Gas tank fill up

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chappy99
Year: 2013
Color: white

Gas tank fill up

Post by chappy99 »

My PCX took $6.87 worth of gas,never thought i would see that.
$130.1 cents per litre :)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Gas tank fill up

Post by TheMaverick »

We're back over NZD $2 a litre here in NZ now. Thankfully on the PCX that still adds up to approx nothing. Did 315km today - total cost in NZD $16.14. Spent more than that in food and drink.
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

How much do you usually see at the fill-up? $30-$50 maybe?

I guess a PCX fill-up is 5 to 7+ times cheaper than a car fill-up.
ImageImageImage
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

chappy99 wrote:My PCX took $6.87 worth of gas,never thought i would see that.
$130.1 cents per litre :)
lucky you...the price of regular gas in Vancouver today is 144.9 cents/litre

We were paying 132.9 cents/litre back on July 22, 2017
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

raito wrote:How much do you usually see at the fill-up? $30-$50 maybe?

I guess a PCX fill-up is 5 to 7+ times cheaper than a car fill-up.
Around here it's about $10 -v- $110 - but the car has far greater range. Overall the bike costs about 1/4 the cost of the car fuel wise - which on an engine CC basis actually makes the bike very inefficient (4 times the economy but 1/15th the capacity).
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Average price in my state just jumped another 3 cents a gallon since yesterday. It's up to $2.88 a gallon now. . .or about 59 cents more a gallon than this time last year. :o
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PCX150Rider wrote:Average price in my state just jumped another 3 cents a gallon since yesterday. It's up to $2.88 a gallon now. . .or about 59 cents more a gallon than this time last year. :o
Could be worse - we're currently at the equivalent of USD $5.59 per US gallon.
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

TheMaverick wrote: but the car has far greater range.
For my PCX vs my previous car Suzuki Vitara, it is about 300km vs 400km, so I do not feel the range is that bad.
ImageImageImage
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I know. . .paying twice what I am. . .and it's like that all over Europe right?.

That being said do you have a NHS like England? If you do then that is great. I wish the U.S. would just cut to the chase and go with a single payer system but they won't. :geek:

We get cheap gas and expensive medical bills. :o o_O :roll: :x
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Here in Georgia, which doesn't normally have bad gas prices, the price per gallon jumped in 2 days from $2.15/ gal to $2.78/gal and many stations ran out of gas. Still have a lot of gas guzzlers on the road here anyway. Heck, if you can afford to drive a Hummer then you don't care what the price of gas is... until the stations run out of gas.

My cars are not the most fuel efficient but they are not as bad as many in our neighborhood. (We have a 4 cylinder Hyundai Sonota, and a Volvo V70 5 cylinder turbo.)
What makes the difference for us is using the PCX to go on local store runs. Heck, I took it to my doctor appointment, and then to pick up our prescriptions. Easy to park, easy on the gas, and nice looking.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:
I know. . .paying twice what I am. . .and it's like that all over Europe right?.

That being said do you have a NHS like England? If you do then that is great. I wish the U.S. would just cut to the chase and go with a single payer system but they won't. :geek:

True. Your choice.
djbass
Regular User
Regular User
Year: PCX150, 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by djbass »

In Belarus, gasoline prices are not very high. When the 2015 PCX illuminate the remainder of 3 division of fuel, fill 5 litres is about 3$. It's even cheaper than to travel by public transport. In the car on the same run we have to fill 4 times more fuel. Used to drive an Audi A8 with the engine 4.2, there is still a hungry motor, about 8 times more than the PCX :)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

raito wrote:
TheMaverick wrote: but the car has far greater range.
For my PCX vs my previous car Suzuki Vitara, it is about 300km vs 400km, so I do not feel the range is that bad.
Sounds great. My PCX has the smaller 6l tank so I get between about 150km (WOT) and 230km (city speeds) on a tank. Honda Accord Euro I can get 600km on a trip.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PCX150Rider wrote:

Yeah - we hear horror stories of US medical costs from over here. We have a public system - sorta/kinda works OK - no problems with emergency care, but can be long waiting lists for things like hip replacements etc. Private care is available too - prices are so/so. We pay for GP visits - about $45 per 1/4 hour (NZD).
PaCoX

Post by PaCoX »

Pardon the slight topic deviation, but has anyone found out how many miles (or kilometers) the PCX will go after the last fuel gauge bar starts blinking, if using in the city (not highway)?

I have 2017 PCX with a 2.1-gallon tank (7.9 liters). My last bar just started blinking at 202.4 miles on the trip meter while I was riding home from work. By the time I got home, the trip meter was at 206.4 miles. I'll most likely have to fill the tank tomorrow or end up being *that* guy pushing his scooter along the side of the road, but I was wondering if anyone has taken their tank to the limit.
* 2017 Honda PCX 150 (Pearl White)
* National Cycle Windscreen (medium)
djbass
Regular User
Regular User
Year: PCX150, 2015

Post by djbass »

As soon as the last indicator is blinking, the PCX will travel only 10 miles, for more should not count. Tested empirically to empty tank.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

PaCoX wrote:Pardon the slight topic deviation, but has anyone found out how many miles (or kilometers) the PCX will go after the last fuel gauge bar starts blinking, if using in the city (not highway)?

I have 2017 PCX with a 2.1-gallon tank (7.9 liters). My last bar just started blinking at 202.4 miles on the trip meter while I was riding home from work. By the time I got home, the trip meter was at 206.4 miles. I'll most likely have to fill the tank tomorrow or end up being *that* guy pushing his scooter along the side of the road, but I was wondering if anyone has taken their tank to the limit.
You must be getting good gas milage. I'm happy if the last bar start to blink at 100 miles on the oddo. I have the 1.6 gal tank and have filled up too 1.42 on occasions. I also fill my tank to the brim.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PaCoX wrote:Pardon the slight topic deviation, but has anyone found out how many miles (or kilometers) the PCX will go after the last fuel gauge bar starts blinking, if using in the city (not highway)?

Very easy to work out;

Just track your distance from when you fill up, and then fill up again as soon as it starts blinking. Subtracting how much you put in from the known tank size tells you how much fuel remained in the tank, and dividing quantity put back into tank into distance gives economy. Multiply economy by fuel remaining to get distance remaining (assuming no change to economy).

Real world figures from one of my trips ...

My PCX has a 6.1L tank. After travelling 229km the light started flashing and I put in 5.15L of fuel - so 0.95L remaining (minimum; I fill that tank up to the very top of the tank so probably getting slightly more than 6.1L in there) and economy was 44.47km/L - so distance remaining was 42.25km - assuming all of the fuel in the tank was accessible by the pump and economy didn't change. That's for my bike - could well be different for yours as I believe the tank is a different shape and the gauge might be calibrated differently anyway.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Gil wrote: You must be getting good gas milage. I'm happy if the last bar start to blink at 100 miles on the oddo. I have the 1.6 gal tank and have filled up too 1.42 on occasions. I also fill my tank to the brim.
Gil
It would depend on how fast you're riding on average. Those figures equate to 27.77 km/L which is very close to what I get at wide open throttle (On Tuesday I was WOT for most of 60km and recorded 26.09 km/L) - if you're doing city speeds you should be well over 40 km/L though (I sit around 43-45 km/L in at city speeds of 50-60km/hr).
Hax
Year: 2016
Color: Black

Post by Hax »

In the UK it costs me the equivalent of $10 to fill up. However I am getting a consistent 145 mpg out of my 2016 bike. This has increased from 130 when brand new.