It Sold - Mixed Feelings

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

It Sold - Mixed Feelings

Post by kramnala58 »

I am preparing to move from Thailand toward the end of the year so on Thursday I let it be known at work that I needed to sell my PCX. I was off work from Friday until today, and when I walked in, one of the guys who works for me plunked the money in my hand and my PCX was sold just like that for my asking price. His uncle bought it for his nephew who is attending university. Four hours later it was loaded on a truck and off it went.

I have mixed feelings as it was the first bike I have owned and after 30 years of saying I wanted to ride a motorbike, I finally did it. I guess it will always hold a special place in my memories. I have the Yamaha Majesty YP400 back in the USA and look forward to riding it, but I don't think it will be the same to me that the PCX was. After all, there is no way I will be able to dress up the Majesty like I was able to with the PCX —— especially for the price I paid for accessories here in Thailand. It was a blast, and I enjoyed every moment of it.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Jacito
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

Re: It Sold - Mixed Feelings

Post by Jacito »

So it's sold. Be happy knowing that someone else is enjoying your hard work. You still have a 2 wheeler back in the states. Maybe you can get another PCX when you get back home.
Ride on and leave only tire tracks.
Jim

'15 Honda PCX 150
Pearl White
Motori Tec Inc. Performance Variator w/ 14g rollers
ContiScoot tires - safety recalled
Avon Viper tires
'08 Q'link Pegasus (traded in @ 12,000 miles)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Sad... it was a nice PCX, I always liked the mask on your scoot.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Glad you got your asking price. Take some time to weigh out the pros and cons and perhaps you may find yourself buying another one. You've got to admit they are light and versatile. . .. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ohhhh it is a sad day indeed :( I understand. I bet a lot of us understand.
Better it got sold fast.
Really? Why is that WN! Fast Doesn't take away from the feelings involved.
This is a breakup for petie's sake not a first date!
I will miss all my bikes till the day I take my Last Ride! Be it an object or Not, We had a relationship.
"....And That's the Way it Is"

Sorry to read of your White Lightning's departure kram. Enjoy your Majesty, she'll be there for You ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

WhiteNoise wrote:Ohhhh it is a sad day indeed :( I understand. I bet a lot of us understand.
Better it got sold fast.
Really? Why is that WN! Fast Doesn't take away from the feelings involved.
This is a breakup for petie's sake not a first date!
I will miss all my bikes till the day I take my Last Ride! Be it an object or Not, We had a relationship.
"....And That's the Way it Is"

Sorry to read of your White Lightning's departure kram. Enjoy your Majesty, she'll be there for You ;)
So, WhiteNoise, selling the PCX is like removing a stuck-on band-aid!?!?
Just rip it off as fast as you can and the pain will be less?

LOL!!
Dave
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Well, if it moves fast it validates your feelings that it was a great little scoot.

Or that you sold it low. One never knows. But to me, once I have decided to sell something, I want to see it gone.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

I've felt that way with all my vehicles over the years. Nothing gets me over the feeling faster than a new toy to play with :)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Been several weeks....still no feelings of missing the Burgman 400 -- which essentially was traded for my new red little Piaggio.
Just did the Liberty's initial 1000km valve check yesterday -- something of a nightmare on the Burgman. Most Burg owner's never even attempt.....or want to pay for...no matter how long they own it.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Interestingly enough, when it was time to have the valves checked and adjusted the first time on my wife's PCX, it was also time for the service on my Burgman 400. The service department wasn't busy that day so they brought both of them in at the same time. I watched as they took the bikes apart. The Burgman was done well before the PCX, so we took the Burgman and went off to get coffee while waiting for them to finish up the PCX. We got back just as they were rolling the PCX out.
...so I guess the Burgman is hard, but the PCX is harder??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Access to the PCX head is a royal pain in the bum.
Fish's Burgman had shim adjusters and these very rarely need changing.
Older Burgmans were screw and locknut and comparatively easy to access.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:Interestingly enough, when it was time to have the valves checked and adjusted the first time on my wife's PCX, it was also time for the service on my Burgman 400. The service department wasn't busy that day so they brought both of them in at the same time. I watched as they took the bikes apart. The Burgman was done well before the PCX, so we took the Burgman and went off to get coffee while waiting for them to finish up the PCX. We got back just as they were rolling the PCX out.
...so I guess the Burgman is hard, but the PCX is harder??
What about the oft stated instruction that valve checks must only be untaken on cold engines?
"Over night. Cold."
I'm no 2 wheel engine expert... but it is found in countless valve instructions that it is best to let engine set over night.

"While you wait" valve servicing seems more beneficial for the rider, than the engine. But, you were amongst the 10% who even tried for a valve check on those two models. Good for you!
I'm no super mechanic - but the easier a valve service is to do on a scooter - the more often I will undertake the job.
"wellmeaning" critics .....
NWMT
Fish