PCX reactions: whats yours?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: PCX reactions: whats yours?

Post by default »

I got asked if my moped had a turbo on it. Of course it does!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

For some reason the bigger bike riders are curious about my PCX, especially when they have a female passenger. We would pull up to an eatery (Dunkin' Donuts, Varsity, BBQ place, etc) where some other bikes are already parked, and pretty soon we have people walking around them, asking questions and just being curious. We are always glad to answer their questions, and they are usually surprised when we say that these are scooters. It seems that the term "scooter" means Vespa or Vespa-like around here. The PCX is definitely NOT a Vespa.
IMG_20170818_114003.jpg
IMG_20170818_114003.jpg (274.38 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

The Chicks definitely dig the PCXs. Even if the Harley riders don't wave their ladies do! :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Absolutely correct,electric will be the future of transportation.The oil companies are slowing it down by buying up battery patents and lithium reserves.Gasoline will once again be a dinosaur.
One big problem with the electric motorcycles (or scooters) is that they are so quiet that wildlife will walk right out in front of them like they aren't there. I know that critters do it with fossil fueled vehicles but I was watching a racing video one time about electric racing motorcycles and one of the comments from the racers was that animals or birds don't hear them coming. So it adds a higher level of risk on the track. I can't remember that video specifically but this one gives you an idea of what I mean. It's like a rush of wind and then suddenly a scream and fade into the distance. 8)

Kind of makes me wonder if it adds a whole new level to the need for walking while texting laws as we move forward with electric vehicles. :roll:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:The Chicks definitely dig the PCXs. Even if the Harley riders don't wave their ladies do! :lol:
So true :D

I don't know what kind of reconditioning people are going to have to do for the silent vehicles coming our way. I guess they will have to put down the cell phone and use their eyes again or suffer the legal ramifications. Everything electronic has a time stamp now and I pity the fool who kills somebody while using their phone these days.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

When we had our accident the individual who caused it all had been on his cell phone and not paying attention to the road. His truck crossed the center line and hit another vehicle head on. When all of the law suites were done that person's business was broke and his insurance picked up the tab for the hospital costs and rehab of the other driver, who is still not back at work. There was nothing left for our repairs and medical costs, and we didn't have enough to pay our medical cost AND our attorney fees out of our insurance, so the attorney was paid and we still owe on the medical costs. So, in the end, who had the most problems, the bad driver or his victims?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Mel46 wrote:When we had our accident the individual who caused it all had been on his cell phone and not paying attention to the road. His truck crossed the center line and hit another vehicle head on. When all of the law suites were done that person's business was broke and his insurance picked up the tab for the hospital costs and rehab of the other driver, who is still not back at work. There was nothing left for our repairs and medical costs, and we didn't have enough to pay our medical cost AND our attorney fees out of our insurance, so the attorney was paid and we still owe on the medical costs. So, in the end, who had the most problems, the bad driver or his victims?
Sorry to hear this Mel.

I see that autonomous emergency braking is set to be a requirement for a 5 star safety rating soon - hopefully this will be the start of a plethora of "electronic smarts" that will help avoid accidents like this in the future, driven by manufacturers that want to retain a 5 star rating for their vehicles. Can't come soon enough in my opinion.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The most dangerous thing on any motorcycle is usually the nut that holds the handlebars.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

The same could be said for drivers in general. We weren't the ones on the cellphone, and our bikes don't have half of the distractions these modern day people haulers do.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Stupid people are in low demand and huge supply. 8)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Stupid people are in low demand and huge supply. 8)

Excellent
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

I had a couple of chunky black ladies corner me in the grocery store parking lot late one night. One of them was SERIOUSLY interested. Said she was going to have her boyfriend get her one.

The sporty looks and underseat storage were the selling points for her. Oh, and reasonable price for a clean used one.
-Jeremy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Well... time go ride with some stupid people I guess. Rain is letting up in the Chicagoland area.