ill miss my pcx

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

ill miss my pcx

Post by eggman »

going to replace her with a 2017 honda rebel 300 which looks way easier to work on
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: ill miss my pcx

Post by gn2 »

Definitely easier access to service items, but get the 500, much better motor. ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

What's so hard to work on? The only thing different between a scooter and a bike is that the scooter is covered in plastic, which is good for a couple reasons that I can think off the top of my head -- protects the engine / drivetrain metal from "the elements", plus it protects my girlfriend's leg from the metal (muffler, etc.).

Other than tearing the plastic off and being able to put it back on... I'm not quite sure what other differences there could be. The CVT on this scooter seems ridiculously easy to work with. Being able to change out the variator, rollers, clutch housing, etc.... is way easier to me than pressing bearings onto a manual transmission.

To each their own, I guess...

Did you buy your 2013 PCX new? If not, why would you get a new Rebel? Personally.... I'd get a Grom. There's no other motorcycle that has ever called my name more than a Grom. :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Doing most servicing jobs on a PCX requires an inordinate amount of disassembly and needs doing much more frequently than midrange capacity bikes
8000 mile intervals with no bodywork to speak of means much easier servicing than 2500 mile intervals and acres of tupperware.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

gn2 wrote:Definitely easier access to service items, but get the 500, much better motor. ;)
We don't have the Rebel in a 500 here in the US. There used to be a 450, but I think that was only for a couple of model years.

Now the CB500, that we have. good bike too.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

there is a 2017 rebel with 500 cc uses the cbr motor
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

My local MA shop lists the 500 ABS at $6300. I'm not sure they actually have any, but they do seem to be for sale, and Revzilla recently reviewed them.
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2 ... cle-review
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Who doesn't like the Rebel? We grew up with it. The name Rocks......Say it! "REBEL!"

Sorry your movin' on eggman but Honda's glad your true blue to them. Be it a PCX or Rebel.
Let's take a look at those two Rockin' Rebel's (motors the only difference from what I've read, oh and price. You can SEE that ;)

The 300 (msrp $4,399 U.S.)
image.png
image.png (174.67 KiB) Viewed 526 times
and 500 (msrp $5,999 U.S.)
image.png
image.png (177.75 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Tell us, what color did you/will you choose?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You