Looking at a 2015 never serviced.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jonestownpadude

Looking at a 2015 never serviced.

Post by jonestownpadude »

Currently looking at a 2015 PCX. One owner with 800 miles. The owner said she never did the first service or oil change. If I buy it I’ll do that right away. Any concerns here that she hasn’t had an oil change in 4 years? What’s the average price of the first service in the US? I’m going to see if she will drop the price by a few hundred to account for the service. Thanks!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Looking at a 2015 never serviced.

Post by gn2 »

Should be fine, you'll need to change all the fluids not just the oil.
So change:
oil
final drive oil
coolant
brake fluid (x2, front and CBS)

Drain and replace fuel

Check chrome fork stanchions for corrosion or pitting.

May or may not need a new battery.

Check tyre sidewalls for date of manufacture and tyre carcasses for deformities and cracks.
Any damage to tyres or if they're more than five years old bin them.

Check drive belt for cracks, any visible damage from perishing change it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jonestownpadude

Thanks! Good call on the fluids. I’ll give it a once over. I’m guessing approximately $400 for the first service US. She is asking $2,400. If I can get it for $2,000 I think that would be a good deal, if everything else checks out.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

First service is likely to cost a bit more. My local dealer has no competition; I spent nearly $600. The first service calls for a valve check, which means a pretty complete "undressing" of the plastics. if your dealer is not pretty familiar with the PCX, there will likely be a few tabs broken that you will not know about. You have more needs with the coolant and brake fluid - that will likely add another $100 (I got quoted $65 for the brake fluid change). Final drive oil change is trivial, and a great place to start your tinkering. LOTS of advice and instruction here about oil change.

The price is pretty fair IMHO, but the need for the service should cost her something. 2K would be good,- I'd consider 2200 OK.

Or just get the damn thing. The grin that will result from your first ride is probably worth $200. Good luck with the negotiations.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

jonestownpadude,

Please go into your profile and enter your general location. This helps us when helping you. Thanks in advance.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
jonestownpadude

Will do. Thanks for the advice! Yeah 400-600 for service seems right then. I’ll probably call a few dealers to see what their quotes are too and use that in the negotiations. I don’t want to low ball her but if we end up at or close too 2000 I’ll be happy.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

"Why Don't You Just Meet Her in the Middle?" :P
$2,200. That's what I'd do. Everyone should smile.

I've sold several of my own bikes. It's never a happy experience waving goodbye. But...When the new owner is thrilled about buying it, I'm thrilled! Then it takes me no time to meet them in the middle. I'm happy for them, for my bike,....for me.

Welcome aboard our forums, Good Luck with your purchase, and thank you for adding your location! :P
(thank you too Mel).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i have a 2016 with 1112 miles on the odometer id like to upgrade to a new pcx or maybee an old stock but still new forza i live about 150 miles from you might be to far of a drive to look at it
jonestownpadude

I messaged you. Thanks!
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

I think even 2500 for a 2015 with 800 miles is a decent deal. They mostly go for 2800 to 3000 around SoCal.
Having said that, I bought a 2018 with 120 miles for 2500, but I had to trailer it from Prescott, Az.
jonestownpadude

Picking it up today! I offered $2100. She said another was interested and that she would let me know. Apparently the other person didn’t materialize and she took my offer a day later! I’m excited! It’s in really good shape. 820 miles. Checked the oil and it was nice and clear. Good tires. I’ll put about 30 miles on it getting it home. Already made contact with a local motorcycle/ scooter garage for the first service. Not a dealer, so labor is cheaper. Give me a quote of $200 for first service check over, replace oil, brake fluid (if needed), spark plug, and drive oil. I’ll get more adventurous and do some maintenance on my own in the future. Was having second thoughts about getting a new one, but this will get me on the road much cheaper (almost half the price OTD) in one that’s barely broken in. Happy to be back in the saddle!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Such a deal!

You could even put a little LED "stick on" light powered by AAA battery in the stowage compartment under the seat. Helps when fumbling for stuff at night . . .. :geek:
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Congratulations!

Maybe take some of the money you didn't spend and get a nice 3 season m-cycle jacket? Oh - and some winterish gloves. You are going to want to ride until the white stuff flies.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)