Revving on center stand, due to frequent slow speed.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

suzxee1234
Year: 2016
Color: Blue

Re: Revving on center stand, due to frequent slow speed.

Post by suzxee1234 »

Walaikumuh Salam Forza 300.

Glad to have someone who knows this country and the situation. what was the nature of your stay in Maldives.?
I do occasional night fishing trips and snorkeling in the weekends.

Also thanks for the suggestion on checking spark plug.
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

Hi Suzxee,

My extended stay was to part of the tsunami reconstruction. It was a privilege to visit many islands and meet many wonderful and friendly local people. Wonderful food too :)

You are lucky to have the absolute best diving waters in the world. I really enjoyed line fishing at night as well. So many fish!

Thank you for bringing back fond memories.

Feel free to post pic of your PCX. Now I think about it, due to the coral sand it might be wise to clean the air filter more often as well.

Great to hear you are enjoying scooting around the islands. They are beautiful!
------------------------
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Your oil will never reach working temperature. I have a daily 8Km round trip and engine is just at temperature when i arrive at work. Change oil frequently
see:
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/how-of ... rcycle-oil

"When you ride the bike, small amounts of combustion by-products work past the rings introducing, among other contaminants, water into the crankcase. This mixes with the oil and gets distributed through the engine where it can begin to corrode unseen but expensive bits. If the bike is used just for short trips and rarely has the opportunity to get and stay hot for a half hour or more, the moisture will build and dilute the oil, diminishing its ability to lubricate, clean and cool. In fact, if your bike is used almost exclusively for short rides and rarely runs fully warm for extended periods, you should change the oil maybe three times a year. Ideally, you should get your engine up to operating temperature and keep it there for a half hour at least twice a month."
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

^^Read that as 8 Km one way, so 16 km in all daily, in city.( mean speed time is less than 30 Km/h or thereabouts, lots of traffic lights etc). I now change oil every 3,000 kms.