Air Hawk seat pad

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Air Hawk seat pad

Post by easyrider »

Anyone use this pad for the seat. It is a bit pricey so wondering if anyone has ever used one on the PCX ? I have the longer flat seat without the hump and was wondering what size would be recommended for a 200 pound ass.. Appreciate thoughts and comments.. Thx
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Air Hawk seat pad

Post by you you »

easyrider wrote:Anyone use this pad for the seat. It is a bit pricey so wondering if anyone has ever used one on the PCX ? I have the longer flat seat without the hump and was wondering what size would be recommended for a 200 pound ass.. Appreciate thoughts and comments.. Thx

Just your ass weighs 200lbs?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
easyrider wrote:Anyone use this pad for the seat. It is a bit pricey so wondering if anyone has ever used one on the PCX ? I have the longer flat seat without the hump and was wondering what size would be recommended for a 200 pound ass.. Appreciate thoughts and comments.. Thx

Just your ass weighs 200lbs?
:lol: :lol: :lol: they don't make one big enough for youyou's butt!
here's the pitch....
Airhawk Seats
The Airhawk cushion was designed with supple interconnecting air cells to allow a patient to virtually float on air. The ROHO cushion became renowned in the medical profession, and the same patented technology was later used to create mattresses for long-term care patients and other products. The Airhawk cushion equalizes forces over the weight-bearing areas of the body, relieving dangerous pressure points. It also controls vibration and absorbs shock. Motorcycle riders who are at the mercy of engine and road vibrations experience significant fatigue, numbness and even health risks such as spinal column compression.

I might fall asleep or slip off this thing
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo ... ui1zx58c_b
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I have never used one, but I ran across a video made by a cross country trekker who said that using an airhawk on his Burgman 400 while riding over the straight and endless roads of Argentina gave him five more hours of riding before he had to stop for the day.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

If you've been shopping online for this you may have already seen this review on Amazon but it is worth passing on to those who may be interested in this product:

Highly recommend this seat pad. I was skeptical of how much it would help because it's inflatable and because it's an add-on to the stock seat. But I had just rented a stock Harley Electra Glide for a weekend in Wisconsin, after which I had a sore butt. So for my next trip I tried this seat pad. I rented the same Harley Electra Glide and attached this pad. What a difference! I put 2400 miles on that bike in 7 days, camped all around the Black Hills and rode interstates back to Chicago, and wasn't sore a bit! Frankly I was shocked. I owe much of my enjoyment of the trip to this pad - it would have been a way different experience without it.

It seemed to fit the Electra Glide well enough, even though that's a full-size touring bike. And it attached and detached from my rental bike easily enough. It stayed secure, so I really leaned into the corners, dragging my boots on at least 3 occasions. It didn't take long to get used to the feeling of sitting in air. Do pay attention to the instructions (and the other reviews) where it says to INFLATE PARTIALLY and do not inflate all the way! That's key to comfort. You sit "in it", not "on it". It just gets better the more air you let out of it.
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

I have used the Airhawk Cruiser R for the past 2-3 years. Put about 30,000 km on it. Have done 500km day rides on my pcx. All I can say is that it is the best bit of gear I could buy for comfort. 50km or 500km, my butt is pain free.
Attachments
DSC_0365_resized.JPG
DSC_0365_resized.JPG (504.52 KiB) Viewed 4169 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Mike, I love the way you have your bike set up. I will have to pick your brain some time about what you have on it and how well these items are holding up. I am afraid that I am starting to get to that age where I have to have comfort while I ride. I bought a gel seat pad from Walmart that I covered with fake leather from a fake animal....special type, usually seen hanging around department and furniture stores. In any case, the ride is OK as compares to without it, but still not the best. I also have a custom seat from Thailand, which helped in the beginning. Once you have had as many back surgeries as I have had you find it hard to be comfortable. I use a Back Joy in my car, and I have thought about modifying one for the scooter. However, hitting bumps in a car is different than hitting bumps on a scooter. Even adjustable shocks don't do everything that a car's shocks do. Maybe the Air hawk pad might.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

