Need Instructions to remove headlight assembly

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wallacem
Year: 2011
Color: white

Need Instructions to remove headlight assembly

Post by wallacem »

If anyone has a repair manual, I would love to have the instructions to remove the headlight assembly. I want to install turn signal lights in their original places. my email address is wallacem_2001@yahoo.com thanks in advance, wallace
Urban PCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Re: Need Instructions to remove headlight assembly

Post by Urban PCX »

Before you start, realize that the back of the headlight has to be drilled out. It is not a question of just popping in holders and bulbs. At least in the US models.
When i drilled out the lower holes a lot of the plastic shaving made there way into the inside of the headlight assembly and where a pain to vacuum out.
wallacem
Color: white

Post by wallacem »

Yes, I have already thought of that, and think I will have to completely remove the unit, and drill the holes, drilling upward, to keep the shavings from falling into the unit. I also want to install lights in the small area below the headlights, making a total of 4 lights to install. so you have already done this? Did you just do two, or did you put in all four? Any advise?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I know Corsport / Tai Khan / etc on ClubPCX did this with their PCX, you might be able to ask them for guidance.

I'm fairly sure you have to remove the inner cover to get to it, which involves disassembly of most of the scooter. You could at least scope it out by removing the top meter cover -- Eddie shows how to do that here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=243

I wish I had a better answer, but scanning and posting enough pages from the manual to show how to get all the way to removal (at least the way they show it in the manual) would probably be considered beyond "fair use."
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Urban PCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by Urban PCX »

I just did the bottom 2 and not the turn signals.
Sadly when I finished those I gave up on doing the others.
Just too much work for the return.
Unless you really are adament on doing it yourself.
Good luck.