Hello! ***NEW MEMBER***

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

IIDarkSeekerII
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Red

Hello! ***NEW MEMBER***

Post by IIDarkSeekerII »

Hi! I am new to the forum, and just got my 2013 PCX150 about two weeks ago. I have named her Lucy. She had 550 miles on the clock when I got her. I will post a pic or two below.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Hello! ***NEW MEMBER***

Post by you you »

You should have called her Hannah :D
xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Post by xixon »

Welcome to our forum

Your PCX looks like show room condition, nice find
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Welcome!
Nice PCX and LUCY works for me :D The movie was excellent too
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (6.59 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

Welcome to the Forum.
I've had my 2013 for a couple of months.
Mine had 2300 miles on it when I got it. Now it's over 5000.
Your's looks great!!
There's lots of great people on this forum and they are very helpful.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Awesome red. You still got the faster PCX, the LED version is a only chicken chaser. :lol:

Welcome here..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

550 miles on a '13? Absolutely awesome! I feel sorta bad for whoever bought it and then had their scooter relationship go south, but... your gain!

Change the oil - think about having the valves checked (or doing it yourself - plenty of howtos here), and enjoy the new wheels.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Welcome! 8)

You'll find that riding the PCX can become addictive. :lol:
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Big welcome from me too. Are you new to riding?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nice time warp condition.

Also nice to see one that hasn't been fiddled with too.

Result.
IIDarkSeekerII
Color: Candy Red

Post by IIDarkSeekerII »

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

homie: I loved the movie "Lucy"!!!

you you: I do also love the name Hannah, so maybe that will be the name for my full size motorcycle I hope to get next summer.

GeorgeSK: Lucy will be going in very soon to have her first service done, as we were able to verify that it was not done by the previous owner.

TheMaverick: I am not new to riding. In my younger years I owned an early 80's Kawasaki 550 LTD cruiser that was in show room condition that was owned by an older gentlemen. I ended up trading it for a car that had engine failure weeks later. I still feel like an idiot for agreeing to that trade. I have also spent a lot of time on 500cc-700cc crotch rockets and a 700cc cruiser that were owned by family and friends. Then I had a dry spell for about ten years and then last spring bought a brand new Honda Metropolitan 50cc. I rode it for most of the summer and then sold it to a college student, as I am a hefty guy and that little scooter did not like having me on its back. I then bought a 2005 Suzuki Burgman 400 touring scooter and immediately had $950 worth of work done, and then this summer another $600 worth of work done. Needless to say it is up for sale. So with the Burgman on its way out, I purchased my PCX 150. I was truly lucky to find Lucy in such good condition with such low miles.

Well, that's a little about me, I hope I answered all of your questions. If not, let me know! I'm happy to be a part of this community!
PaCoX
Year: 2017
Color: Pearl White

Post by PaCoX »

Welcome aboard! There's an amazing amount of helpful info in this forum.

I've had my PCX for a month and finally put gas in it today. I had the last bar blinking and didn't want to test just how much farther I could go.
* 2017 Honda PCX 150 (Pearl White)
* National Cycle Windscreen (medium)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

IIDarkSeekerII wrote:TheMaverick: I am not new to riding. In my younger years I owned an early 80's Kawasaki 550 LTD cruiser that was in show room condition that was owned by an older gentlemen. I ended up trading it for a car that had engine failure weeks later. I still feel like an idiot for agreeing to that trade. I have also spent a lot of time on 500cc-700cc crotch rockets and a 700cc cruiser that were owned by family and friends. Then I had a dry spell for about ten years and then last spring bought a brand new Honda Metropolitan 50cc. I rode it for most of the summer and then sold it to a college student, as I am a hefty guy and that little scooter did not like having me on its back. I then bought a 2005 Suzuki Burgman 400 touring scooter and immediately had $950 worth of work done, and then this summer another $600 worth of work done. Needless to say it is up for sale. So with the Burgman on its way out, I purchased my PCX 150. I was truly lucky to find Lucy in such good condition with such low miles.
Great stuff. I always like to ask just so I can encourage new riders to start investing in some rider training, since we're something like 30 times more likely to die on our beloved beasts compared to cagers :(

I think you'll love the PCX - it's just so versatile whilst being economical - I think Honda really hit the sweet spot with this design. Wealth of knowledge here means you can do most of the maintenance yourself if you're so inclined (and save a bundle in the process).
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

IIDarkSeekerII wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome!!

homie: I loved the movie "Lucy"!!!

you you: I do also love the name Hannah, so maybe that will be the name for my full size motorcycle I hope to get next summer.
I'm sure Whitenoise is already on the Hannah Montana clips :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

TheMaverick wrote:
Great stuff. I always like to ask just so I can encourage new riders to start investing in some rider training, since we're something like 30 times more likely to die on our beloved beasts compared to cagers :(.

Popular at parties are we :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

you you wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
Great stuff. I always like to ask just so I can encourage new riders to start investing in some rider training, since we're something like 30 times more likely to die on our beloved beasts compared to cagers :(.

Popular at parties are we :lol: :lol: :lol:
Again you you, if you can't contribute anything of value to my posts then please do us all a favour and put me on your ignore list. These frequent "hit and runs" are getting somewhat tedious.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Lucy will be going in very soon to have her first service done, as we were able to verify that it was not done by the previous owner.
Smart move, glad you found Lucy, she's lucky to have a good new owner !
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

By the way, I've got the same model (but in Gray). I used to find the hump in the seat somewhat uncomfortable - if you do too, then it simply unbolts from under the seat (but does leave a couple of rather unsightly holes in the vinyl) (but they can be covered with a vinyl repair kit for next to nothing) (some go the whole hog and have the seat reupholstered or replaced altogether).
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard our forums IIDarkSeekerII!! :P
Well! That's a lotta bikes in yer 2 wheeling history! Cheers to that 8)
I know you'll enjoy your newbie, it's just so darn easy to maneuver and it gets us where we wanna go without shifting! Yeh!!!!!! Wheeeeee.......
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: 2yous, Hannah? Miley? = Same? :roll: Are they?
I've heard of Hannah and Nuttin' further than that. Miley? (Clearing throat) EVERYONE knows who Miley is!!

On a different note can you get back on track with the behaving part of the word misbehaving? Yer riling things up a bit and yer 2yous knows it. Pick on me instead, Me can takes it :D (or ignores it)
Is it Still raining?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You