days without incident....

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

days without incident....

Post by homie »

Attachments
F.jpg
F.jpg (105.67 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: days without incident....

Post by honkerman »

Oh sh@t

Sorry man. Gotta add yerself to the list.

We can see the scoot's banged up, but we're more concerned about her rider. Hopefully you are not injured, but if so, not badly.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Are you okay?
triaxor
Regular User
Regular User

Post by triaxor »

oh man :( hope you're ok o_O
Current Bike(s)~ (Casper) 2019 Honda Forza 125
Previous Bikes ~ (Rosie) 2018 Honda CB125R : (Stumpy) 2017 Honda MSX 125 (Grom) : (Ghost) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Lillith) 2016 Honda PCX 125 : (Gizmo) 2015 Sinnis Apache 125
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Whose PCX is it? You list yours as Pearl White. Have I missed something?

Whoever it is, I hope they are okay.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I add my condolences to the list. I hope the damage went no deeper than the bike. Bikes can be replaced.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, is it member Frantisek? Red scoot, oh boy. Hope all is okay :roll:
Oh gosh, it is! http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 5d1#p92958
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I just saw on the 'Gallery' thread that it is indeed member Frankisek. And thankfully, though his trust PCX is worse for wear, he appears to be okay.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oh sorry about that, my point after talking to Frantisek and reposting his accident picture here was to reset the clock. We had been on a good run since artiglieri went off again... a 5 time crash victim o_O I didn't have the heart to saddle him with that tag but now you know. Yep tomorrow is day one so lets be careful out there. It can be the same as ice if you get in a patch of fallen leaves.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

It's either the PCX is too fast or our brakes (CBS) are faulty.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Or poor riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I hope member artiglieri returns to our forums :roll: Here's his one and only post. I copied and pasted. Worth the read, imo.

Post subject: Re: Accidents PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi, I saw this site & thread by chance and thought I might have some advice valuable to others.

Firstly, the "two types of rider.." phrase may seem pithy and a bit unpleasant, but from my experience it is pretty accurate. Crashes are not indicative of rider skill, nor is the bike they ride, nor their licence status. You can do everything perfectly and still be involved in a crash. At the end of the day, if you're not prepared to risk a crash you shouldn't be riding. Never think "I'm too good/too careful/too well-equipped to crash". It happens. And if it hasn't happened yet, don't get complacent or arrogant - you've only been lucky!

Back to my point, I've been riding (commuting and social, in the UK) for several years now. I do about 30 miles a day, every day, all year. The vast brunt of it on a PCX125, but some of a range of bikes. I also work in physiotherapy, so I see a lot of motorcycle accident reports and injuries. You're right about that already - don't read accident reports, nothing good will come of it. You're not reading facts, you're reading someone's version of events. It's unreliable and you can't take anything away from it.

I've crashed 5 times in total (I think), all different scenarios, but I've learned something from each time and it hasn't deterred me from riding at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite - I'm determined to keep improving (my riding skill, my decision-making, and my contingency planning). I have sustained bad injuries - fractures, dislocations, muscle tears, concussion, and I have had titanium plates and screws put in my shoulder and clavicle.

This is my advice to you:

-With regard to adverse weather, always trust your instincts and never overrule it with advice from car-drivers, weather reports or pedestrians. If you have an inclination that the weather is unsuitable - don't ride. Only ever take advice from other motorcycle riders who have been through those exact conditions i.e. same day, same time, same roads. I would have avoided one crash if I had followed this rule.

-Never assume a car driver will do what they're telling you they'll do - they can be dipping their lights, waving you across a road, indicating .etc. it doesn't matter. Only go into the gap when you know 100% you can get out of it if they do the opposite of what they're telling you. In my case, I had a van driver in traffic wave me across the gap in front of him, only to accelerate straight into me and cause terminal damage to my scooter. These days, I only turn across the path of traffic if they are completely stationary and I'm satisfied they literally couldn't hit me even if they tried. Be paranoid! Very rarely car-drivers basically will show such a blatant disregard for your safety that they are essentially guilty of homicidal behaviour.

-Film everything! I've been hit and had car drivers & their insurers claim it never happened. If you're the only one with significant damage, and no reliable witnesses (mine gave all details and then wouldn't return any contact), expect to have a fight on your hands to prove it ever happened. I now ride with a shoulder-mounted GoPro at all times. It could have saved me thousands of pounds in insurance fees if I'd had it earlier.

-Watch motorcyle racing. It always astounds me how few riders actually watch racing. It's like a park footballer not watching the world cup. You will pick up so many tips and helpful bits to improve your skill and your outlook. I'm a Jorge Lorenzo fan and watching him has given me an ultra-smooth riding style all about momentum and balance, it's given me the two-finger breaking technique (four fingers seems ridiculous now), and when I broke my leg & shattered my clavicle & dislocated my shoulder, I was so much more knowledgeable about the injury, the surgery, how to best recuperate & minimise recovery time, I knew how it would affect me, and it gave me inspiration and morale. In short, watching motorsport has made me a far better and more confident rider.

-Buy a premium brand helmet. When you're riding frequently it becomes about the most important thing in the world to you, and I echo what the others have said. You might get some funny comments made, but the tarmac doesn't care what you used to be sitting on when you're about to hit it.

..and, by the way, with regard to the PCX: it's fantastic. You couldn't have a more forgiving, more capable (pound-for-pound) ride! I hope there's something helpful for you here :)

Report this post Post details
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

I was stating the fact that the stats on PCX owners crashing is increasing. (or not?)

I have been in a few crashes with smaller bikes (UB) and most of it was my fault (i.e not giving enough braking distance, speeding on wet roads, etc.) but if owners of the same scoot is crashing one by one, the guy which started another thread that says our braking power is not adequate might have some merit.

But yeah, it's probably a mixture of diff factor.

Safe ride amigos!!
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

alx123 wrote:the guy which started another thread that says our braking power is not adequate might have some merit.
Nope the brakes are fine, the problem is operator error 99 times out of 100
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

alx123 wrote: I have been in a few crashes with smaller bikes (UB) and most of it was my fault (i.e not giving enough braking distance, speeding on wet roads, etc.) but if owners of the same scoot is crashing one by one, the guy which started another thread that says our braking power is not adequate might have some merit. Safe ride amigos!!
If I could adjust your statement from "braking power" to the non-skid effectiveness of ABS I could agree somewhat. When I took my M-class the instructor stated he had never seen a motorbike stop as short on the course as I brought the PCX without sliding. We have plenty of braking power for sure and much more than others with what... 285 lbs to manage plus rider? ABS is coming for sure but the cost of the scoot is up 400.00 this year and with ABS I expect to see a similar jump in MSRP. But I will consider trading the precious when the time comes.

days without incident
Last edited by homie on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The sky is falling!!!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:The sky is falling!!!
but not the MSRP :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
but not the MSRP :D

Not if it's dollars or euros and your paying in £s :|
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

(LOL! :lol: Leave it to You!!You!!)

....It just might. If Cat 4 Hurricane "Matthew" rides up our U.S. eastern coastline instead of going out to sea! This ones a monster! Packing winds and a plethora of rain! Pray for those in its path, and those it already crossed over.
:| Sorry for going off topic, but here on the Eastern Coast of United States we are watching this rotating Nightmare very closely.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Sorry for going off topic, but here on the Eastern Coast of United States we are watching this rotating Nightmare very closely.
You can talk about whatever you like :D just hoping we can all stay upright for a while. Is it not rare someone rear ends a cager :lol: :lol: :lol: not comical I know, but seriously when did we ever have this happen before. Guy in the car must have been looking for a pigeon strike hehe ;)