new owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcx150blue
Year: 2018
Color: bliue

new owner

Post by pcx150blue »

I Just purchased a new 2018 PCX 150 .. Not really new to scooters I already own a vino 125. Came from a MC getting to much to handle. No pics yet working on it. From Michigan
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: new owner

Post by homie »

AWESOME! and welcome to the forum. You must post some images of the newest PCX for us. please get in there close to things like the ignition panel and lets see the dash panel. Even the tire manufacturer is of interest to me. What's in the glove box and how do you feel about the seat and mirrors. The more you show and tell the happier we all will be.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

COOL!! A 2018 that's SaWeet!
Welcome to the fold! I'll stay tuned to this thread. You gather yer pics and post us your new found toy when yer ready :P

Heh wait!...what color is bliue? :lol:
Ya might want to go back to your profile and fixie that. While there please add your location to your "profile." It's what We add for one another. It makes for better communication and later, solving puzzles.

Ok, waiting..... :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Good for you! A new 2018 eh? You are going to find that the stowage area under the seat is going to come in really useful and the power is more than enough for around town and back roads. . .although some riders do take them on limited access highways.

If you have trouble starting it some time just take a look to see if the kick-stand is down. It's got a safety cut-out switch on the kick-stand so you won't ride off with it hanging down. Kick it back up, make sure the key is turned to the on position, squeeze the left brake lever, hit the starter button and you'll be good to go.

Welcome to the forum. 8)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Big welcome all the way from Nelson, New Zealand.

Congrats on buying a great bike; with your experience on other bikes I suspect it'll only take you about a day to get used to the PCX.

Please, keep safe out there - we're something like 28 TIMES more likely to get hurt compared to car drivers - and that's a horrid statistic. Professional motorcycle instructor Kevin Morris has some great videos on his YouTube channel MC Rider that explain a lot of things that aren't obvious to many riders (https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22/videos) - and I also run a pathetic little Facebook page called "Motorcycle Tips and Tricks to Stay Alive" that may (or may not!) contain something of value: https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleTips ... StayAlive/

Hope you enjoy the community & choose to stick around.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Welcome to the "club" :). Feel free to ask questions relating to riding a honda PCX, as there are many different (riding condition) types of PCX riders here. My first ride was a scooter, my third one was a "real" motorcycle and now i'm back to a scooter. Scooters is where it's at for me as I found motorcycle to rough/harsh to ride. Scooter are just so much more pleasing to use on a daily basis and to ride. I don't miss those vibrating handlebars of the motorcycle one bit.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Koolpcx

Post by Koolpcx »

Welcome I go to pick my 13 up tomorrow
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The 2013 is still the fastest and most modifiable, but the 2018 has Blue! I wish they had thought about blue way back in 2012 when they first put the 2013 model out. I am jealous of you having that color. Pictures please, so we can admire it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Mel46 wrote:The 2013 is still the fastest and most modifiable, but the 2018 has Blue! I wish they had thought about blue way back in 2012 when they first put the 2013 model out. I am jealous of you having that color. Pictures please, so we can admire it.
As a 2013 model owner I'm jealous of those that have pearl white!