Pcx150 smart key new owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Pcx150 smart key new owner

Post by Jge64 »

Have her check veh settings, its a toggle feature in most cars.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Depends how big the keyless fob thing is - some modern car keys are so huge I would hate carrying them around and much prefer my smaller 'older' car key. What happens when the battery runs low and if you have no spare battery on you?
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Glen
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:) Thanks Glen, I'll pass that on in written form to her. She'll never remember if I just "say it."
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Wow! Sorry to tune in late on this thread, but that is one option I would have loved to have on mine...

Though there is a good point about turning off...I have a Volvo with their version of the smart key, yet it makes no noise when I walk away - and that car really, really quiet.

I can think of only one thing worse than coming out to the car after getting some lunch and seeing the engine running, unlocked the whole time...coming out to find NO CAR.

One Question, do you still have to move the switch to access the underseat storage? I would love if you could pop your top at any time...but that might just be me...

Mike
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote:Stuff like this the engineers of figured out all the scenarios that you would have, to make it work. Mark my words, when this finally gets here, it will work fine and be appreciated by 99% of the people that have it.

Yea but they haven't figured out how to not run it through the laundry in a pant pocket or dive in the pool on a hot summers day. Volvo key replacements for SC-60's and 90's are 350.00
Love the car and it's true we all have these keys but seriously their is somebody doing a happy dance that we put with them.

HEY how about a picture of the new key? I can't find one
Attachments
money.jpg
money.jpg (10.67 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

there is a pic in the you tube I put up....

Chevrolet keys can be washed...Ive done it, they are a sealed membrane for buttons and a gasket to waterproof it

so who else has scenarios why this won't work?

LOL
Glen
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Good 'ol Keys, they have a way of walking away, :lol: okay... getting misplaced, lost, stolen, even broken. Then we hunt. It's such a Waste of time. Frustration, anger and delays occur. Not to mention the blame thing: "Who misplaced the keys?" :x

Would I want keyless? I'm still uncertain. Not sold on it yet.
I have friends/family with keyless ignition. We're a busy minded society, so they wonder IF they actually shut their car down before exiting. They're not sure they pressed the button and...they can't hear the difference.
My sister and I recently got out of her new Lexus only to find she never turned it off. She thought she did. I said No. She got back in and fixed that.
It's weird, she's also walked away from it running. She's Not happy with this new futuristic feature....WooHoo, the "Start/Stop Engine Button!" Woweee

So....Where's the bells and whistle's warning that the vehicle is still in play? Think seatbelt. Hear anything? Ding ding ding. Until you yourself disengage that warning bell, it keeps doing its thing till you strap yourself in. True in American vehicles. Yours too?

Keyless? Dunno
My house is keyless. Takes weeks of thinking have I got my keys in my pocket before it sinks in....
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Wingscribe wrote:Wow! Sorry to tune in late on this thread, but that is one option I would have loved to have on mine...

Though there is a good point about turning off...I have a Volvo with their version of the smart key, yet it makes no noise when I walk away - and that car really, really quiet.

I can think of only one thing worse than coming out to the car after getting some lunch and seeing the engine running, unlocked the whole time...coming out to find NO CAR.

One Question, do you still have to move the switch to access the underseat storage? I would love if you could pop your top at any time...but that might just be me...

Mike
Doesn't it switch off after about 3ft. Mine does.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

you you wrote:
Wingscribe wrote:Wow! Sorry to tune in late on this thread, but that is one option I would have loved to have on mine...

Mike
Doesn't it switch off after about 3ft. Mine does.
Not on my end, no sir...I have taken to checking the tach before getting out of the thing...

At zero, I'm a hero...at Seven Hundred, (insert something clever that ends in -dred).

Mike
Soisiphok
Color: Red

Post by Soisiphok »

Just bought the new PCX 150 keyless. As the instruction manual is in Thai it's pretty much useless. I downloaded one from the net in English but its not the keyless model. On the remote there are 3 buttons. Top one is a picture of a motorbike, middle one looks like a horn & bottom one a picture of a key. Can someone please explain the exact function of these buttons on the remote?
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

Soisiphok wrote:Can someone please explain the exact function of these buttons on the remote?
This picture should help. Mine only got a "Response" button, and 2 "Anti-Theft Alarm" buttons (arm/disarm).
New-PCX150-Smart-Key.png
New-PCX150-Smart-Key.png (98.96 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
ImageImageImage
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I got nothing :cry:
Attachments
button.png
button.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
button.png
button.png
namthip
Color: red

Post by namthip »

1000 km service yesterday. Really just a look and change oil ,total price four Usd . Book stamped cant complain at that..
sunshine
Year: 2016 PCX
Color: black

Post by sunshine »

My first post. The remote that came with my bike
sunshine
Year: 2016 PCX
Color: black

Post by sunshine »

sunshine wrote:My first post. The remote that came with my bike
Attachments
13494906_10153558941726781_8193057668421170503_n.jpg
13494906_10153558941726781_8193057668421170503_n.jpg (7.71 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hello there sunshine! (Great name, it makes me feel Good!)
:P Welcome aboard!
Thanks for the picture of your remote, I've never seen one for a PCX. I'm turning the key on my 2015 and still liking it. Enjoy the new start feature technology....and our forums!

Oops...just noticed that you forgot to add your location to your profile. Would you do us All a favor and add it? Should you ever have a question, we want to be able to help you. Your Location matters. Easy directions are below this post.
Thank ya "sunshine" :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

Looks great! Welcome and enjoy!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Zai_dhan
Color: Matte Black

Post by Zai_dhan »

Anyone know how to the PCX into silent mode? I try turning it on and it makes a few beeps.
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

Soisiphok wrote:Just bought the new PCX 150 keyless. As the instruction manual is in Thai it's pretty much useless. I downloaded one from the net in English but its not the keyless model. On the remote there are 3 buttons. Top one is a picture of a motorbike, middle one looks like a horn & bottom one a picture of a key. Can someone please explain the exact function of these buttons on the remote?
press them and see what happens?
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring