Thinking of selling the PCX..

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Thinking of selling the PCX..

Post by Woolley »

Ill definitely stick round here dont worry. This is the first place i go when i turn on my computer, cus i dont have facebook :lol:
Plus i have tapatalk on my phone.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

:lol:

So will you be getting another scooter eventually, or are you going to just be another cager? :P
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

I might get another pcx in a few years, I'm keeping all my gear in case anyway. I'll have to see what happens.
mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Post by mikeoc »

Have enjoyed reading all your posts on the pcx, you've provided lots of useful info for me - so thanks!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Thanks :) its good to feel useful for once that means alot. I'm not going anywhere though, I'll still do my best to be as useful as possible!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

:lol: you can chime in and reference an imaginary PCX.

You'll have to find a model of a PCX that you can take pictures of, see if any new folks that come along can tell the difference and realize you don't actually have a bike. :P
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ill photoshop the bike in various situations from the pictures i already have. Ill pretend i had an accident and turn it on the side and draw some scratches on it :lol:
And then pretend to be mad at the price of new panels :lol:
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Haha! Then all usernames starting with "Woo" will start blending together :lol:

I'm sure your PCX will miss you, but happy to hear you're sticking around! Sounds like you're making a wise choice. No point in insuring something that's not really being put to use. In the end it's just a motor and wheels.. She can be replaced when you get sick of the "single" life! =]
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Woolley wrote:Feel like its just hassle having to get kitted up, take the chain and disc lock off, take it outta the garage, ride it to work, lock it all back up and take all the gear off again, when i could just hop in the car and listen to the radio on the way to work in the warm.
I understand you chain and disklock your bike for the insurance? Don't you feel the PCX is safe at home? I only use the steering lock (is that the right word?) which makes it much easier to grab the bike. At work I used the chain to lock the bike to a pole or something.
I also find it a drag to put on motorgear, it feels like a harness. I use high walking boots, extra sweater and sometimes rain clothes to keep me warm and dry. I know it's not the safest but I take the risk (driving mostly on small roads, hardly ever going 80km/50mls per hour). If I had to get 'kitted up' every time I probably wouldn't use the PCX as much.

Woolley wrote:Plus everytime i use my bike instead of my car, my girlfriend has to get the bus to and from work. Since she started working in Halesowen, if i take my bike to work that day she has to get 2 buses to her work and 2 back. Most of the time with drunken weirdos. Whereas if i take my car i can drop her off where i work and she can get 1 bus from where i work straight to her work, and its much closer. And then at the end of the working day i can pick her up from work when i finish, cus i finish an hour before she does. So whenever i take the bike i feel selfish.
Sometimes a bike isn't the best way of transport!

Woolley wrote:Plus with insurance, a CBT every 2 years and servicing im not really saving that much money using it. Feel like the novelty has worn off, and now my car is an automatic, out of the two, id rather drive the car.
I hear your insurance isn't very cheap in the UK, is it? Here in The Netherlands I only pay a few euros a month for insurance.
And what about a CBT every two years? What is that? A re-driversexam?
If you say you rather drive the car than than the bike I don't think you are a real biker! When I go somewhere, no matter where, driving a car is dull, a prison on wheels but with a bike, no matter what type of bike, it's fun and freedom.

Woolley wrote: What to do, what to do...
You're the only one that can make the decision!

Good luck!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Thanks duive01. Its actually up for sale now. Yeah I found in my case it wasn't very logical to keep it, as it isnt the best way of transport like you said. I never saw myself as a 'real' biker, just had a bit of fun on a scooter while saving petrol money doing it. But the fun has worn off now and it isnt the best way for me to get around.
duive01 wrote:
I hear your insurance isn't very cheap in the UK, is it? Here in The Netherlands I only pay a few euros a month for insurance.
And what about a CBT every two years? What is that? A re-driversexam?
If you say you rather drive the car than than the bike I don't think you are a real biker! When I go somewhere, no matter where, driving a car is dull, a prison on wheels but with a bike, no matter what type of bike, it's fun and freedom.
I paid about £500 insurance this year for the PCX, which is about 600 euros. Its alot cheaper than my car, i paid £1600 this year for my car, which is 1942 euros. And that only covers third party, fire and theft. But i will always need a car regardless of whether i have the PCX or not, so the PCX is an added expense for me.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

I dont regret buying it though, when my last car was written off having the PCX meant i didnt have to rush and buy the first replacement car i saw, i waited a few months until i found the perfect car for me. Plus i did have fun riding it and i get to speak to alot of awesome people on this here forum :)
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

I'm really shocked about the insurance prices in the UK!
I have a Honda Lead 100 2006 (PCX is coming in may) and I have insured it in the cheapest possible way: 5,61 euros a month = 67 euros a year.
For my car, a Toyota Yaris 2011 simplest model and full insurance I pay 26 euros a month = 312 euros a year.
I don't know how it works in the UK but here you get a discount for every year you don't have an accident, up to 75%. That's the amount of discount I have so that helps a lot.

I'm glad you don't regret having the PCX and had fun with it. You sure did drive quite some miles with it, I think there are many bikers out there who don't make that much miles in a year.

Good luck with selling!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Yeah im only 22 and dont have the best insurance history, so mine is very expensive compared to some peoples. We still get no claims discount in the UK, but right now i dont have any. Oh yeah you asked about CBT. It stands for compulsory basic training. It lasts 2 years and is a very basic one day test, that you cant really fail. It entitles you to ride anthing up to a 125cc, but you cant carry passengers or go on motorways. You can do a full test that lets you do all that and ride bigger bikes but it takes alot of training and is very expensive, so alot of people in the UK opt to just keep doing a CBT every 2 years and ride a 125 or 50cc.
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

Even though i dont always enjoy riding my pcx with so many idiots sharing the roads i dont think i could could ever go back to commuting in a car.The fuel economy and speed through traffic is a winner for me.Only the other saturday i needed to pop out for something but the thought of sitting in traffic to get to where i needed meant i just bear the thought of that journey in the car.I put all the gear on and off i went and really enjoyed that trip.No traffic worries and no hunting for a parking space either.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Woolley - where is your bike advertised ? Not that I think you should sell it
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

theres a link in the for sale section on this forum scooter. You interested in it?
mikeoc
Year: 2020 Forza 300

Post by mikeoc »

Insurance for me is £250, and has been on every 125 scooter I've had - think this is a more or less standard price for over 25s (with a clear riding history). This is only for 3rd party, fire and theft tho, so I pay an extra premium for personal accident cover.

I did my repeat CBT last yr, it was such a joke. I was riding alongside 3 other people who'd never ridden a scooter before, and I was helping to train them almost as much as the instructors. I almost enjoyed it... but overall, it is a waste of a day and the £100 it cost me.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

£250 is more than double what I paid last October.
But I'm an old phart and live in the country.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

If you are on a L plate insurance costs more maybe? I paid 89 quid fully comp on the PCX but I am 46 and have full ncb.
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

My insurance was a whopping £430 fully comp for my pcx. Im the wrong side of 40 and maximum ncb on the car but as a learner in the insurers eyes on a scoot they hammered me.
I swallowed it as i saved it in fuel and commuting costs compared with a car.I hoping this years is a little lighter on the wallet.

The thing they crack me up with is that if it gets stolen they only pay out if the chain was attached but if they pick it up and put it in a van the chain means nothing if its not chained to something anyway.Most scoots/bikes get stolen by lifting into vans in the uk.