Anyone sold a vehicle on ebay before?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

As you all know im selling my PCX on ebay right now, it ends sunday night. Its just had a bid of £1700 but the bidder has 0 feedback and only registered today. Ive done a bit of googling and the majority of the results are saying to not accept 0 feedback bidders as its most likely a scam...
Anyone had any experience of this on ebay? Dont wanna have to list all over again if the buyer doesnt wanna pay or wants me to accept a money transfer and get his mate to pick it up.

Ive added this to the listing:
"Please understand that this is cash on collection ONLY from Wolverhampton, and buyer is responsible for collection of the bike. Winning bidder should contact me within 24 hours of auction end to arrange payment and collection. If you bid you are entering a contract to buy the item if you win, please dont bid if you dont accept these terms or have no intention of paying"

Think i should contact the bidder?
ImageImage ImageImage Image
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Anyone sold a vehicle on ebay before?

Post by trigg123 »

Be careful mate, as a rule don't accept anyone with under ten feedback, also add to your ad the winner doesn't win the right to haggle!, it's a minefield if I'm honest. If they are geniune ask for a phone number you can chat to them on, you'll soon know
Good luck
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Thanks ive added that to the description.
Ive sent the bidder a message aswell saying:
Hi, as you are a new member with 0 feedback and this is an expensive item can you please confirm how you would intend paying? Because unfortunately I have been subjected to bogus bidders before and therefore would be grateful if you could confirm your serious intent to purchase.
Thanks

If they dont reply by tomorrow night ill just cancel the bid.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've sold a car on eBay before, it went really smoothly, buyer turned up by arrangement when he said he would, paid cash and drove off happy with the car.
Absolutely do not accept any bidders without a proven history, only accept UK bidders, demand a non-refundable deposit of at least £200 by PayPal within 2 hours of the listing ending.
As regards that bidder, wasting your time even contacting them, just delete the bid.
Good luck!
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Ok ive changed the settings of the auction to only allow UK bidders and block anyone with 0 feedback who dont have a credit card on file. Ill leave it till tomorrow, buyer could be genuine, we all start with 0 feedback. But i think 24 hours is plenty time to reply so ill cancel the bid tomorrow if they dont contact me back. Could get another bid from a genuine person by then raising the price up.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You don't start using ebay with a high value purchase.
It's a con or a timewaster, bin it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

your right, bid cancelled.
bromleyxjr

Post by bromleyxjr »

hi , i sold a bike on e bay , 2 years ago - and found it was the best way to sell a bike as the price bid is the price to be paid , no
"will you take £**** for it " etc.
as with any sale e bay - paper , etc you must keep your wits about you and as you did listen to your gut feeling on a buyer.
0 feedback , we all have to start as newbies , i would only take cash on a bike sale , check the cash out for any fakes with a note check pen ..
remember the buyer is also thinking " am i buying from a honest seller " ...

have you seen if any bike shops would buy it from you ? or you may find a shop that will sell it for you and take a percentage cut --- I sold a bike that way a long time ago.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

I've asked bike buyers UK. They only offered £1400. Very disappointing price. If the sale on eBay ends up falling through I might ask some bike shops.
nich

Post by nich »

You should get about £1400/£1500 from a dealership right? I'm probably going to sell mine shortly too, had any luck on the PCX forums at all?
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

nich wrote:You should get about £1400/£1500 from a dealership right? I'm probably going to sell mine shortly too, had any luck on the PCX forums at all?
Bikes now sold. See the for sale thread in marketplace section. I did get a bit of interest from forums but putting it on gumtree and preloved and other sites like that didn't really get me any interest in it. eBay auction was the way to go. Got £1700 which is a bit less than what I really wanted for it but still was plenty more than the £1400 bike buyers offered.