-to daily rider and when the weather is lousy or the winter roads are salty I still use my 49cc Roughhouse. Scoots are totally great for around town and local riding where you want a light ride. But for longer hauls where you have to run with the bulls and need more on demand power, longer range comfort, and maybe want to bring along a passenger too, a motorcycle is the way to go. Considering the kind of riding you need to do I think getting the motorcycle was a wise choice as well. Ride safe and a Hi Viz helmet or vest is always added insurance to help drivers see you. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

riding@100mpg wrote:Just wanted to say goodbye to all my friends at the pcx forum. I have traded my pcx150 for a motorcycle. It was a great machine and I had a blast! Over 3300 miles in 2 ny seasons. The problem was it was not fast enough for the highways and byways of the albany ny region. The traffic moves very fast and I had to choose roads to ride that didn't involve the rush hour paces. A couple of close calls and I realized that people just didn't notice me. The support here is amazing and really,thank you all. I love the pcx and would recommend it to anyone who is not in heavy traffic. I miss it already and will miss all of you guys and gals too.
I definitely hear where you're coming from New Yorker! If you plan on Riding a PCX 150(3) at highway speeds (65-80) for any length of time and several days a week, this is not the bike for the job - Not in NY or on Long Island! Plum crazy taking those chances.

Not a PCX, but still....
2 weeks ago we lost a distant family member. He was riding his BMW Motorcycle (around 9pm) over the Verrazano Bridge. At the funeral there was talk of an area on the bridge where lanes merge and rather unexpectedly. It's there where he suddenly merged ending in a crash with another vehicle. He went into it. His Family is beyond distraught, as you can imagine.
Here on the Island I make every attempt to learn my travel path before the ride. On a dismal day Me and my truck head out to investigate routes, learn of potholes, sand, leaves merges, hills, turns, blindspots, etc. It's just another way of protecting myself from the road elements the best I can. Realizing it is my responsibility. Enough of this sadness I wandered off a bit (as I tend to do now and then :D ) but the loss of one is still fresh in mind and heart.

It was a pleasure having you here. I'm sure you're adventures on your PCX will stay with you a lifetime and bring a smile to your face each time remembered. So, she did her job afterall 8)
I wish you an enjoyable safe ride no matter what your 2 wheel flavor. Be it Harley, BMW, Honda, Suzuki or ? Just Be Happy, and Don't be a stranger!!

HEH!! WOULD YOU PLEASE SHOW US YOUR NEW 2 WHEELS when you get it? You know how we love pics! And bikes too :P

Just a reminder to All - While riding, Turn your head not just your eyes. Look where you want to go.
Look through your turns, to where You want to go. Keep your Eyes up > look towards the horizon.
Only glance down - Don't stare down else you'll be meeting the tarmac. Slow down, Break before the turn, Don't brake in the turn, things get ugly fast if you do. Don't tailgate! Be seen, stay back, stay alive.

Ok, I'll stop.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Just a reminder to All - While riding, Turn your head not just your eyes. Look where you want to go.
Look through your turns, to where You want to go. Keep your Eyes up > look towards the horizon.
Only glance down - Don't stare down else you'll be meeting the tarmac. Slow down, Break before the turn, Don't brake in the turn, things get ugly fast if you do. Don't tailgate! Be seen, stay back, stay alive.
Yep !!!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

2 weeks ago we lost a distant family member. He was riding his BMW Motorcycle (around 9pm) over the Verrazano Bridge. At the funeral there was talk of an area on the bridge where lanes merge and rather unexpectedly. It's there where he suddenly merged ending in a crash with another vehicle. He went into it. His Family is beyond distraught, as you can imagine.
WN - Very sorry for your loss.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I’m not sorry. That’s the way I want to go. Good on him.

Plenty of worse and more lingering ways.
WI_Hedgehog