wish my pcx was 5 mph faster on hills

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: wish my pcx was 5 mph faster on hills

Post by Mel46 »

The 13 gram rollers should help in your takeoff.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

what is the weight of stock rollers i may drill mine out
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

eggman wrote:what is the weight of stock rollers i may drill mine out
eggman :lol: you're a nut. You can pinch a penny with the best of them. I give you credit for creativity and I wouldn't mind sharing my last ration with you at worlds end because WOW you could find a way to make it work... but seriously order some rollers off Amazon.
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

lol im cheap and 88 % crazy
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

eggman wrote:lol im cheap and 88 % crazy

Don't be so modest :D :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Is that plus or minus 10%?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Since the thread is spinning into the subject of being frugal, here's a tip for saving $$ on your water bill. When you turn on the hot water for a bath or shower put a gallon plastic jug under the tap and collect all that cold water coming up the pipe until it's starts turning warm. Then shut it off for a few seconds, cap the jug, put it away for next time (if it's not full yet). Go do your thing. . ..

When the jug finally gets full after a few days or whatever, empty into the toilet tank the next time you flush (the tank. . .not the bowl). Over a period of time those gallons of water that would have just gone down the shower drain start to add up and by using them to augment toilet flushes you can save! Oh yeah. . .talk about crazy. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :geek:

It's cheaper than spending the money for one of those "in-line" hot water heaters and the jug will last for 100 years. 8)
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Mel46 wrote:The 13 gram rollers should help in your takeoff.
thanks
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Since the thread is spinning into the subject of being frugal, here's a tip for saving $$ on your water bill. When you turn on the hot water for a bath or shower put a gallon plastic jug under the tap and collect all that cold water coming up the pipe until it's starts turning warm. Then shut it off for a few seconds, cap the jug, put it away for next time (if it's not full yet). Go do your thing. . ..

When the jug finally gets full after a few days or whatever, empty into the toilet tank the next time you flush (the tank. . .not the bowl). Over a period of time those gallons of water that would have just gone down the shower drain start to add up and by using them to augment toilet flushes you can save! Oh yeah. . .talk about crazy. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :geek:

It's cheaper than spending the money for one of those "in-line" hot water heaters and the jug will last for 100 years. 8)

Hold on..in the bath the initial cold water mixes with the hot when you bring it to the correct level and temperature.

And in the shower, catching the water, how does that happen?

I'm not even going to get into the importance of a jug outlasting me.

Have we entered the twilight zone?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Turn on the hot only first. Make sure it's set for the spout and not the shower head. Hold the jug under the spout. Bear with me because it's Tullamore time...1829 and all that good stuff . .once it starts getting warm shut it off and let the residual water fill the jug. Then cap the jug, and put it aside. Now you'll have hot water right away and can mix the cold as needed for shower or bath.

You may think this is crazy but I've been doing it for two years now and the hardest part is lifting the top of the toilet tank off to dump the water in while the level starts to refill after the flush.

Hope that helps. :geek:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Turn on the hot only first. Make sure it's set for the spout and not the shower head. Hold the jug under the spout. Bear with me because it's Tullamore time...1829 and all that good stuff . .once it starts getting warm shut it off and let the residual water fill the jug. Then cap the jug, and put it aside. Now you'll have hot water right away and can mix the cold as needed for shower or bath.

You may think this is crazy but I've been doing it for two years now and the hardest part is lifting the top of the toilet tank off to dump the water in while the level starts to refill after the flush.

Hope that helps. :geek:

It won't save any water if you put cold in at any point to bring the hot water to the desired temperature.
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

homie wrote:
eggman wrote:what is the weight of stock rollers i may drill mine out
eggman :lol: you're a nut. You can pinch a penny with the best of them. I give you credit for creativity and I wouldn't mind sharing my last ration with you at worlds end because WOW you could find a way to make it work... but seriously order some rollers off Amazon.
lol in my world crazy is good i once tryied to use a leaf blower as a supercharger