Any more info on electric/hybrid PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Any more info on electric/hybrid PCX

Post by Greenmeenie »

After the announcement of the electric & hybrid versions of the PCX last month, i haven't been able to find any detailed info on range/price etc. Anyone else have any luck?
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Any more info on electric/hybrid PCX

Post by lillypinkjenny »

The Motorcycle press here were saying that they will be sold in Asian markets only for at least 2 years.
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Greenmeenie »

Yeah, i heard they were going to be released in he Asia market first in 2018. Didnt hear anything about 2 yrs. But i just want to know the range & cost. Anyone hear about the range or cost?
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

This is definitely one article I read in print, but there were more.

Maybe I imagined the 2 year thing, or maybe that applied to Vespa, who are releasing electric and hybrid models in Asia in the same timeframe.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new- ... -electric/
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Greenmeenie »

The electric vespa looks cool...but what ive read about it dampened my enthusiasm. The range per charge is only 60 miles, which isnt horrible, but unlike the pcx, the batteries aren't removable...and worse(if i read this correctly)...the electric vespa will be equvilent to a 50cc engine!? So will it not be highway legal? If true, that would suck. Don't getme wrong, if you were looking for an around town or city only scoot, an electric vespa with a 60 mile range & 50cc equvilent engine is fine. Its just not a pcx replacement - at least not for me. I want a little more out of a scooter. So i am hoping the electric PCX will be highway legal. But since Honda doesnt seem like its going to release it in the states anytime soon, i guess it doesnt really matter right now.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

They are probably introducing it in Asia first as there is more infrastructure for battery hot-swaps.
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Greenmeenie »

I've lived in & visit Taiwan often. Its true, the gogoro electric scooter has impressive infrastructure set up in cities like Taipei for swapping out batteries for their electric scooters. But youre right, i wouldnt hold my breath for such infrastructure in US cities anytime soon. Or for charging stations for electric scooters without swappable batteries like the upcoming electric vespa. Thats whats so cool about the electric pcx which has removable batteries you can bring into your workplace to charge while you work. Much more convenient, cause you dont have to wait for infrastructure to catch up. Gives me hope that honda will release the electric pcx in the states sooner than later....i hope!
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

It's more likely to be the hybrid version that makes it into Europe/USA first
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Greenmeenie »

True. I would expect the hybrid to be released first in US. But i wonder what Honda has planned for the pcx next year in the US. Both the 2017 models(released in 2016) & the 2018 models(released in 2017) were identical. Will they do the same thing for the 2019 model (released in 2018)?? Same models and color for the 3rd year in a row? Or will they release the hybrid & electric version along side the gas version? They usually annonce the next years models in the winter, so perhaps we will find our soon.
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by Lafree »

Hi, I went to the live bike show nec Birmingham yesterday no mention of hybrid. PCX for the UK the PCX on the stand was not keyless, I looked at the other scoots as well liked the Piaggio's slightly larger wheels the Beverly but not the colours brown seats yuk.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Lafree wrote:Hi, I went to the live bike show nec Birmingham yesterday no mention of hybrid. PCX for the UK
Yep, they won't mention it as it's not a UK 2018 model. Maybe next year ... or I suspect at the NEC in 2019 for 2020 model year. ;)

We're going on Saturday.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, Cool! Take pics please :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yes, Cool! Take pics please :D
Anything in particular you want to see? :)

... and can anyone recommend a 3rd party host for photos since photobucket spat out their pacifier? :lol: