New happy pcx 150 owner!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rvkssl
Year: 2014
Color: Pearl white

New happy pcx 150 owner!

Post by rvkssl »

Bought a pearlwhite 2014 Honda pcx 150 today with 2000 miles on it to commute to work , can't wait to go! :D
Secondly i'm hoping to find a lot of information on this forum since this is my first one.

Cheers,

Ronald.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New happy pcx 150 owner!

Post by homie »

WELCOME the forum Ronald! Congratulations you have come to the right place for all things PCX. First a little history on the bikes service maintenance if you know it could put your mind at ease. Did you get an owners manual with the scoot? Comes in handy for the simplest things like setting the clock or if you have no motorcycle experience.

You shouldn't be due for anything until 5000 miles. There is a need to quickly determine which design PCX you have because 2014 was a transition year for the model. Please look at this chart to determine what design PCX you have paying attention to the seat, dash, turn signals, LED lights etc. Owners manual, parts catalog and service manual are available if you'll be servicing your own scooter. ENJOY!
Attachments
honda pcx.jpg
honda pcx.jpg (279.25 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Note that some of the 2014 models still had the seat hump, and some had LED headlights while others did not. Some of the 2014 model had integrated rear turn signals like the 2015 and above (look at the pictures above).
You have one of those rare birds that might use the 2013 parts or the 2015 parts. Something to consider when looking for parts and accessories.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
IIDarkSeekerII
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Red

Post by IIDarkSeekerII »

Welcome to the PCX family!!! I hope you are enjoying your new scooter!!!
rvkssl

Post by rvkssl »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Mine is the 2015-2018 model with led lighting, enlarged fuel capacity and the modern looking dash, i specific searched for this model because of the fuel tank and led lighting.
I got the owners manual and stamped service manual with it, but for the near future i'm thinking of buying the maintenance manual, i saw some offered on Ebay, anyone experience with that?

Cheers,

Ronald
Attachments
WP_20170826_08_40_19_Rich.jpg
WP_20170826_08_40_19_Rich.jpg (135.96 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oh boy! that's nice. If you aren't planning any drive train modifications I would wait out this company for the newer dedicated LED service manuals. They should be back in stock and selling by the time you hit 5k. Maybe someone in the states can buy one and ship it to you. The last SM edition was a combination pre-LED/LED and it can be confusing and cluttered as it jumps from old to new on the same page throughout the manual.

I would check the radiator fluid level. It burns off at a rate that can drop to the low mark at 4-5k. That's pushing it for the 5k interval maintenance schedule if nobody is paying attention. If you don't know where and how to read it ask. Attaching your parts catalog PDF

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.as ... itemtype=N
Attachments
Parts Catalog Honda PCX150 NEW - 2ND EDITION.PDF
(7.82 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Big welcome from me in Nelson, New Zealand Ron.

On a serious note, I always like to also encourage people to think about their safety - the stats show that motorcycle riders are something like about 28 TIMES (not percent) more likely to be killed or injured than car drivers ("cagers") so it's really in our best interests to try and tip the balance more in our favour because there are a LOT of things that we can do that can make a huge difference that aren't necessarily obvious until they're pointed out. An approved motorcycle training course is the gold standard. Another excellent source of information is the YouTube channel run by professional motorcycle instructor Kevin Morris (https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22) ("MC Rider") - and last/least, I run a really bad Facebook page on the topic "Motorcycle Tips and Tricks to Stay Alive" - https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleTips ... StayAlive/ Hope this helps - and welcome again from me!
rvkssl

Post by rvkssl »

Thanks Homie for the info, and Maverick , i will surelly check out your facebook, since it was 30 years ago that that i got my license i think a little freshening up a bit on safety tips and tricks won't hurt ;) , my wife insisted on buying a fluorescent jacket, so that one is signed off.

Cheers, Ronald.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

rvkssl wrote:Thanks Homie for the info, and Maverick , i will surelly check out your facebook, since it was 30 years ago that that i got my license i think a little freshening up a bit on safety tips and tricks won't hurt ;) , my wife insisted on buying a fluorescent jacket, so that one is signed off.

Cheers, Ronald.
Great stuff Ronald. I went for fluro jacket and helmet - and with the light out the front ... quite often people still don't give way when they should. Positioning and spacing has a lot to do with that - many motorcyclists are invisible behind a vehicle in front because they're following too close and are positioned in the wrong part of the lane ... car clears ... dude drives in from the side thinks he's good to go ... bam.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1AI_EFAuc[/youtube]
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

O-kaaaay, let's try ^ again

Ah nooo, Appears the vid is unavailable! and I nuked popcorn :(
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

WhiteNoise wrote:O-kaaaay, let's try ^ again

Ah nooo, Appears the vid is unavailable! and I nuked popcorn :(
Sorry about that.

That's weird - I've never had a lot of luck with those tags, but the URL still works for me. Try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1AI_EFAuc

Send me a bill for the popcorn!
izani
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by izani »

rvkssl wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Mine is the 2015-2018 model with led lighting, enlarged fuel capacity and the modern looking dash, i specific searched for this model because of the fuel tank and led lighting.
I got the owners manual and stamped service manual with it, but for the near future i'm thinking of buying the maintenance manual, i saw some offered on Ebay, anyone experience with that?

Cheers,

Ronald
Yours exactly like mine. 2015 model. :P
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

take everything out before and including the =
highlight the rest---> 5y1AI_EFAuc
click the youtube tab from your selections under the font choices
preview and post it

enjoy!
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

homie wrote:

take everything out before and including the =
highlight the rest---> 5y1AI_EFAuc
click the youtube tab from your selections under the font choices
preview and post it

enjoy!
Thanks Homie.

You'd think that with me being an ex admin of a site using the same software that I'd know that, but nope!