One year of scootering already.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

That's one year I've had the pcx already. Time flys when your enjoying yourself. Road taxed it today and the insurance is due as well. Glad the tax is only £16. One years no claims on the insurance makes a difference to the premium. It's gone from £240 down to £160. It's going in for a service in a couple of weeks. This time next year it will be out of warranty so I will be doing it myself.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: One year of scootering already.

Post by TC3 »

2 wheels is brilliant fun isnt it. So how many miles have you done in the first year and any mishaps? Always nice to see your insurance premium drop!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I'm less than a month away from a year of pcx ownership too. It has been loads of fun so far. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

im less than a month away too. I didnt realise you bought yours at nearly the same time as me dave.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

I'm 5 weeks away from getting my PCX! End of May delivery for a white PCX here in Holland.

I've been driving Honda motorscooters for over 10 years now. First had a Honda Pantheon 150, two stroke big scooter. Crashed it against a Mercedes van which suddenly crossed my path. Had it for six years.
After that I bought a Honda Foresight 250, four stroke, same model as the Pantheon. Had it for three years.
Then I had a BMW F650 but didn't like the weight, the chain and the 1 cylinder 650 cc's character (not really build for a smooth ride). Had it for one year.
Now I have a Honda Lead 100, small scooter. Even though the Lead is a lot of fun to ride on, the PCX will be a great improvement, I think. The bigger wheels, the smoother engine, better top speed, lower seat hight (for my short legs) will make it more comfortable. I hardly can wait those 5 weeks!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

I've only done 1900 miles. I use it for commuting. It's only 18 miles a day. Sometimes I have to use my car to carry stuff that won't fit on the bike for work. It had a holiday between November and the end of February due to the crappy Scottish weather. It has been trouble free unless you count suicidal rabbits that run about the road. The average fuel consumption has been 106mpg. It's freeing off nicely and goes great. The seat hump might get looked at though as I am about 6 feet tall could be more comfortable if I could sit about further back in the seat.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've had mine for a year and a half now so it's more than half mine.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

I got my one on the 3 year finance deal. I was thinking about paying it off this time next year so once it's out of warranty it's paid for.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If you have got zero percent finance and pay it off it will cost more than if you keep up the payments.
This is due to inflation, as time goes on the fixed monthly payments are worth less and less.
OK it's a tiny amount but why pay it off if you don't have to?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

http://www.tescobank.com/creditcards/
0% for 15 months, long as you pay it off before then your sorted.
Thats how i paid mine off, after the finance company tried to screw me over by charging more that i didnt agree to.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

I missed the 0% finance by a month but the rate is 3% or something like that. I would need to work out what's best. I would still rather clearing the debt though.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

I paid cash for mine...

They asked for info for financing, then I pulled a wad of money out of my pocket and said "this should cover it!"

Given I was 21 at the time, and still look like I could be in high-school, I think the dealer nearly shat his pants, that was the farthest thing from what he expected from me. I thought it was hilarious.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Woolley wrote:http://www.tescobank.com/creditcards/
Thats how i paid mine off, after the finance company tried to screw me over by charging more that i didnt agree to.
you dont take credit cards do you Woolley? ;)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

louthepoo wrote:
Woolley wrote:http://www.tescobank.com/creditcards/
you dont take credit cards do you Woolley? ;)
If you wanna pay for my holiday to florida i do :lol:
Comes out at about what im asking too.

Saying that though i suppose there might be a way of you getting a credit card like that and making a payment to my bank account to it if you do wanna buy my bike but dont have the cash upfront. Maybe an option to look into, i dont know if they would charge for that, its all very confusing.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Alibally wrote:I missed the 0% finance by a month but the rate is 3% or something like that. I would need to work out what's best. I would still rather clearing the debt though.
In your circumstances, paying it off might be cost neutral as it were.
It's always nice to have it bought and paid for ;)
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

It's a great feeling having the title for your vehicles. It'll be a year for me next month. That year has gone by quickly. Bought my pcx. First house. Been a good year :-) also, I've put about 6,000 miles on my pcx mosty from commuting.
snuff

Post by snuff »

Hi I'm Ron, new to the forum.

I live in Belgium, I'm retired and because of a severe accident I can no longer ride heavy bikes. Got myself a PCX 19 months ago, just for fun rides. We are very pleased with our ride so far (just a few problems but taken care of under warranty). 10000km so far.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

snuff wrote:Hi I'm Ron, new to the forum.

I live in Belgium, I'm retired and because of a severe accident I can no longer ride heavy bikes. Got myself a PCX 19 months ago, just for fun rides. We are very pleased with our ride so far (just a few problems but taken care of under warranty). 10000km so far.
Hello Ron and welcome to the forum.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome, Ron! :)