The Wave ...Obsolete ??

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: The Wave ...Obsolete ??

Post by PCX150Rider »

Potato potato potato. . .got to admit it is fun to listen too. . .. However. . ..

At the end of the day higher gas mileage, lower insurance, less huff and puff moving in and out of a garage, lower initial cost, lower maintenance cost (if you DIY), ease of use, utility value, reliability, and a more congenial presence to the general public are something to consider.

Primal roar or primal scream. . .take your pick. I'm thinkin the potato thing is kind of a roar and the flat out WOT of a 49cc two stroke scooter is a scream. For that matter so is a flat out Fireblade. I digress.

Need to put some muscle into the wave though at scream pace on a Fireblade :geek:

With all due respect. . .. :|

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Slowinitdown wrote:
Gil wrote:What's a settee?
Gil
A couch : D
UK: settee
US: couch or sofa
Canada: couch, sofa or chesterfield o_O :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Back woods: log
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pendulum
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by pendulum »

kramnala58 wrote:I am a 'return' waver in the US. If they wave at me, I wave back, be don't initiate it.
Same. Up here in rural WA I'll never get a wave from a Harley or a crotch rocket.

Adventure bike riders seem to have the highest wave-to-scooters quotient. And other scooters of course, but it's so rare I see another scoot I have to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a hallucination.
2015 PCX 150
Dr Pulley 13g
Yoshi SS exh
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Not too many scooters on the open roads , and in this neck of the woods mostly Harley riders who do not accept scooters as a motorcycle hence no wave. Sometimes they get fooled by oncoming headlight and when they see its a scooter the hand goes down. However you will get the wave from most other riders . Some of the most stuck up folks and they wear such asinine leather wear.. Embarrassing to me be seen in their garb.. so perhaps its a good idea of them not to wave..
WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Powered by angry squirrels
Year: 2017
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

Number Six:

grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Around here, crotch rockets mostly wave by pointing to the ground. Harley riders mostly wave with a fist in the air. Scooter riders..... really don't have a wave.

The problem is that there's so many people who ride bikes to/from my work that we've stopped waving for the most part. We'd have to take our hand off the handlebars every 5 or 10 seconds just to wave. I will usually wave if I'm, say, more than 30 min. away from my work.

And when I wave, I throw up the backhand peace sign. I save the backhand "one love" gang sign (like peace, but open thumb and close middle finger) for other scooters.

Scooter riders tend to look more anti-social around here, tho... as they're still on the pre-PCX style scooters that I wouldn't have riden myself, either. I walked into AutoZone after first buying my used PCX, and the employees immediately asked me, "Is that a motorcycle or a scooter?" Soon there will be no distinction between motorcycle and scooter whatsoever. There will be more plastic and less chrome. There will be more people on 2 wheels and less on 4. We will all ride like those in Thailand and the American bike wave will die a necessary death. Praise Yahweh!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I would suggest anything over 49 cc not be called a scooter anymore.Its a motorcycle by any standard .The major difference that it's an automatic shift and your jewels do not rest on the gas tank.I have had my Forza next to some so called motorcycles and my Forza was actually bigger in size.Somehow the term scooter didn't fit.A scooter is something kids roll downhill on..
WI_Hedgehog