Photo upload problem?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ronald5256
Year: 2012
Color: White

Photo upload problem?

Post by Ronald5256 »

Hi all I did a bit of work to my bike over the weekend and got some photos of the before and after I try to upload them and get a message saying that the post has failed and if the problem continues to contact the forum administration any ideas please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Photo upload problem?

Post by homie »

um, the forum is not malfuntioning. I've seen three kinds of messages when images fail to post, one is that you forget to put a header. Too few characters in the main text block is another and the third is the images are too big.
Attachments
honda pcx.jpg
honda pcx.jpg (280.08 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Perhaps the pictures are too large. Sometimes when they are uploaded from a phone they are way, way too big because the phone cameras have gotten so much better over time. I get a red message at the top when the pictures are too large, but maybe the phone doesn't get that message. Look at the details on one of the pictures to see if it meets the forum criteria.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

homie wrote:um, the forum is not malfuntioning. I've seen three kinds of messages when images fail to post, one is that you forget to put a header. Too few characters in the main text block is another and the third is the images are too big.
Homie,

"Slightly" off topic, but with reference to your excellent chart above ...

My PCX is (supposedly) 2014 - it's non LED - it's a 150 - and it's an ESP - so does that basically mean it's a 2013 in terms on online parts ordering for variator / clutch area stuff?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

TheMaverick wrote:
homie wrote:um, the forum is not malfuntioning. I've seen three kinds of messages when images fail to post, one is that you forget to put a header. Too few characters in the main text block is another and the third is the images are too big.
Homie,

My PCX is (supposedly) 2014 - it's non LED - it's a 150 - and it's an ESP - so does that basically mean it's a 2013 in terms on online parts ordering for variator / clutch area stuff?
It most likely does BUT we have see full blown LED 2014's with humpless seats and these 14's would need 2015 parts :roll: I know, right. Good news is the engine on your 2014 is eSP. Are you hump seat or not? Maybe we just work through the parts you want to change as you need them. The NCY vario kit will fit any year PCX so I suspect any year stock vario kit will also fit any year PCX.
Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

Thanks guys it maybe the image size I will try to resize them and have another go at it

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

homie wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
Homie,

It most likely does BUT we have see full blown LED 2014's with humpless seats and these 14's would need 2015 parts :roll: I know, right. Good news is the engine on your 2014 is eSP. Are you hump seat or not? Maybe we just work through the parts you want to change as you need them. The NCY vario kit will fit any year PCX so I suspect any year stock vario kit will also fit any year PCX.
Thanks - mine is the "hump" model.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Then more than likely it will use 2013 parts.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Let's see if we can get some of Your photo's onboard Ronald. Have you seen/read our forum owner's thread "How to upload a photo?" If not, it's here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ing+photos

You can also use google to find free photo resizing apps then choose and download one. I use one called "Auto Resize" on my iPad. It like others, are very simple to use...you know, user friendly ;)
Heck they even have photo resizing to make avatars!
Sure, I found me one :D This one: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Members will use what suits them best and may share with you and also other avenues. One thing most of us have in common....We enjoy and want to See photos 8) We sure hope you can post yours up. Cheers and good luck!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Let's see if we can get some of Your photo's onboard Ronald. Have you seen/read our forum owner's thread "How to upload a photo?" If not, it's here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ing+photos

You can also use google to find free photo resizing apps then choose and download one. I use one called "Auto Resize" on my iPad. It like others, are very simple to use...you know, user friendly ;)
Heck they even have photo resizing to make avatars!
Sure, I found me one :D This one: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Members will use what suits them best and may share with you and also other avenues. One thing most of us have in common....We enjoy and want to See photos 8) We sure hope you can post yours up. Cheers and good luck!
I have been using taptalk on my mobile will have to switch to the pc and try I think people will like them as it's of my windshield restoration it was full of Mark's and now it's come up like new I did go and read the how to upload a photo and have taken the approach that the resolution is to hi so will have to resize them I think

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes indeed, I too believe your photo issues are size related - Too big. I hope you can resize them on your PC so we can see them - your screen, etc. 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You