Well my lovely PCX is no more. Rear ended at a stop light.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Well my lovely PCX is no more. Rear ended at a stop ligh

Post by GlassMan »

Have not posted in a while but had to chime in on this one. Hope your feeling better and respects for getting back out there! I too was rear ended at of all places a railroad crossing, lights, bells, gates came down, I slowed to a stop and WHAM! the moron behind me was texting ( witnesses ! ) luckily I was not close enough to go through the gate. Bike took the worst of it , I landed flat on my back on his hood ( helmet and back pad in jacket saved me from injury ! ) so he gets out and starts yelling at ME about stopping so suddenly? Not a proud moment but I put him on his ass ! Guess Homie has to add me to the list too! Distracted driving is an epidemic, killing more people every year. Put the damn phones down and Drive! Nothing is that important!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GlassMan wrote:Have not posted in a while but had to chime in on this one. Hope your feeling better and respects for getting back out there! I too was rear ended at of all places a railroad crossing, lights, bells, gates came down, I slowed to a stop and WHAM! the moron behind me was texting ( witnesses ! ) luckily I was not close enough to go through the gate. Bike took the worst of it , I landed flat on my back on his hood ( helmet and back pad in jacket saved me from injury ! ) so he gets out and starts yelling at ME about stopping so suddenly? Not a proud moment but I put him on his ass ! Guess Homie has to add me to the list too! Distracted driving is an epidemic, killing more people every year. Put the damn phones down and Drive! Nothing is that important!

He was texting whilst riding a donkey? I think the warning signs were there and you should avoided like the plague.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
GlassMan wrote:Have not posted in a while but had to chime in on this one. Hope your feeling better and respects for getting back out there! I too was rear ended at of all places a railroad crossing, lights, bells, gates came down, I slowed to a stop and WHAM! the moron behind me was texting ( witnesses ! ) luckily I was not close enough to go through the gate. Bike took the worst of it , I landed flat on my back on his hood ( helmet and back pad in jacket saved me from injury ! ) so he gets out and starts yelling at ME about stopping so suddenly? Not a proud moment but I put him on his ass ! Guess Homie has to add me to the list too! Distracted driving is an epidemic, killing more people every year. Put the damn phones down and Drive! Nothing is that important!

He was texting whilst riding a donkey? I think the warning signs were there and you should avoided like the plague.
youyou... nobody gets that but Jesus and I :lol:
Glassman we accept your confession and add you to the survivors list because DAHAM o_O you could have been run over by a freight train. Now consider yourself done crashing and ride with confidence.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015

Post by Valiant »

I salute you sir.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

The penalties are quite high for texting whilst driving in the uk. Here is an extract from a uk law website.

In 2007, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that where a driver is charged with texting whilst driving, it will generally seek to prosecute the driver for dangerous driving, which is a much more serious offence.

If convicted on a charge of dangerous driving, a driver can be imprisoned for up to 2 years, fined an unlimited amount, and banned from driving for at least a year. If the driver causes death by dangerous driving, he can be imprisoned for up to 14 years and will be banned from driving for at least 2 years.

Although most motoring offences are tried in Magistrates’ Court – which has jurisdiction to impose a maximum prison sentence of 6 months – cases can be transferred to Crown Court for sentencing if the Court believes that a longer term of imprisonment is warranted.

Stay off the phones when driving is the best only choice really.
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GlassMan »

you you, you are a treasure :lol:
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

Alibally wrote:The penalties are quite high for texting whilst driving in the uk. Here is an extract from a uk law website.

In 2007, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that where a driver is charged with texting whilst driving, it will generally seek to prosecute the driver for dangerous driving, which is a much more serious offence.

If convicted on a charge of dangerous driving, a driver can be imprisoned for up to 2 years, fined an unlimited amount, and banned from driving for at least a year. If the driver causes death by dangerous driving, he can be imprisoned for up to 14 years and will be banned from driving for at least 2 years.

Although most motoring offences are tried in Magistrates’ Court – which has jurisdiction to impose a maximum prison sentence of 6 months – cases can be transferred to Crown Court for sentencing if the Court believes that a longer term of imprisonment is warranted.

Stay off the phones when driving is the best only choice really.
Australia could use some of that:
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

$4500 dollars and a small ban! The law is crazy all over the world. 2nd offence she should have been banned for life and fined heavily, 3rd should have been a long stay in prison. Then she would not have been on the road to break this persons back.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

HORRIFIC!
:x My thoughts of a "severe" penalty will be left unspoken :x Use your imaginations :x
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Prehistoric_Dog
Color: red

Post by Prehistoric_Dog »

After seeing what a common thing this seems to be I'm selling the scoot and buying a bloody tank :-D Thanks for all your well wishes and I'm loving the new Forza.
WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Powered by angry squirrels
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

This is an old thread, but we see these type pop up regularly and with a bunch of new members it's good to have a reminder...I've been riding for years and it's good to have a reminder to leave an escape path and check the mirrors!

Found this tail light flasher on Amazon some time back and have not yet installed:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0036R ... X5CE&psc=1
Works best with LED bulbs, not so good with incandescent. I just found the wiring diagram for the tail light I the chopper, will read the service manual for the PCX and stick one in there also.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

I'm wondering if the color of our riding jackets have been found to statistically reduce the number of collisions.

I have a red Joe Rocket jacket and would never have thought of getting a yellow one, but as I get older I care less about appearance and more about safety. Has color been proven to make a difference?
WI_Hedgehog