Big guys on PCX125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ThePerkster85

Big guys on PCX125

Post by ThePerkster85 »

Hi,

I am looking to pull the trigger and order a PCX today, i love the white.

I am a big guy, i have had 125 before that have been fine - what is the PCX like in terms of weight? i have seen the maximum weight and i am way under, but will it significantly reduce speed?

Thanks

Col
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Big guys on PCX125

Post by kramnala58 »

Your body weight won't reduce the speed much, but body mass likely will. The larger your body, the greater the wind resistance. A taller windscreen can help with that.
I am 6'1" (185 cm) and 210 lbs (95 kg)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
zanggerk
Year: 2012
Color: black

Post by zanggerk »

Hi Col,

how big are you?
I am 6'2", 185 lbs (1.88m, 85kg) and I love riding the PCX. I have a larger than stock windshield. The maximum speed that I can get is quite typical for a PCX (110 kmh, 68 mph on the display) and I am also quite happy with the acceleration- above ~80kmh it gets slower, but that is also quite typical I guess.
There is also plenty of leg room even for someone my size.

Go for it!
Klaus
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

zanggerk wrote:Hi Col,

how big are you?
I am 6'2", 185 lbs (1.88m, 85kg) and I love riding the PCX. I have a larger than stock windshield. The maximum speed that I can get is quite typical for a PCX (110 kmh, 68 mph on the display) and I am also quite happy with the acceleration- above ~80kmh it gets slower, but that is also quite typical I guess.
There is also plenty of leg room even for someone my size.

Go for it!
Klaus
Puny earthlings
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:Your body weight won't reduce the speed much, but body mass likely will. The larger your body, the greater the wind resistance. A taller windscreen can help with that.
Um... I don't know about this, having some trouble imagining this guy keeping up with me
Attachments
lardass.jpg
lardass.jpg (23.5 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Looks like he won't have to worry about being pulled over for speeding. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:Your body weight won't reduce the speed much, but body mass likely will. The larger your body, the greater the wind resistance. A taller windscreen can help with that.
Um... I don't know about this, having some trouble imagining this guy keeping up with me

He might downhill...
marcdman4000
Year: 2016 PCX150
Color: Flat Metallic S

Post by marcdman4000 »

Im 6'2" 270lbs. I hit the limiter at 65mph on my 2016 PCX150. took it on a long stretch on imperial highway yesterday. It just takes longer than I would like to get to 65mph.
JustPassinThru
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by JustPassinThru »

It's an old thread, but I came across it.

I'd gotten a great deal on a 2011 125...a thousand bucks and 1500 miles. Older guy who was giving up riding entirely.

I'm six-two and 250. I fit okay with a pad on the seat and the butt-stop removed; but there's the occasional bump that makes me wonder what's going on on the chassis.

It was only when I was cleaning out the storage box that I saw the sticker giving the maximum load: 225 pounds. Well, it's too late; but I can get it up to about 53 mph, measured by GPS; and fuel mileage is every bit what I expected. Over 100. So...I'm not giving it up.

I like the light weight; I like that the wheels are an inch bigger than the Burgman 400; I like its balance. It's a great city bike, if I don't break it with my bulk,
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

JustPassinThru wrote:It's an old thread, but I came across it.

I'd gotten a great deal on a 2011 125...a thousand bucks and 1500 miles. Older guy who was giving up riding entirely.

I'm six-two and 250. I fit okay with a pad on the seat and the butt-stop removed; but there's the occasional bump that makes me wonder what's going on on the chassis.

It was only when I was cleaning out the storage box that I saw the sticker giving the maximum load: 225 pounds. Well, it's too late; but I can get it up to about 53 mph, measured by GPS; and fuel mileage is every bit what I expected. Over 100. So...I'm not giving it up.

I like the light weight; I like that the wheels are an inch bigger than the Burgman 400; I like its balance. It's a great city bike, if I don't break it with my bulk,
You will probably be OK. But, just to be sure, you can get heavy duty shocks, like these:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/32 ... mer-shocks
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Don't worry about it, it'll be fine
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

You might need a belt at 10,000 miles instead of 15,000. A small price to pay. Ride on and enjoy.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:You might need a belt at 10,000 miles instead of 15,000. A small price to pay. Ride on and enjoy.

I don't think he needs a belt :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ :lol: such a quick thinker! You got wit 2yous!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JustPassinThru
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JustPassinThru »

flyingzonker wrote:

You will probably be OK. But, just to be sure, you can get heavy duty shocks, like these:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/32 ... mer-shocks
Again, a long-dead thread.

I have the PCX, still. Considered replacing it, but only because my garage is getting too full.

But...the above link, I tried it, last spring...item is discontinued.

It matters, because I'm considering an off-season Blue Highways tour. I'm about 250 miles from the Pacific Coast, and considering a holiday trip to SoCal or Mexico. The PCX isn't ideal, except that it's comfy in traffic, and reliable as a brick. And, given the cheap price I laid out for it, expendable.

But I need beefier rear struts. I'll be carrying the usual gear...clothes; coats, bedroll; tent. I have a way to rig a milk crate to the rear; but even unloaded, I bottom out on it.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Tough call. You can find replacement shocks from Asia, but they would clearly be a bit of a crapshoot, especially if designed for the local population. I'm sure there are heavy Thai folks, but I expect that the manufacturers will be targeting the bulk of the population. Still - You could try. Here is a link to get you started: http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/52-comfort-pcx-v3

Another possibility would be to contact Ohlins and discuss your application. Probably more money, but if they could make you what you wanted it would be worth it. Here is a starting point:
https://www.ohlinsusa.com/suspension-pr ... %2BScooter

Good hunting, and glad to hear that you are still PCX'ing about.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
JustPassinThru
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JustPassinThru »

Does the PCX 150 strut fit?

Either the stock, or an upgrade designed for the 150.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Damn!

Did anyone else look at the title of this thread and think that it might contain some NSFW imagery?

OK ... just my dirty mind then! :lol:
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

im right at 800 pounds and im full of nachos and oreos i can almost get up to 27 mph
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lillypinkjenny wrote:Damn!

Did anyone else look at the title of this thread and think that it might contain some NSFW imagery?

OK ... just my dirty mind then! :lol:

Me too. I get people meeting me for the first time and they say."you're big".

And I say "how do you know, I havent had my pants down yet" :D