Finally pulled the plug!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Finally pulled the plug!

Post by cessna151 »

:D
Over 6,000 miles. What do ya think? Still look good?
Attachments
spark
spark
image.jpeg (114.54 KiB) Viewed 780 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Finally pulled the plug!

Post by homie »

That engine is running fine... that's why we love Honda boys and girls 8)
WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Year: 2017
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

You could clean and gap it, but why? For $1.29 screw a new one in. Looks great though.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Here's your plug if you shop Amazon... I wish it was 1.29 o_O where did you see that price?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R ... UTF8&psc=1
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

I replaced it, cost me $4 though.
WI_Hedgehog
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

homie wrote:Here's your plug if you shop Amazon... I wish it was 1.29 o_O where did you see that price?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R ... UTF8&psc=1
Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply, probably AutoZone/O'Rieley/etc. It's not a special "iridium tipped" plug, just a standard spark plug.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Shoulders are worn and rounded on the center electrode - not square & sharp as is found on a new plug.
Scooter runs, though - so no need to change.
Use the same maint. practices on the engine oil. Keep the orig. oil topped up, never change it, and she'll likely run longer than you will own it. My 18 yr old Sear's mower outlasted me this way.

Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:Shoulders are worn and rounded on the center electrode - not square & sharp as is found on a new plug.
Scooter runs, though - so no need to change.
Use the same maint. practices on the engine oil. Keep the orig. oil topped up, never change it, and she'll likely run longer than you will own it. My 18 yr old Sear's mower outlasted me this way.

Fish

True.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Speaking of lawn mowers, I am glad that Honda thought enough about changing oil on the PCX that they actually put a bottom drain plug in. On my Honda lawn mower they have a recommended schedule for changing the oil, but they don't provide a drain hole in order to drain It! That means that I have to turn the lawn mower upside down to drain the oil. Boo....
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

My Honda mower (lightweight model) is over 16 years old and has had the oil changed about three times in it's life. No blue smoke, still starts second pull and never lets me (or my wife) down. :) :)

Actually my wife has graduated to a Ryobi 36v battery mower, it's amazingly good on flat ground, but the Honda is best for all round cutting.
RPM68
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Post by RPM68 »

Mel46 wrote:Speaking of lawn mowers, I am glad that Honda thought enough about changing oil on the PCX that they actually put a bottom drain plug in. On my Honda lawn mower they have a recommended schedule for changing the oil, but they don't provide a drain hole in order to drain It! That means that I have to turn the lawn mower upside down to drain the oil. Boo....

I have a Honda mower as well. No drain plug! That's where the vacuum/suction pump works well. No dumping the mower over and letting the oil run everywhere. It's a much tidier method.

Bob
Living the Dream!

2016 PCX150 in Matte Silver
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:My Honda mower (lightweight model) is over 16 years old and has had the oil changed about three times in it's life. No blue smoke, still starts second pull and never lets me (or my wife) down. :) :)

Actually my wife has graduated to a Ryobi 36v battery mower, it's amazingly good on flat ground, but the Honda is best for all round cutting.

Birthday present?
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Mel46 wrote:Speaking of lawn mowers, I am glad that Honda thought enough about changing oil on the PCX that they actually put a bottom drain plug in. On my Honda lawn mower they have a recommended schedule for changing the oil, but they don't provide a drain hole in order to drain It! That means that I have to turn the lawn mower upside down to drain the oil. Boo....
My son must have a different model, his is not located on the lower side of the engine where mots are, rather underneath where the blade is ... it gets covered with a layer of grass & stuff, but that's where his is.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Red Green had an F-150 that had a seized drain plug....so he had to do the same as with your mower.
No, he's not stupid. He didn't turn the truck over - instead he pried the engine out, with some difficulty - not having any tools save for a spud bar and a sledge. Poured the oil into a bucket, to use in his wife's car.
A fellow just needs to think things through....
Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Red Green had an F-150 that had a seized drain plug....so he had to do the same as with your mower.
No, he's not stupid. He didn't turn the truck over - instead he pried the engine out, with some difficulty - not having any tools save for a spud bar and a sledge. Poured the oil into a bucket, to use in his wife's car.
A fellow just needs to think things through....
Fish
Couldn't help but laugh. . .sorry. . .. :lol:
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

you you wrote:
JohnL wrote:My Honda mower (lightweight model) is over 16 years old and has had the oil changed about three times in it's life. No blue smoke, still starts second pull and never lets me (or my wife) down. :) :)

Birthday present?
Yes, but she paid for it :lol: :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:
you you wrote:

Birthday present?
Yes, but she paid for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Full marks.