Fuelly and mpg

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Slowinitdown
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Fuelly and mpg

Post by Slowinitdown »

Two weeks into owning my pcx and the fuel bar has dropped by just two bars. When I bought the bike I noticed the avg mpg was 130.4 so I reset the trip. Am now Just over a 100 miles and it's reading 110.3, I don't think I'm wot very often but do pull away as quickly as possible. I guess the average will rise the more miles I do.
Had a look at Fuelly as see it in a lot of your sign offs with 56 fuel ups. How long in ownership are the owners on here?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Fuelly and mpg

Post by iceman »

Some people have owned PCX's for years, although there are those that rack up more miles in a year than many over 5 times that.
I find the '14 reg LED MPG computer from full tank (nearly to the brim) to flashing bar to be about 5mpg out - not bad. I did not start using Fuelly until some months into my ownership, but have always added trip miles and litres in, so real world figures.
I can't say mpg improves over time as I had higher mpg figures early in the life of my PCX, but it's always given fantastic mpg nonetheless.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

My PCX is a 2013 model - so it doesn't have the trip computer. I fill the tank to the point of overflowing - with only city running it'll do around 75km before it drops 1 bar, and by the time it drops 2 bars (to where yours is now) the tank is getting close to 1/2 full. With city running I get about 230km to a tank (keeping in mind my model only has a 6.05L tank). Predicted range from "Road Trip" (my preferred app) is 250km per tank.

I average between 42 and 44km per litre in city conditions. Just be aware that the economy drops to around 1/2 that whilst wide open throttle - can make a HUGE difference on long trips at WOT (can pay to carry extra fuel on those occasions - I put another 5L under the seat in an approved and tested fuel container).

I've had my bike 30 months and have clocked 34,000km.

From my experience, the bikes have about 1L remaining when the last segment starts flashing - so enough for about 40km at city speeds. More than it feels like, but I don't like to "push it" for obvious reasons (please excuse the pun!).

Hope this helps.
pendulum
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by pendulum »

I'm on there, here's mine:
My best was 96.6 mpg (U.S.)
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

Slowinitdown wrote: Had a look at Fuelly as see it in a lot of your sign offs with 56 fuel ups. How long in ownership are the owners on here?
Not sure i fully understand that but here's mine anyway.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Cessna - you must fly the little sucker! Do you do a lot of high speed stuff?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

GeorgeSK wrote:Cessna - you must fly the little sucker! Do you do a lot of high speed stuff?
I believe he's doing low altitude flights. Joke away, my long term consumption figures are between 2.5-2.7 litres/100km (or 86-95 mpg). With an aftermarket variator, larger than stock tires, and stop and go traffic with longer wot sections above 100km/h in between.
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

Hardly at all. I'd say less than 10% is on the highway. I've had a long standing issue that is still unresolved: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1822
mowzertron
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by mowzertron »

I started 115mpg (for around a year), now up to 117mpg. Think the rise is based on two reasons.

1. bigger screen - thought this would reduce the mpg but it seems to cut the wind better than my frame.
2. Weight - I've lost around 10lbs in a year and I think this might have made a small difference.