Hi! New member here. New 2016 PCX150.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Hi! New member here. New 2016 PCX150.

Post by markcap »

Been starting from the beginning and reading through as many posts as possible. I was looking for info regarding best windscreens and seats. The two most valuable upgrades... I ordered a National Cycle V-stream last night....it arrived today!

I mounted it in about 15 mins and will test in the morning

I am an experienced motorcyclist and made the move last year to scooter. I love it. So much easier.

My first scoot is a Piaggio product. It's an Aprillia Sport City Cube 250. This scoot is a blast!

What should I do about the seat?

I ride almost everyday and 10 months a year. ImageImageImage
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
Lafree
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Re: Hi! New member here. New 2016 PCX150.

Post by Lafree »

Hi, I'm a little confused have you a PCX as you show 3 different scooter pictures ?.
markcap
Regular User
Regular User

Post by markcap »

Lafree wrote:Hi, I'm a little confused have you a PCX as you show 3 different scooter pictures ?.
I have a new PCX. This is my 2nd scooter. I also have the Aprilla SC 250. The other scoot is my riding buddy's Honda 150SI.
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forums markcap with 2 scooters :P I certainly recognize that Red one, I bet it will soon be your very favorite of the two. Tell us, what plate is that sitting on the rear and how did you mount it? Is it a Fast-rack from Aerostich?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
markcap
Regular User
Regular User

Post by markcap »

WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome to our forums markcap with 2 scooters :P I certainly recognize that Red one, I bet it will soon be your very favorite of the two. Tell us, what plate is that sitting on the rear and how did you mount it? Is it a Fast-rack from Aerostich?
Hey Whitenoise!
That rack I bought online many many years ago! I had it mounted under my 46L Shad top box on my Suzuki DL650 Vee Strom. The Shad mount screws right on to welded nuts. This rack is aluminum. I mounted it directly to the 4- M8 threads concealed under the insert using M8x40mm 1.25 allen heads bolts. I love the way Honda builds this frame to be top box friendly. I will be painting it matte black and will attempt to paint the Shad top insert burgundy. It's currently blue.

I have no idea what brand the rack is. It's slotted for bungy cords. It works great and has served me well and will continue to!

I am loving this new PCX. I mounted the National Cycle tall windscreen. Its good but not great. But I'm spoiled with the large screen on the Aprillia. I made the Sport City windscreen in my basement & garage! It's extra large, lol. The top image doesn't show the extra large screen.
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Been starting from the beginning and reading through as many posts as possible. I was looking for info regarding best windscreens and seats. The two most valuable upgrades... I ordered a National Cycle V-stream last night....it arrived today!
Was your National Cycle Wind Screen the Touring Replacement, Tall Touring Replacement, or Extra Tall Touring Replacement?

Please keep us posted on how you like it. Inquiring minds would like to know. ;)
markcap
Regular User
Regular User

Post by markcap »

Was your National Cycle Wind Screen the Touring Replacement, Tall Touring Replacement, or Extra Tall Touring Replacement?

Please keep us posted on how you like it. Inquiring minds would like to know. ;)[/quote]

I bought the tallest national cycle screen available. It's certainly better than stock but still lacks somewhat. I'm 5'11. I don't get wind in the face but the windscreen is sort of narrow in width. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars!
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Have you ridden your pcx for long enough to know if the seat is comfortable or Not? The older model pcx had some really uncomfortable seats. However, Honda listened to the complaints, so I thought that they had made the seat comfortable with the newer models. Maybe not??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

markcap wrote:
Lafree wrote:Hi, I'm a little confused have you a PCX as you show 3 different scooter pictures ?.
I have a new PCX. This is my 2nd scooter. I also have the Aprilla SC 250. The other scoot is my riding buddy's Honda 150SI.

I think there is a shitbox harley in the mix too. Embarrassing.
arl5370
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by arl5370 »

Hi there, it's a nice colour. I test rode a dark blue one but settled on white.

I don't mind the seat, I find my back starts to hurt on longer rides. My longest round trip to date is only around 90k.
2016 PCX150
2003 SV650
1995 RF900R
1979 XS400F

Other bikes I've owned:

1996 ZZR250
1995 GPZ1100
2000 ZRX1100
1984 GT750
1999 CB250 x 2
2006 GS500E
markcap
Regular User
Regular User

Post by markcap »

Mel46 wrote:Have you ridden your pcx for long enough to know if the seat is comfortable or Not? The older model pcx had some really uncomfortable seats. However, Honda listened to the complaints, so I thought that they had made the seat comfortable with the newer models. Maybe not??
Hey Mel. The seat is growing on me! If I was a tad shorter it'd be perfect. I like the firmness. and the hump acts as a stop to push against while my feet as forward as possible pointed upwards. It allows for me a couple of ways to get comfortable without sliding backwards.
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red