Do you worry about kickstand on left-hand turns?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Do you worry about kickstand on left-hand turns?

Post by pattomike »

The reason I like scooters is they are fun to throw around corners. I recently saw a PCX video on Youtube where a rider (and fan) of the PCX was doing a turn-around on a divided four land highway and his kick stand hit the ground because I guess he took the turn too sharp. Now whenever I zip through a left-hand turn in a fun, fast manner, I am thinking about the dang kick stand grabbing the road and causing me to wreck.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Do you worry about kickstand on left-hand turns?

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote:The reason I like scooters is they are fun to throw around corners. I recently saw a PCX video on Youtube where a rider (and fan) of the PCX was doing a turn-around on a divided four land highway and his kick stand hit the ground because I guess he took the turn too sharp. Now whenever I zip through a left-hand turn in a fun, fast manner, I am thinking about the dang kick stand grabbing the road and causing me to wreck.
Can I see the video? I believe its the center stand that contacts first, at least that's where my scratches are. Was thinkin to remove it recently then I noticed I use it all the time :D Good news is its not going to grab the asphalt as much as its going to cause you to lose the rear end. I haven't bottomed out on the right side yet.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (74.92 KiB) Viewed 341 times
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCONB24JyUs

Here is the video review where he leans too far on a left handed turn and a part of his bike hit the ground. It occurs at 18:39. I'll take the damn thing off if I have to.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

ah... looks like he's riding a prior LED model so not sure if he touched in the exact same area of the C-stand arm. Maybe someone with a 13 can check that area for scratches. I guess you can get away with leaning a little lower on the right side of a PCX. The darn center stand is 7 pounds I think someone mentioned but you really do get good use out of it. Hate to not have it on the bike.