Well... I dumped it.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Well... I dumped it.

Post by homie »

Yep I did see that, but on the outside chance his listing needs updating I sent him the request for Left/Right Lower Panel years 2015/16/17 White PCX150. Kinda like Corsport still shows the NCY KIT to fit only 2011-13 but we all know they fit current models as well :D they don't updated information on all they sell sometimes. It looked like a generic listing for all lower panels to me for some reason.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote:Are there replacement panels available?
Yes is the answer. I contacted him and he says they have all panels, all years, and asks simply... what is your year and color.

here is the seller again... good luck
http://www.ebay.com/usr/partxport_shop? ... 7675.l2559
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

PCX150Rider wrote:One other thing you could do. . .and probably won't. . .but could do. . .is buy two lower panels (one for port and one for starboard) of a distinctly different color to give your PCX a unique appearance compared to the run of the mill OEM ones. So you could have from 2016, according to Bike Bandit, Mat Techno Silver Metallic or Candy Nobel Red (also refered to as Steel Grey and Dark Candy Red). Or from 2015 Poseidon Black Metallic. We aren't sure if the 2015 Pearl Jasmine White is an exact match.

Here's kind of a quick color fill I did on the lower panels on a 2017 Pearl White PCX 150 with generic dark red so you'd get the idea. :o
PCX150_2017_01-a.jpg
But of course you could use Black or Grey as well. . .. Prices vary depending on the color but for two panels it would be less than $50. . .not sure how much on shipping. 8)

Wow that is an awesome look. Thank you for your answers, everyone. I am much more happy now that I know it's not the end of the world, and it can be fixed, either by replacing it, or having it done by a body shop. I will post images of the damage tomorrow. I don't have a smart phone, but do have an older digital camera that I use for such purposes.

Black or Grey would hide the dirt better perhaps. ;)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

pattomike wrote:
PCX150Rider wrote:One other thing you could do. . .and probably won't. . .but could do. . .is buy two lower panels (one for port and one for starboard) of a distinctly different color to give your PCX a unique appearance compared to the run of the mill OEM ones. So you could have from 2016, according to Bike Bandit, Mat Techno Silver Metallic or Candy Nobel Red (also refered to as Steel Grey and Dark Candy Red). Or from 2015 Poseidon Black Metallic. We aren't sure if the 2015 Pearl Jasmine White is an exact match.

Here's kind of a quick color fill I did on the lower panels on a 2017 Pearl White PCX 150 with generic dark red so you'd get the idea. :o
PCX150_2017_01-a.jpg
But of course you could use Black or Grey as well. . .. Prices vary depending on the color but for two panels it would be less than $50. . .not sure how much on shipping. 8)

Wow that is an awesome look. Thank you for your answers, everyone. I am much more happy now that I know it's not the end of the world, and it can be fixed, either by replacing it, or having it done by a body shop. I will post images of the damage tomorrow. I don't have a smart phone, but do have an older digital camera that I use for such purposes.

Black or Grey would hide the dirt better perhaps. ;)
Just curious : are you still diving into every corner seeking to find the limits of your tire adhesion?
If so, might start a tab with the panel sellers. :-)

Yep, gravel is a mess. Once pulled into a parking lot at night to escape a car following too close - only to discover that it was pea gravel. Very gingerly on the brakes!

Fish
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

Glad you're ok.

This is a good exercise for your OCD. Now that you have the first scratch, you can stop worrying about it. Get some touch up paint from Honda, and apply it per directions.
-Jeremy
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

When my wife was first learning to ride her new PCX she dumped it multiple times. My solution was to order the replacement panels and find some touchup paint that matched closely to what the weird color of the bike is. I touched up the scratches and kept collecting panels until she was finally at a point where she didn't dump the bike in a month of riding. Then I put the bike in my basement shop and swapped out the panels. It looks as good as new now...well, except for one new panel that had a paint defect in one spot (like a paint bubble that popped), but those sometimes can't be helped. I ordered another panel, stored the one with the paint defect, changed that panel out a few days later, and we were out riding in no time. Once you learn how to remove and replace the panels you have half of the maintenance job done.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

Thanks for all your help. Your answers came fast and furious. I had a hard time keeping up. So it wasn't til tonight that I went through each post, and copy and pasted the answers along with the URLs so when and if the time comes for me to replace the panels, etc, I will have all the information collected.