A small victory, plus "Preaching to the Choir"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: A small victory, plus "Preaching to the Choir"

Post by PCX150Rider »

Once upon a time a mate of mine used a helmet lock only to discover that while he had been away someone had used his helmet as a makeshift toilet.
Don't know why. . .but it makes me think of an old '70s commercial for stomach relief. :roll: :lol: o_O 8)

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

There sure are a lot less dealers than there once was. And it seems that - unlike back then - one MC brand (HD) has the lions share of the market. Its bad enough that the only non-HD dealer near me (Suburban metro area) sells Honda, Kawa, Yah, Suz, Vespa and others ..... back then they were sold by competing dealers.
I can immediately think of 6 dealerships within 25 miles of where I live that are no longer in business. There are also a few others that went out of business but others have reopened the locations under new ownership and a different mix of marques. Some of the ones that are in business now have to offer other products like lawn equipment, snow removal equipment, or alternative recreational vehicles like "Slingshots" to try to maintain the cash flow year-round.

There was a time when people had to get on "waiting lists" for Harleys. I'm not so sure about that anymore. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:
There sure are a lot less dealers than there once was. And it seems that - unlike back then - one MC brand (HD) has the lions share of the market. Its bad enough that the only non-HD dealer near me (Suburban metro area) sells Honda, Kawa, Yah, Suz, Vespa and others ..... back then they were sold by competing dealers.
I can immediately think of 6 dealerships within 25 miles of where I live that are no longer in business. There are also a few others that went out of business but others have reopened the locations under new ownership and a different mix of marques. Some of the ones that are in business now have to offer other products like lawn equipment, snow removal equipment, or alternative recreational vehicles like "Slingshots" to try to maintain the cash flow year-round.

There was a time when people had to get on "waiting lists" for Harleys. I'm not so sure about that anymore. 8)

Waiting list to get off :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh what a play on words that was! Get on/get off! Yer a funny one 2yous (you are!) :lol:

You're correct in that PCX150Rider - waiting periods for particular models. My friend Bob back in the 80's decided out-of-the-blue to buy a Harley (which model? - can't remember), anywho he was soo disappointed to hear that its arrival date was unknown. I thought they were lying to him. No they weren't. Bob still excited, waited. Took 6 months or more to take delivery. Made to order bikes back then took time.

Some Cars did too, if ya care to go back. We waited.
Oh nooo....let's Not and say we Did? It's those muscle cars, c'mon yer killing me! God knows I love 'em! Those V8 4 barrels, growling mufflers, posi traction, hurst, deep dish wheels with big arse Mickey Thompson tires, air shocks-hi-jacker's, ram air hoods, broad stripes, ashtrays, side vent windows, hi/lo flasher on the floor button, push button dial radio, no headrests, no seat belts, no power windows, no power steering, no power anything....
Except the undeniable Power of your Engine!!
HOLY SMOKER'S!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

See what just happened? "Oops, I Did it Again!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

My Piaggio Liberty came with a very nice, full bag of tools, incl. the very handy shock wrench and jointed plug wrench.
However, the salesman stored the kit for me up in the seat-pan clip which Piaggio provided. Took me an hour to free it when I got home. Still no clue how the clip works.
The proliferation of torx fasteners on the scoot
probably explains the full tool kit.

Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Oh what a play on words that was! Get on/get off! Yer a funny one 2yous (you are!) :lol:

You're correct in that PCX150Rider - waiting periods for particular models. My friend Bob back in the 80's decided out-of-the-blue to buy a Harley (which model? - can't remember), anywho he was soo disappointed to hear that its arrival date was unknown. I thought they were lying to him. No they weren't. Bob still excited, waited. Took 6 months or more to take delivery. Made to order bikes back then took time.

