A small victory, plus "Preaching to the Choir"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Year: 2018
Color: white

A small victory, plus "Preaching to the Choir"

Post by default »

Ever since I got my 2018 PCX I've been missing my "tool kit". The sales guy and I made a deal to where the dealership would just order me the correct stuff and all parties would be happy (was something like $25 total, so no skin off their nuts)

Today, it FINALLY came in. 1000 miles and a month later!

Heres whats funny: when I got home I do a check of the bike, and I find the bag with the helmet strap but nothing else in it. OK...weird. Then I do some Google-Fu to try to find out if I was supposed to have one or not, and can't get a clear answer. OK, I'll call Mother Honda, and am told that they can't see any more information than the normal website shows without my VIN and even with it they have no idea. Great, Honda doesn't know it's own products... Theres a spot for it in the storage compartment (which coincidentally fits my Garmin Virb almost perfectly) and I have the useless-to-me helmet strap in the baggie, but nothing else. All I really cared about was the sparkplug wrench stuff anyway....

Anyway, I just picked it up and I am happy. Odd that the button snap is a weird seafoam/mint green. Meh, it's Honda...

Side note: this little bike carries my 290lb fat ass around just fine and I love this thing. SO much fun for so little money. Probably one of the top bikes I've ridden!
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: A small victory, plus "Preaching to the Choir"

Post by TheMaverick »

I'm a bit confused (normal state for me) - you're saying you've got the tool bag, but it only has the helmet strap in it? ie no tools?
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I have noticed that those tools kits seem to be getting skimpier on new bikes. I think it might be because of fuel injection there is less things to go wrong. My tool kit has the helmet strap a screwdriver, that's it.

Enjoy your ride.
Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.

Post by default »

TheMaverick wrote:I'm a bit confused (normal state for me) - you're saying you've got the tool bag, but it only has the helmet strap in it? ie no tools?

When I got the bike, it had the bag with the helmet strap in it and nothing else. I was convinced there was more (even the manual mentioned it) so I started my search. Today I was delivered the whole tool kit.

I now have 2 helmet straps and bags, but one has the spanner, plug socket and screwdriver as well.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Don't forget that fuse puller bit of plastic. Checking/changing a fuse without it (or a pair of needle-nose pliers) is damn near impossible.

And I actually bought another helmet hanger after I lost the one off the Forza. I use the hook ALL the time on the PCX.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)

Post by default »

GeorgeSK wrote:Don't forget that fuse puller bit of plastic. Checking/changing a fuse without it (or a pair of needle-nose pliers) is damn near impossible.

And I actually bought another helmet hanger after I lost the one off the Forza. I use the hook ALL the time on the PCX.

i didnt get a fuse puller, but ill add one thanks to you
Jacito
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by Jacito »

I'm with you Default. I got the same setup as you when I bought my 2015. I still don't have the tools, and the dealer is gone out of business.
Ride on and leave only tire tracks.
Jim

'15 Honda PCX 150
Pearl White
Motori Tec Inc. Performance Variator w/ 14g rollers
ContiScoot tires - safety recalled
Avon Viper tires
'08 Q'link Pegasus (traded in @ 12,000 miles)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

All I got in the tool bag in my 2017 PCX was a helmet strap (leash) also. The salesman told me that's all they come with now. . .. But have to say I actually use it a lot. When you hang the helmet on the hook place it carefully so it doesn't drop and slam into the side of the PCX. It will hang just fine and depending upon the size of the helmet it may rest on the rubber foot board pad. 8)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Put a piece of clear paint protection film on the bike, helmet won’t scratch.

The bike biz in the us is in a bad state of affairs now- no longer separate stores for the big Japanese brands, millennial are not buying bikes of any type and the boomers are done too.

So what do mfrs do in bad times? Two things: cut the stuff they supply, no more complete tool kits saves a bit on each unit. And they stop redesigning bikes and just start going to the parts bin for new models. Look at the silver wing on the Honda site, it’s a 2013! And yes, there are a few all new models, but nowhere near like the 70/80/90's.....sales in the us in 2007 were a million plus, last year half that.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/u ... ycle-sales

Wanna help? Get your brother to buy a new bike....LOL....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow Glen, thems are depressing words.
Ya know, I daydream about more bikes on our roads. I do look for them and grin everytime one passes by. I convince myself that more and more are being seen every Spring. Is this Wishful thinking?
Our roads are soo friggin' congested! Tailgating is against the law. Ha! It's just about the only way you can drive today, up the arse of the car in front of you! Geez, how nuts is that?

Hows this? I say a family own one car/suv/van or truck per household. That their remaining vehicles (if more transportation was necessary) be motorbikes and/or bicycle's?

I think I've seen More bikes on the Island since I moved back in 2011.
I'd rather say, "I know I've seen more bikes on L.I. since 2011...make that, many more!"
Make me a "Daydream Believer"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

My 2015 came equipped with this wee plastic eyeglass-type snap pouch. Inside? Just this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (113.21 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
My 2011 had more goodies in it, hat hanger, screwdriver, fuse puller, socket thingy...twas full
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Wanna know how bad it is? My CTX 700 is stuck in the AHM warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida and until they can “build a load” , as they call it, with other bikes that are coming to South Florida, it has to wait. So until A few more dealers down here sell/order bikes, they won’t send it… That comes straight from the distribution manager I talked to.....adds a week or so to the process.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, Gee ...
Riding is fun but it doesn't come with an air conditioned living room with TVs for everyone. I complain about the big cars on the road and what does my son do but go out and buy a huge Tahoe SUV for his 2 little kids who are still in cars eats. Why? Because he doesn't want to inconvenience his kids. Huh?? How does the world function. All of those inconvenienced kids.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

IMHO the motorcycle business has changed a lot since the '80s. There is indeed a lot more traffic now competing for space. When you look at the number of SUVs on the road with only one person riding in them it makes you wonder why they spend all that money on empty seats. I dunno. . .riding on two wheels just seems more like living life to me. . .it's all about the experiences. ;)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That hanger is really all you need with a PCX purchase. I do use that frequently to secure helmets that don't fit under the seat.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

homie wrote:That hanger is really all you need with a PCX purchase. I do use that frequently to secure helmets that don't fit under the seat.
Would not trust it in London, even more enticement for low-lifes to take your bike with added helmet.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The few times that I have hung my helmet on the hook I did so without that hanger tool. In fact, I have never used that tool.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Once upon a time a mate of mine used a helmet lock only to discover that while he had been away someone had used his helmet as a makeshift toilet.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

MHO the motorcycle business has changed a lot since the '80s.
There sure are a lot less dealers than there once was. And it seems that - unlike back then - one MC brand (HD) has the lions share of the market. Its bad enough that the only non-HD dealer near me (Suburban metro area) sells Honda, Kawa, Yah, Suz, Vespa and others ..... back then they were sold by competing dealers.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Once upon a time a mate of mine used a helmet lock only to discover that while he had been away someone had used his helmet as a makeshift toilet.

Just a wee hopefully...