What is this?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: What is this?

Post by homie »

brrit wrote:Good stuff, folks. Thanks for all the input on the knob. I figure a tank bag would cover the holes anyway, right?
Well sure :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

brrit your LED PCX is riddled with these trim clips where as your pre-15 models have none so you are not familiar or you would have thought this one out yourself. Drill the hole the proper size and pop one in for now... done!
FWIW I did a quick look-see at the body panel parts on Bike Bandit and associated hardware and hold-downs. They only list parts at this point up to the 2016 PCX but it would make sense to me (although I could be wrong) that the parts for the U.S. 2017 and 2018 model should be the same.

That being said and taking a snapshot look at any clips etc. . . that are required. . . I could only find (other than the screws and other bolts and stuff) Nut, Spring (item 13) for the Inner Cover; Push Rivot (item 14) for the Front Cover; Clip, Snap Fitting (item 13) for the Front Cover; and Clip, Snap Fitting (item 10) for the Body Cover. Quantities of each varied and I may have missed something at a quick glance but basically it comes down to screws, spring nuts, and snap clips. I looked to see where more Push Rivots may be applied but couldn't find them listed.

Did I miss something? Just a bit confused having seen the drawings and material lists. :roll:

I'd like to order a few of anything in advance that may break when I try to disassemble and reassemble the body panels to do the valve adjustment. . .which at this rate will probably be next Spring. Any recommendations on good quality panel removal tools appreciated as well. Otherwise I may just get a set from Advanced or Harbor Freight. 8)
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

default wrote:
dgnyberg wrote:All this talk about "what is this. . ." now I have a project to do.
Time to build a mini flux capacitor and mount it to the fuel door!!
Some strip LEDs, a controller and some inventive building and we'll see what happens!!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/itti/? ... JwQAvD_BwE

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1dbd/
Where's the fun in just buying one? LOL!!
But, I may have to get a couple of the keychains.