I saw a 2017 PCX for sale in my town

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

I saw a 2017 PCX for sale in my town

Post by pattomike »

I always type in PCX on the Boise, Idaho Craigslist to see if I can get lucky and find a crashed PCX which I can buy for parts. Nothing ever comes up. But today I was stunned when a 2017 white PCX with 11 miles popped up. The seller described what a blast it is to drive. Apparently he discovered how fun it is between the odometer reading of 1 and 10. He is asking 2795 for it. I wrote him to ask why he's selling it, but, of course, he didn't respond. Here is the ad if you are interested.

https://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/d/hond ... 27845.html
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: I saw a 2017 PCX for sale in my town

Post by TheMaverick »

Best guess is that he's not able to keep up the payments.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

TheMaverick wrote:Best guess is that he's not able to keep up the payments.
that's quite likely, although my payments are only 84 dollars a month. I wish I knew why he never rode it. I am curious.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

pattomike wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:Best guess is that he's not able to keep up the payments.
that's quite likely, although my payments are only 84 dollars a month. I wish I knew why he never rode it. I am curious.
It's probably the $1243 payments on top of his $84 payments that are the problem. Is that a good price? If everything checks out could you sell it and make a few $$$?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

The specs on the right side of the Craigslisting has it as 118 miles and the summary description has 11.8

My guess is that it is 118. Still not a lot to make a judgement call, but we all know that it is a fun bike .... especially in white.

On another thread, someone suggested that PCX's quite possibly get sold with so little mileage because they are inexpensive enough to make them a tempting impulse purchase. Thus, there is possibly some buyer's remorse that goes into it. That and the fact that they got a blast from their spouse when they showed up with a motorbike on an impulse. :o :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

kramnala58 wrote: On another thread, someone suggested that PCX's quite possibly get sold with so little mileage because they are inexpensive enough to make them a tempting impulse purchase. Thus, there is possibly some buyer's remorse that goes into it. That and the fact that they got a blast from their spouse when they showed up with a motorbike on an impulse. :o :lol:
This vidcap is my favourite of all time:

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

It's possible they had a "near miss" in traffic and got cold feet to ride the thing anymore. Riding is not for the timid. . .. ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

TheMaverick wrote:
kramnala58 wrote: On another thread, someone suggested that PCX's quite possibly get sold with so little mileage because they are inexpensive enough to make them a tempting impulse purchase. Thus, there is possibly some buyer's remorse that goes into it. That and the fact that they got a blast from their spouse when they showed up with a motorbike on an impulse. :o :lol:
This vidcap is my favourite of all time:

:D :D :D
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

PCX150Rider wrote:It's possible they had a "near miss" in traffic and got cold feet to ride the thing anymore. Riding is not for the timid. . .. ;)
This is my bet. Or, it's crashed, and the low price reflects the crash damage.

OR it's stolen and he wants a quick sale. Maybe he's in jail already, hence the lack of response...
-Jeremy
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Smaug wrote:
OR it's stolen and he wants a quick sale. Maybe he's in jail already, hence the lack of response...
That was my first thought too, but he's saying the chq needs to be sent to Honda Finance, and he declared that there is a lien against the bike - can't figure it out.
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

If there's a lien against the bike, it means he didn't make the payments, and it's therefore not his to sell, but the bank's.
-Jeremy
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Smaug wrote:If there's a lien against the bike, it means he didn't make the payments, and it's therefore not his to sell, but the bank's.
I hear what you're saying, but could that just mean another party has a financial interest in it (regardless of if he's current or behind in his payments)? (We have to declare such interests when we organise insurance so in the event of a payout they don't send the payment to the wrong person).
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

TheMaverick wrote:
Smaug wrote:If there's a lien against the bike, it means he didn't make the payments, and it's therefore not his to sell, but the bank's.
I hear what you're saying, but could that just mean another party has a financial interest in it (regardless of if he's current or behind in his payments)? (We have to declare such interests when we organise insurance so in the event of a payout they don't send the payment to the wrong person).
I can't speak for New Zealand, but for America and Canada, if a vehicle has a lean on it, it typically means that a financial institution is owed money. A bike with a lien on it isn't necessarily something to shy away from, just make sure the money gets directed to the proper people.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(