Can a PCX150 stop faster than a FZ-07?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Can a PCX150 stop faster than a FZ-07?

Post by TheMaverick »

gn2 wrote:ABS isn't mandatory in the USA so until it is bikes will continue to have sub standard brakes.
I wonder how many include anti-stoppie? (I've never managed to lock up a front, but I've had the back wheel off the ground).
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

TheMaverick wrote:
gn2 wrote:ABS isn't mandatory in the USA so until it is bikes will continue to have sub standard brakes.
I wonder how many include anti-stoppie? (I've never managed to lock up a front, but I've had the back wheel off the ground).

Incredibly difficult with so much weight on the rear.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

you you wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:

Incredibly difficult with so much weight on the rear.
If you're meaning "it's incredibly difficult to get the back wheel off the ground during emergency braking", it's not. That's because the rider creates a moment by bracing themselves against the handlebars, and both are well above the centre of gravity. More-so for heavier riders. Search for "Scooter Stoppie" on YouTube to see lots of examples.

If you're meaning "it's incredibly difficult to sense & modulate a stoppie due to the weight on the rear wheel" then that doesn't make any sense - there's no weight on the rear wheel during a stoppie. It would probably require an inertial platform like the new CBR1000RR has, but obviously that kind of technology is well beyond what's ever going to be found on a scooter.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

No. It's incredibly difficult on a PCX. I know. I've tried.

Not pig physics and google research.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

you you wrote:No. It's incredibly difficult on a PCX. I know. I've tried.
Then I can only conclude that you're not a very good rider and that you have a poor grasp of physics.

I've done it - more than once. In this very thread you'll note in Post #4 dgnyberg messed up his knee with one.

Regardless - who cares. So for about the 4th (or is it the 5th) time - PLEASE - just leave me alone and stop stalking me all around the board. It's pretty obvious that you only have two issues with me (everything I say and everything I do) - and I think you're the village idiot - so for the love of Christ again I ask PLEASE just put me on ignore and forget I'm ever here. No need to comment on any post I ever make (and I'll return the courtesy) and then I won't need to constantly reply to correct your errors on my posts.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

This is epic. Lol (sorry for the offtopic)
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

alx123 wrote:This is epic. Lol (sorry for the offtopic)
My head hurts. Brick wall too thick to suffer damage.