What about cycling shorts with the gel bottom pads?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

A friend of mine has some and he said that after a few hours the spandex around his legs starts to feel uncomfortable. As he said, "These shorts were not meant for sitting in the position we sit in when riding on a motorcycle".
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Tonyx
Color: red

Post by Tonyx »

Mike, what size Airhawk fits PCX? L or S?
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

Mel46 wrote:Mike, I love the way you have your bike set up. I will have to pick your brain some time about what you have on it and how well these items are holding up. I am afraid that I am starting to get to that age where I have to have comfort while I ride. I bought a gel seat pad from Walmart that I covered with fake leather from a fake animal....special type, usually seen hanging around department and furniture stores. In any case, the ride is OK as compares to without it, but still not the best. I also have a custom seat from Thailand, which helped in the beginning. Once you have had as many back surgeries as I have had you find it hard to be comfortable. I use a Back Joy in my car, and I have thought about modifying one for the scooter. However, hitting bumps in a car is different than hitting bumps on a scooter. Even adjustable shocks don't do everything that a car's shocks do. Maybe the Air hawk pad might.
I relate to this. I haven't had any surgeries, but when I ride for any length of time I feel it in my neck and upper back. I know that part of the problem is due to an aging spine coming into connection with road shocks of a (seemingly) infinite range of severity. I am going to try this air hawk--I intend to bypass the gel seat altogether--I'm sure it would be fine--at first. But very soon the novelty would wear off and you would be hurting again. Maybe it will be the same with this...but I feel it has more potential than the alternatives.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Tonyx wrote:Mike, what size Airhawk fits PCX? L or S?
I was looking at a 14 inch, but wondering if it that would be too big and overlap ? and would overlap be bad ??
glorp
Year: 2015
Color: Gray

Post by glorp »

I use the Airhawk cruiser R on my PCX. and the rectangular shaped one on my WR250r. There is no comparison to how much more comfortable the ride becomes, especially on the PCX because it takes the jolts out of bumps.
Would not part with mine :)
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by buddy1976 »

you you wrote:What about cycling shorts with the gel bottom pads?

:lol: or better still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eov64C8KzrY
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

easyrider wrote:
Tonyx wrote:Mike, what size Airhawk fits PCX? L or S?
I was looking at a 14 inch, but wondering if it that would be too big and overlap ? and would overlap be bad ??
I use the Airhawk Cruiser R. Fits just right, even cushions the tailbone against the hump on the 2013 model.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/airhawk-r-seat-pad.html
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Holy crap those are expensive! Do they leave impressions in the seat from the air cells?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

buddy1976 wrote:
you you wrote:What about cycling shorts with the gel bottom pads?
:lol: or better still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eov64C8KzrY
Hey... I bought those!
glorp

Post by glorp »

no impressions left, the bottom material is quite sturdy and waterproof. the top material is some type of cloth, and it dries quickly if left out in the rain. in fact it is quite a pleasant cooling effect if you ride when it was wet :ugeek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I just had to get me a closer look at the Airhawk R seat cushion. Now sharing. 3D lens Not required :D

Yep, it is bit costly! Clever item, clever design, clever valve, clever venting...just Clever!
If a simple air pad can relieve some of the jolting that runs up/across the base of my spine, it'll be a God send to me. The airhawk line has been around for awhile and they have Many Happy riding customers. I say it's worth some Saddle time. After all it's the only way to find out if itsa pain up the arse or arse saver :D

Now a Question coming from me is: will the Airhawk R work with my new custom seat?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (236.25 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Time to do some measuring. Me no wants any "over-lapping/hanging" that would ruin the look-n-lines of "My Precious" :ugeek:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (354.6 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
glorp

Post by glorp »

do you have a motorcycle store that carries them? just go visit and ask if you can try it out on your seat .....either have the salesman go with you or hand them your keys if they are worried about you taking off