Beat 2 crotch rockets tonight up to ...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Beat 2 crotch rockets tonight up to ...

Post by GatorGreg »

... 55 mph :D So I went on a late night run to the grocery store and I'm waiting at a light to make a left when two crotch rockets (complete with neon accent lighting) pull up on my left side in the other left turn lane. I knew the light was getting ready to turn green (I saw the light for cross traffic turn yellow) so I decided that when the light turned green I would have some fun and go WOT and give it the beans (I think that's what the Brits say? :D ). I timed the green light perfect and left the 2 bikes in my dust as I rounded the turn and went into a full tuck and milked every ounce of acceleration I could get :D I could then hear the unmistakable shriek of two inline 4 engines rapidly approaching over my left shoulder but I was already going 55mph (in a 45 zone) before they both screamed by at approx 100 mph so I' m counting it as a "win" :D

As for the shopping I was able to fit 2 gallons of milk (I find they fit best on their side perpendicular to the seat), 2 12" sub sandwiches, 7 bananas, a 4 pack of cottage cheese, and 5 lotto tix under the seat. I was expecting to have to carry a bag in one hand but was pleased to see it all fit under the seat. The lotto drawing is in 10 minutes so my next post will be from Tahiti if I win :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Beat 2 crotch rockets tonight up to ...

Post by gn2 »

You were still winning after they passed because there's no way they were getting anything like the fuel economy of a PCX :geek:
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I left 3 motorcycles behind in the twisties this afternoon, and got held up by one going home the other way...
When it came to the straights and long sweepers later on, it was a different story...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Best one for me was beating a sportster rider through the traffic with my wife clutching on to a baguette. He seemed really annoyed.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have a tailbox on my bike and that makes it ideal for carrying more groceries.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Powered by angry squirrels
Year: 2017
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

@GatorGreg: This made me laugh so hard....had to bring the thread back...

I think the sportbike guys let you have a generous head-start, probably had a long conversation about how fast to pass you at, went for a coffee, then came back and blew you away. Although you probably could beat several Harleys....LOL

Did you see the 165cc & 175cc cylinder kits? For $1,000 in total upgrades the PCX150 could probably compete with the $6k 300cc Forza, which to me is reasonable.
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

On the three twisted sisters ride this summer, I had a similar experience with the big bikes.
On the straights, they would leave me behind, but on the twisties, I would catch up and pass.
The PCX is so nimble and easy to push around the corners.
It makes for a fun run!!

Dave
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

When I went for my licence test the instructor warned the guys on motorbikes not to try to match the Honda 110cc Deo's acceleration up to 40 kph. On a short course the scoot will win every time.

It's not hard to be first off from the traffic lights. I consider the race is over once I'm across the intersection, and to celebrate my many wins I usually stand up and wave my arms like a GP rider and bow to any pedestrians . I keep a bottle of fizzy wine under the seat to swig when I do my victory lap round the block. :D :D

Senility can be a wonderful gift. :? :?
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Is this serous or spoof? My totally stock 1970 Triumph 650 can't hold a candle to a modern sport bike but will hit 55 so much faster than my PCX - seriously, its a silly comparison. Hey I'm not trying to be confrontational, and I love the PCX but 13hp has its limits regardless of the type of transmission. Hell, I've been on a RD350 Yamaha that was d*mn scary to wind out in 2nd gear.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

WI_Hedgehog wrote:Did you see the 165cc & 175cc cylinder kits? For $1,000 in total upgrades the PCX150 could probably compete with the $6k 300cc Forza, which to me is reasonable.
Compete...?
Err no.
The Forza is bigger and comfier with more storage, handles better at higher speeds and is available with C-ABS.
That's before you even consider performance.
175 will always be less than 279
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

JohnL wrote:It's not hard to be first off from the traffic lights. I consider the race is over once I'm across the intersection, and to celebrate my many wins I usually stand up and wave my arms like a GP rider and bow to any pedestrians . I keep a bottle of fizzy wine under the seat to swig when I do my victory lap round the block. :D :D
:lol: :lol: Cheers to that!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:
JohnL wrote:It's not hard to be first off from the traffic lights. I consider the race is over once I'm across the intersection, and to celebrate my many wins I usually stand up and wave my arms like a GP rider and bow to any pedestrians . I keep a bottle of fizzy wine under the seat to swig when I do my victory lap round the block. :D :D
:lol: :lol: Cheers to that!

Hic. :oops:
WI_Hedgehog