Temptation

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gauss80
Year: 2013 125 Esp
Color: white

Temptation

Post by gauss80 »

Dear all
I have a big doubt since a few days that I would like to share with you... on Friday I did notice a 2017 PCx for sale at 2300 CHF negotiable with 1500 km.

I was planning to use mine for a while, I have just replaced the rear tyre, bought the givi Windshield and the malossi multivar variator ( both stil to be fitted) with 12600 km does not seems to be old yet my little one even tough i might need to start to get ready to face the bearing issue ( i think i am starting to hear the issue coming). You advice would be greatelly welcomed.

Cheers

G

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx125/2012/gauss/535318 Image[/URL]
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Temptation

Post by gn2 »

The new one will also have the bearing issue after a while.
Cheaper to stick with what you have.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
rvkssl
Year: 2014
Color: Pearl white

Post by rvkssl »

I would go for it!

The price is good even cheap compared to the prices in the Netherlands, for that money you'll get the LED lighting, bigger fuel tank ,modern dash and a slighty higher top speed!
Downside of it is that the Givi windscreen won't fit on the 2017 model, and how is the market in Swiss for used PCX'S ?
Maybe the color will convince you, what color is it?

Cheers ,Ronald.
gauss80

Post by gauss80 »

Hi All tks for your advice,... well the color is in either case white... regarding the second hand market here I do not think is that active... the thing is that as buyer you might get very good deals but as seller it is a catastrophe,.. in general providing that here labor costs are super high people tend to buy always new vehicle (both for cars and moto/scooter) selling them after a few years. Regarding my scooter if I ll put it up for sale I do not think I would be able to ask for my model more than 1400 Chf negotiable given years and Km just having a high level look on the selling prices on the market....Considering how has been treated my bike I think it is worth more than that,... 12600 Km to me are not that just reading here on your comments on the forum I should be able to do least 50K km without major issues...
Slowinitdown
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Slowinitdown »

For a 1,000 chf (once you sold your one) I'd get the new one. Screens are not expensive and as above you'll have a few upgrades with the newer model. All down to personal choice really. Go for it!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It all depends on what you want out of a scooter. The 2013 esp model was the fattest one because they changed the gearing after that.
If the biggest thing that draws your attention is the LED lights, with some effort you could change yours over, or at least change some of the lights. Other members on this forum have done it successfully. I don't know how much you have invested in the current one, but most of those will not fit a 2017 model. In the end, they are similar bikes How much are you willing to lose on your current investment?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Thanks auto correct! I guess it does not like Fastest. It certainly is not fat, but it took me 3 tries this time before it decided to keep the word. I didn't expect to have to force simple words on my android device.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

gauss80

Post by gauss80 »

Well i have not done so far that much on my scoot beside buying the screen and the variator... just it feels mine with 12600 km on stil relativelly new with a lot of km ahead... at the same time that negotiable price is quite tempting providing i am able to dell my bike...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

What is high miles in one area would probably not be high somewhere else. For example, you said that you have 12600km on your bike. Switzerland is not large, so that may seem like a lot of miles..
However, go across the border to Germany and I would be willing to bet that there are a lot of other bikes with higher miles on them. In fact, though our bikes here read in miles instead of km, the Google conversion on my wife's bike says that it has 21887 km on it. The point is that if you are willing to trailer the bike to a customer, you could probably get what you are asking. (Of course, don't be too crazy about your asking price.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

gauss80

Post by gauss80 »

HeyMmel yes you are right go in a neighboring country could be an option closest bet bet would be France 40min away (on the other side of the lake were I live) and Italy 1h30 min (passing the Alps now days prob would not be the best thing to go)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gauss80 wrote:HeyMmel yes you are right go in a neighboring country could be an option closest bet bet would be France 40min away (on the other side of the lake were I live) and Italy 1h30 min (passing the Alps now days prob would not be the best thing to go)

I'm feeling envious.... :lol:
gauss80

Post by gauss80 »

you you wrote:
gauss80 wrote:HeyMmel yes you are right go in a neighboring country could be an option closest bet bet would be France 40min away (on the other side of the lake were I live) and Italy 1h30 min (passing the Alps now days prob would not be the best thing to go)

I'm feeling envious.... :lol:
;)