Hi all new member

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ronald5256
Year: 2012
Color: White

Hi all new member

Post by Ronald5256 »

Hi all I'm Ron I come from ilkeston in Derbyshire in the UK and I have just taken on a 2012 pcx from my brother after he moved up to something a little bigger it has 2500 miles ok the clock and is a little unloved at the moment but should be a good project to have a tinker with Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Hi all new member

Post by homie »

Welcome Ron! I'm excited for you and since its your brothers 2012 you know the maintenance history. After a few posts I can get you the service manual PDF. Did bro give you the owners manual? Maybe we start with the rearview mirror... they typically go around the other way :D
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Big welcome from Nelson, New Zealand Ron. Are you new to riding?
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015

Post by Brent »

Welcome Ron!
Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

TheMaverick wrote:Big welcome from Nelson, New Zealand Ron. Are you new to riding?
Yes just passed the test hear in the UK called the CBT it's the absolute starting point

Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

homie wrote:Welcome Ron! I'm excited for you and since its your brothers 2012 you know the maintenance history. After a few posts I can get you the service manual PDF. Did bro give you the owners manual? Maybe we start with the rearview mirror... they typically go around the other way :D
Hi he did not give me the owners manual but I did find it online without to a lot of trouble I would very much appreciate a copy of the service manuel as I was looking at getting one shipped out from the USA you know what I did think something was a little odd about the mirrors lol and I have to ask because of you user name are you the gentleman with the YouTube channel precision cutdown by any chance??

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Ronald5256 wrote: I would very much appreciate a copy of the service manual as I was looking at getting one shipped out from the USA you know what I did think something was a little odd about the mirrors lol and I have to ask because of you user name are you the gentleman with the YouTube channel precision cutdown by any chance?
Yes, tis me ;) lousy production but people keep subscribing so must be useful :lol: I will put your SM PDF in your private messages. Please don't pay crazy price for imported service manual.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome. I trust that we can be of some help along the way.

I am not sure if you are aware of it, but the early model PCX (which I believe yours is) had a problem with the center stand mount on the crank case being weak. This led to several cases of cracked crank cases. As such, many of us with the earlier model either don't use the center stand or if we do, it is only sparingly.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

homie wrote:
Ronald5256 wrote: I would very much appreciate a copy of the service manual as I was looking at getting one shipped out from the USA you know what I did think something was a little odd about the mirrors lol and I have to ask because of you user name are you the gentleman with the YouTube channel precision cutdown by any chance?
Yes, tis me ;) lousy production but people keep subscribing so must be useful :lol: I will put your SM PDF in your private messages. Please don't pay crazy price for imported service manual.
Cool thanks for the s/m got your message fine and hell yes! your channel is brilliant I sat and watched 4/5 episodes last night will be doing the same tonight i try to learn all I can about it

Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

kramnala58 wrote:Welcome. I trust that we can be of some help along the way.

I am not sure if you are aware of it, but the early model PCX (which I believe yours is) had a problem with the center stand mount on the crank case being weak. This led to several cases of cracked crank cases. As such, many of us with the earlier model either don't use the center stand or if we do, it is only sparingly.
Thanks for the heads up about the centre stand my bike is a 2012 vintage all stock but for how long lol

Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

Welcome from Chicago. Enjoy your new ride!
-Jeremy
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Ronald5256 wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:Big welcome from Nelson, New Zealand Ron. Are you new to riding?
Yes just passed the test hear in the UK called the CBT it's the absolute starting point
Great stuff - congratulations. I still remember passing my test (think it was around 1980) - cop had his helmet & gloves on whilst I was still fumbling with the strap, but then couldn't start his bike at first (so I "caught up"). We went around about 2 blocks then he pulled the bit of paper out of his back pocket that he'd already filled out saying I'd passed, and sent me on my way ... at which point I departed the scene with my indicator flashing ... and flashing ... and flashing ...

I always like to encourage new riders to think about safety; I've seen various studies that tell us that we riders are something like 28 to 33 TIMES (not percent) more likely to be killed than someone in a car - and that's a jaw-dropping, eye-bulging statistic (that I'm sure most riders don't think applies to them). So my encouragement is for riders to try and tip the odds back to being more in their favour by undertaking (please excuse the unfortunate pun) as much training as possible. I think approved courses are still the gold standard, but in addition to that there's other great resources out there. A couple that come to mind are:

- Motorcycle Roadcraft - The Police Rider's Handbook - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8 ... UTF8&psc=1 (Kindle)

- MC Rider (Kevin Morris, YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22

- And last/least, I occasionally put up an article or two on my bad Facebook page "Motorcycle Tips & Tricks to Stay Alive" https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleTips ... oStayAlive

Hope some of these help in some small way.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Welcome aboard. . . get ready for some great rides on your PCX! It the engine oil starts to look like Marmite you've let it go too long and it should be changed. o_O

Just kidding. :lol:

If you go with the owners manual recommendations you'll be fine. 8)
Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

Smaug wrote:Welcome from Chicago. Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks lots buddy

Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

TheMaverick wrote:
Ronald5256 wrote:
Great stuff - congratulations. I still remember passing my test (think it was around 1980) - cop had his helmet & gloves on whilst I was still fumbling with the strap, but then couldn't start his bike at first (so I "caught up"). We went around about 2 blocks then he pulled the bit of paper out of his back pocket that he'd already filled out saying I'd passed, and sent me on my way ... at which point I departed the scene with my indicator flashing ... and flashing ... and flashing ...

I always like to encourage new riders to think about safety; I've seen various studies that tell us that we riders are something like 28 to 33 TIMES (not percent) more likely to be killed than someone in a car - and that's a jaw-dropping, eye-bulging statistic (that I'm sure most riders don't think applies to them). So my encouragement is for riders to try and tip the odds back to being more in their favour by undertaking (please excuse the unfortunate pun) as much training as possible. I think approved courses are still the gold standard, but in addition to that there's other great resources out there. A couple that come to mind are:

- Motorcycle Roadcraft - The Police Rider's Handbook - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8 ... UTF8&psc=1 (Kindle)

- MC Rider (Kevin Morris, YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22

- And last/least, I occasionally put up an article or two on my bad Facebook page "Motorcycle Tips & Tricks to Stay Alive" https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleTips ... oStayAlive

Hope some of these help in some small way.
Most certainly in favour of anything that keeps me sucking in air

Ronald5256

Post by Ronald5256 »

PCX150Rider wrote:Welcome aboard. . . get ready for some great rides on your PCX! It the engine oil starts to look like Marmite you've let it go too long and it should be changed. o_O

Just kidding. :lol:

If you go with the owners manual recommendations you'll be fine. 8)
Yes thanks to homie I have a copy of the service manuel now I was going to order one online but he kindly hooked me up I feel a lot better doing my own work on it now I have all the specs

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Ronald5256 wrote:Yes thanks to homie I have a copy of the service manuel now I was going to order one online but he kindly hooked me up I feel a lot better doing my own work on it now I have all the specs
You're most welcome and if you feel this forum is working for you personally click on over sometime and say hi to the owner who puts with it ;)

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1916