New forum member from Spain says hi

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Hi all!:

I found this forum surfing the web, and I liked it so much that I decided I had to join up. I actually had found "the other" PCX forum before and had looked at it before, but I liked this one better. Then I read about those things that happened and I decided that I belonged here. Some could say, "you could have given them the benefit of doubt", and for sure, I could well have... but I didn't feel like it. Then I found that the information here, particularly the "how to's" was much more useful, so here I am. I don't know if I'm the first Spaniard in registering, but I haven't seen any other for the moment!.

Just a week and a half ago I become the happy owner of a black PCX. The odo is reading 204 kms at the moment, so still breaking in. I'm taking the break-in period seriously and so far I'm being quite gentle with the throttle and not exceeding 70 kph (that should be some 40mph, roughly), but I'm so looking forward to ending the break-in period and to enjoying the full potential of the scooter.

I got it because I was so fed up of struggling with the traffic on four wheels, then struggling to find a parking spot, or paying to use parking lots. Now I save precious time every day, and even though I drive a Diesel, I am already saving fuel money. Some other day I'll introduce my "cage" in the thread meant to do so ;) .

And that's it for the moment. Just excuse me because I have some serious surfing to do. Hope to be able to provide help in the near future.

Best regards!.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New forum member from Spain says hi

Post by TC3 »

Hola and welcome to the forum. I also have a black PCX and have a few pics here
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honda-PC ... 2835902533
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Heyyy
Yeah you picked the right forum, I'm actually selling my PCX but still sticking around here cus it's awesome here :lol:
I'm pretty sure you are the first spaniard, look forward to the pics.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hm if you are the first Spaniard I wonder if I am the only Italian though I live in UK.....
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Provided I get some decent daylight tomorrow, pics promised. We're having some nasty weather in my part of the country (northwest) and we haven't seen a ray of sunlight for the last two weeks. We have seen, though, quite a few tons of rain and grey skies on a daily basis.

I have already ordered some add-ons. The chromed cover for the muffler and those white stickers for the wheels, like those on the "special edition" sold over here.

Thanks for the warm welcome ;).
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Hello and welcome! Glad to see you're making the right decision on choice of forums! Let us know of there is anything you need help with. Maddiedog and I like to make our How-To posts shine. :lol:
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome!

I think you're right, you're our first member from Spain. Your English is excellent; I wouldn't have guessed it was your second language.

I'm glad you enjoyed the how-tos, we try to be as friendly and helpful as possible here. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

A big shout out from the sunshine state too! Black is slick! Now how do you say white in Spanish? That's mine :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I think it's blanco...

Hey whitenoise. Remind me again... Are you in the sunshine state of Florida, California, new Mexico, or south dacoda?

Or the sunshine state of Queensland Australia?

None of the above?

Can't remember!!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Hi Cascanciu from Hobart Australia where we get more sunlight than Queensland, though much colder. Wish I could have had siestas the last 2 days after 2 big work lunches, you are so lucky :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

EddieC wrote:I think it's blanco...

Hey whitenoise. Remind me again... Are you in the sunshine state of Florida, California, new Mexico, or south dacoda?

Or the sunshine state of Queensland Australia?

None of the above?

Can't remember!!
He's in Florida. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Thanks for the compliment, Maddiedog ;) , and for the help offers. Takes a while to learn any language, but if you're Spanish, you'll never get rid of that accent :lol: .

It's so nice to have people from all around the globe here!. I haven't (shame on me) visited the US yet, but I did visit Oz a few times (NSW, NT, WA) and enjoyed it plentifully. Makes sense you're so proud of your fauna. Those tassie devils are impressive to say the least.

As for the how-to's, I was quite impressed with the valve clearance one, in particular. I had asked at my dealer about it. I was kinda shocked at the fact that it had to be done every 4000 kms (or 2500 miles). One of the mechanics (actually, the supervisor) told me that it wasn't necessary to carry it out that often, and that they'd do it when, on hearing the engine, they deemed it necessary. I'll probably go through my two-year warranty without doing it, I suppose, but it's good to have such useful info handy for the day it has to be done. I can get the tools and I have a place to do it. That means money to be saved, thanks to people like you guys.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Cascanciu wrote:One of the mechanics (actually, the supervisor) told me that it wasn't necessary to carry it out that often, and that they'd do it when, on hearing the engine, they deemed it necessary.
This is what I do with my cars, but there are a lot more valves that make a lot more clicking if they need adjusted. :lol:
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I think you would be fine to skip the 600 mile valve adjustment, but I would still get it checked at the 2500 mile interval. This is when mine had to be adjusted. After adjusting them the first time I haven't needed to touch them at the 5000 and 7500 mile intervals... though i did inspect them anyway. r
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Hello and welcome to this forum
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Fit like min, foos yer doos?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

gn2 wrote:Fit like min, foos yer doos?
google translate came up short for me on this one.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

So don't use Translate, just copy and paste it into a Google web search.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

< fixed EddieC ;) Dave remembers. Ah yes...blanco. Wonderful to know another language (sadly I don't). AFA sunshine state hmm...more like lightening state but sunshine finishes first. So sunshine state it is. 91 degrees today ("It's getting hot in here....")
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Hi mate,and welcome
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000