I'm new in here!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Re: I'm new in here!

Post by Mister Paul »

Mel46 wrote:"America started off driving on the left. It was only after they claimed independence that they swapped over."

Because the indians fought from the left side and our soldiers had to be prepared to draw their swords with their left Hand?
Or maybe the stage coaches kept running into each other when passing on the right so they decided that the driver would sit on the left and the guard could sit on the right and get hit. The guards had the guns though, so they made the stage coach drivers pass on the left and it has been that way ever since.
Because the practice was brought over from here by the immigrants. They swapped over to the right to stamp their independence.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I think I read somewhere that the British started the riding on the left thing because the Knights accompanying the wagons had to be able to draw their swords with their right hands to fight off the highway robbers without fighting across the horse. Well, knights went away a long time ago, so why couldn't they just switch back?? Oh, I know. They had conquered the world by then and couldn't tell everyone that they could go back to driving on the right side now. :-/ So now we have a confused world. Go ahead, blame it all on the British. At least there would be one thing that the USA wouldn't be blamed for. :-) (...you do know that I am kidding, don't you... :-)

Google some more Mel and you'll get there.....

Napoleon was the the fly in the ointment :lol: That's why you drive on the wrong side of the road :lol: :lol:
Brio
Year: 2014
Color: White with Trim

Post by Brio »

kramnala58 wrote:
Brio wrote:I now live in Phuket, Thailand .......
Welcome to HondaPCX.org You should be able to get lots of help here, but to help us help you better, could you list your location as a part of your profile. You can set the location setting by going through 'User Control Panel' in the upper right of your browser screen.

Indeed, there are plenty of PCX's in Thailand, and in fact, they were first released here in 2010, one year ahead of the rest of the world. I learned to ride a bike on the PCX and just sold it because I am moving back to the US at the end of the year. It will always be a favourite of mine.
Thanks kramnala. :) Riding in Bangkok is a blast. I am forever getting lost though, especially after missing an Exit and trying to back track. I am looking at buying more PCXs especially for High Season, they are certainly popular. The Russians like to rent them.