Closelined .... AKA Clothes-lined ;-)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RyanF
Year: 2016
Color: Silver

Closelined .... AKA Clothes-lined ;-)

Post by RyanF »

I had my first spill today. Driving a few blocks to the grocery store while I was on my lunch break. I was driving past an auto dealership that always puts balloons out and they used some large heavy duty balloons today and the wind pulled one of the balloons across the road. I'm driving along around 30mph or so and see the wire at the last second (the balloon was far past the road and I failed to notice it, my fault for not paying close enough attention). I had enough time to start braking before the line caught me across the chest and began pulling me back away from the brake levers. I ended up down on my right side (must have fell away from the scooter a bit since I didn't end up under it). I scraped my right knee, right wrist and my right ankle is a bit sore, but otherwise ok (didn't hit my noggin thankfully). Scooter has some minor scrapes on the right mirror and the right front fender area.

After I got up the employees came out and took down the balloons....... thanks.
I call my Honda PCX-150 my "Unruly Piglet" since I don't think I could get away with calling my scooter a wild hog...
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Closelined

Post by homie »

OMG that's so lame! but original o_O Get some rest, and legal assistance if you feel the need.

OEM (right) rear view mirror
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-Hon ... gJ&vxp=mtr

OEM front fender
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-PCX-125-F ... Sv&vxp=mtr

less than 100 bucks repairs ... medical?
Last edited by homie on Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by eggman »

closeline and turtles can go to hect
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

You should have went inside the dealership and complain that one of their balloons made an illegal right turn and hit me head on.. Their at fault so get it fixed on their dime.As ballooney as this sounds you should still get reimbursed for your damages.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

easyrider wrote:You should have went inside the dealership and complain that one of their balloons made an illegal right turn and hit me head on.. Their at fault so get it fixed on their dime.As ballooney as this sounds you should still get reimbursed for your damages.
I'm sure he will, any accident attorney worth his salt can pull 40k out of this for him in my town. Hell I got bumped in the knee by a bumper and that was worth 30k. Unfortunately I still have nerve damage in that knee so its never enough.
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

i got hit buy a car on my bicycle ruined my bike he just took off it was a super nice felt mountain bike then another car turned into me and he took off to lol both times i didnt get hurt at all thank god
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

eggman wrote:i got hit buy a car on my bicycle ruined my bike he just took off it was a super nice felt mountain bike then another car turned into me and he took off to lol both times i didnt get hurt at all thank god
Are you our youngest member eggman? It's true sometimes we get lucky out there and come away unscathed and other times not so much. Roll with the punches and don't be too shy to take the win when you dodged the reaper. It's the rules of the game and the law of the land. You watch how fast that dealerships insurance will settle that case. His wife will be ready to throw him under the bus and his lawyer will say they didn't ask for enough. You know by Illinois law the ambulance chaser gets 1/3 of the settlement. Medical is paid by the party at fault.
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

im oldddddddddddd just immature lol
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Today on our way home in my Volvo, traffic was flowing at 45 mph in an area that was on again/off again construction. Today they were cutting the grass on the sides of the sidewalk. I saw a worker with a weed Wacker step into the street. He looked at us as we were coming toward him and stepped out even further into the road. There was a car right on my tail, and one to my left. I beeped my horn at the guy and he stepped directly in my path...and just stood there, as though he was daring me to hit him. I laid on the horn, knowing that I could not stop in time, then the car beside me saw what was happening and braked so that I could swerve around the guy. When I saw him in my rear view mirror he had moved into the second lane. There are actually people here who make their living walking into traffic and then suing the driver that hits them. I have a feeling this was one of those. Some people are too stupid to realize that they can be killed by those cars they are stepping in front of!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:Some people are too stupid to realize that they can be killed by those cars they are stepping in front of!
eggman wrote:im oldddddddddddd just immature lol
:lol: eggman
Mel all I can say is... when will be mounting a paintball gun our scooters, hows that for immature eggman?
Oh how I've longed for this apparatus, I would let it rip a couple three times a day in Chicago traffic :lol:
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

RyanF wrote:I had my first spill today. Driving a few blocks to the grocery store while I was on my lunch break. I was driving past an auto dealership that always puts balloons out and they used some large heavy duty balloons today and the wind pulled one of the balloons across the road. I'm driving along around 30mph or so and see the wire at the last second
Lucky it didn't get you around the neck.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Thank the Almighty Force you are OK. o_O
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Imagine a paintball gun...or 4, attached so that you could aim it at idiots. I know of a few Lexus SUVs that would come home covered in paintball paint!! Yes! Excellent idea!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

this is why i cover my cheast and face in helmans mayonase
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

While the dip who is lawsuit fishing with Mel should be put out of his misery, I think RyanF really should pursue some legal action. The dealership was clearly negligent, and the incident could have gone far worse for Ryan, and may be deadly for the next scooterista if the dealership doesn't smarten up. And nothing makes a business smarten up like some bad publicity and a lawsuit.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Some quality posts here. Great minds are here to help.

Did you mean clothes-lined?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: youyou
No one can slap us up faster... we have failed once again to focus on the victim.

Get well soon RyanF
Attachments
hug.jpg
hug.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 842 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Closelined ... AKA Clothes-lined ;-)

Post by you you »

Yes, get well soon. At least you'll have an unique crash story :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Closelined .... AKA Clothes-lined ;-)

Post by WhiteNoise »

Now "That's" a Freaky accident! So sorry this happened Ryan but I'm happy You're ok :)

:x Those Damn advertising balloons! I've always wondered how they'd fare in a hard gust of wind, say a dust devil? Florida gets a lot of them (one developed right in front of me while riding. I stopped while it crossed the road. A Strange but very interesting sight). Anyway those balloons are meant to be distractions, they are meant to catch our eye(s).....
Not a Body!
Arses! Either they didn't inflate them enough or properly secure them. Both? :x

How are you feeling today? Are you seeing your doctor?
If you're up to it, see or call your Lawyer.

New bike. New car? Yeah baby, that dealership will be crappin' in their shorts!

Uh oh.....
03-giant-minion.w529.h352.jpg
03-giant-minion.w529.h352.jpg (39.96 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You