Hi from Brooklyn and Bangkok

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Soidogcowboy
Year: 2011
Color: Candy Red

Hi from Brooklyn and Bangkok

Post by Soidogcowboy »

Hey everyone. I just acquired a PCX 125, 2011 in red. I got an incredible deal at $1200 for a bike with only 49 miles. Yup, that's not a typo. The person who owned it thought they would be able to ride it with their arthritis but it was just too painful. I'll post a pic soon. Truly enjoying it so far.

I'm a new rider and the reason I started to ride is I spend the winter months in Thailand where everyone seems to ride scooters. It turns out that the PCX is made in Thailand as well as other places so it's one of the most popular choices. The bad news is that Thailand is number one in the world for death on motorbikes . Accidents are far to many to tally. The reasons for that are lax enforcement of basic laws like helmets , no more than two people per bike and just a general wild west attitude. I am riding here in Brooklyn every day and have taken a safety course to not become a statistic in Bangkok

Looking forward to the group
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Hi from Brooklyn and Bangkok

Post by alx123 »

Welcome here. Send me pm once youre back in Bangkok (in case) and we can do some short trips PCX ride here. :)
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

That must hold the record for a bargain.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Just be aware of the defect in the 2011. The center stand support is weak. Too much weight on it and it could break. It is WHERE it could break that is the problem. Read this thread and the one associated with it. It should be OK as long as you don't put too much weight on it and you keep it clean and greased.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5625
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Just be aware of the defect in the 2011. The center stand support is weak. Too much weight on it and it could break. It is WHERE it could break that is the problem. Read this thread and the one associated with it. It should be OK as long as you don't put too much weight on it and you keep it clean and greased.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5625

Oh God. I'm getting weary....