2019 PCX abs?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: 2019 PCX abs?

Post by gn2 »

ABS does something a human can't which is to guarantee the wheels will never lock under braking.
This translates into a dramatically reduced risk of collision and injury.
This increased safety factor is the reason ABS is mandatory in the EU.
As has been demonstrated by Yamaha it is possible for ABS to be included in a small capacity scooter for no appreciable cost to the consumer.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I can see where ABS would be a real plus on roads that get a lot of traffic and an oil slick can build up that becomes like an ice skating rink when it rains. That's why I always try to avoid riding in the center of the lane. . .try to keep it just left of center. :geek:

Had someone come more than 50% over the yellow line on me yesterday (presume they were texting) and if they kept coming I was going to ride off the road up onto some lawns to avoid them. Wouldn't have mattered if my brakes were ABS or regular. They did return to their proper lane position rather abruptly when they finally saw the err of their way. Even in broad daylight I think the LED headlight on the PCX is more visible and that may have gotten their attention. Just guessing. . .. :roll:

That being said I'll live with what I have for now. . .and my antique Suzuki and Kawasaki have served me well so far and in turn I keep them maintained to ride and grin another year. :D
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Greenmeenie wrote:
iceman wrote:
Greenmeenie wrote:Wow. I didn't know they had a Forza 125. I guess it makes sense since the PCX is a 125cc over there in Europe. Here in the States 150cc is the minimum for highway riding. How are the sales for the Forza compared to the PCX over there? I could see Honda releasing a PCX with abs over here in the states to compete with the NMax...but maybe not in Europe cause it would then canabalize Forza sales perhaps. Unless Honda discontinued the Forza 125.
No idea but lots of Forza 125 sales - even though the price shot up by about £500 recently - it's now around £4550!
Yikes. Here in the states the price diff btwn the PCX & Forza makes sense cause one is 150cc with a rear drum brake and the other is a 300cc with dual disc. How much more does the Forza 125 cost compared to the PCX 125 over there?
About £2800 otr - a big difference! The forza 125 is highly regarded, and besides early issues with the adjustable windshield, seems reliable. It's a bit of a beast compared to the PCX 125 - http://tinyurl.com/yb7rvuh4
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Forza 125 also had a recall for defective wiring loom requiring complete dismantling of the whole scooter, a massive job.
Amusingly the Forza 125 is made in Italy, a country infamous for ropey motorcycle electrics.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... =0.9878809
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
djbass
Regular User
Regular User
Year: PCX150, 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by djbass »

raito wrote: About 2019 model, I also feel it might be the biggest update since 2015 model. Maybe a proper stock windshield? New dashboard layout? Possibly will come with an airbag, or was that idea abandoned? Most definitely a new colour?
Maybe add an airbag as an option for those who want:
Attachments
подушка.jpg
подушка.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 584 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

djbass wrote:
raito wrote: About 2019 model, I also feel it might be the biggest update since 2015 model. Maybe a proper stock windshield? New dashboard layout? Possibly will come with an airbag, or was that idea abandoned? Most definitely a new colour?
Maybe add an airbag as an option for those who want:
:lol: Air bag is funny... good find.
YES we set our sights on 2019 now, start pestering Honda for ABS, better saddle and ?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I could deal with not having abs on the little PCX but I do think that Honda should at least upgrade the rear brake to disc. Stopping power of disc brakes has been proven to be superior to drum brakes, and many other scooter manufacturers have updated their lines of scooters to include disc brakes, so why can't Honda?
It may be cheaper to keep drum brakes, but try to imagine if car manufacturers decided not to improve the brakes on cars. Maybe they were required to upgrade, but if disc brakes had not been proven to be much more effective, you can bet they would have argued against wasting money on the upgrades.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

front and rear disk with ABS would be great. Yamaha did that already with their NMAX, and it is selling cheaper than the PCX here..

no reason Honda can't do the same....
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...