Some Cars did too, if ya care to go back. We waited.
Oh nooo....let's Not and say we Did? It's those muscle cars, c'mon yer killing me! God knows I love 'em! Those V8 4 barrels, growling mufflers, posi traction, hurst, deep dish wheels with big arse Mickey Thompson tires, air shocks-hi-jacker's, ram air hoods, broad stripes, ashtrays, side vent windows, hi/lo flasher on the floor button, push button dial radio, no headrests, no seat belts, no power windows, no power steering, no power anything....
Except the undeniable Power of your Engine!!
HOLY SMOKER'S!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

See what just happened? "Oops, I Did it Again!"
A lot of cars here from Europe and Japan are made to order and you get build and shipping dates. Even low end cars.

More interesting is the mini rebirth of muscle cars over where you are. Soo tempted but the cost here is prohibitive £40k for a decent Mustang as a starter.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I think Bob just hit the post AMF times..
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, that could very well be the reason. It rings a bell. Caught up in the rapture. Hmm. I had a photo of him with his prized Harley. Now lost during moves I've made.

So I be asking ya 2yous, which USA re-born muscle car would you choose given the go ahead? Yes, you can pick more than one 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
hondamatic
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by hondamatic »

I had a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 396, made to my specifications. I waited 2/3 months for it and just happened to be at the dealership it came in on a Saturday night after the dealer closed. I told the truck driver it was mine and had ordered it, he smiled and gave me $5 for gas and told me to not let it get away from me.
Ride fast and keep it between the fences!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I had a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS 396, made to my specifications. I waited 2/3 months for it and just happened to be at the dealership it came in on a Saturday night after the dealer closed. I told the truck driver it was mine and had ordered it, he smiled and gave me $5 for gas and told me to not let it get away from me.
Cowl induction? Auto or standard? Either way those things would paint the road black from the get go. Very popular machines back then. ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yeah, that could very well be the reason. It rings a bell. Caught up in the rapture. Hmm. I had a photo of him with his prized Harley. Now lost during moves I've made.

So I be asking ya 2yous, which USA re-born muscle car would you choose given the go ahead? Yes, you can pick more than one 8)

I'd be happy with a Camero. The one that aped the coke bottle, not the latest one. V8, noisy Exhaust and some HIGH profile tyres :D
RPM68
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Post by RPM68 »

I had the same experience. I just purchased a 2016 PCX150 from the local dealer two weeks ago. I got it home and started reading the owners manual. The manual described the tool kit and its contents. I called the dealer to inquire about my missing kit and the gentleman informed me that all that is included in the kit is the plastic bag and the helmet strap, not the other tools shown in the owners manual. "The other tools are junk anyway."(Honda Dealer) However they didn't offer to get me a helmet strap or a plastic bag either.

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the valuable info on this forum. Lots of useful stuff here. I've been riding a scooter since my college days and have always enjoyed it.

Bob
Living the Dream!

2016 PCX150 in Matte Silver
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

In September of 1969 I went into a Ford dealer in Dallas, Texas and asked for a 1969 Mach 1. He told me that they were sold out everywhere because the 1970 models were due in. So I came back the next week and they were just rolling a white 1970 Mach 1 onto the showroom floor. I bought it.
At the same time, my brother, who lives in Oklahoma, purchased a custom ordered Dodge Superbee with 3/4 race cam, 3 on the floor with special gearing, and a 383 cubic inch engine with 4 barrel carb. It went from zero to 60 before the cops could start their cars. Back then the states did not cooperate with each other. He worked in Texas, about 5 miles from the border to Oklahoma, so it was a run for the border when he was done with work for the day.
He use to leave my Mach 1 in the dust. Oh yes, those were the days.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:Once upon a time a mate of mine used a helmet lock only to discover that while he had been away someone had used his helmet as a makeshift toilet.

Just a wee hopefully...
Nope, the full bhuna.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:Once upon a time a mate of mine used a helmet lock only to discover that while he had been away someone had used his helmet as a makeshift toilet.

Just a wee hopefully...
Nope, the full bhuna.

A Mr Whippy? That's harsh.