Thinking of selling the PCX..

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Recently ive just had no interest in my PCX at all. When i wake up in the morning i think to myself hmm car or bike, and i end up taking the car most of the time just cus i cant be arsed with the bike any more. Feel like its just hassle having to get kitted up, take the chain and disc lock off, take it outta the garage, ride it to work, lock it all back up and take all the gear off again, when i could just hop in the car and listen to the radio on the way to work in the warm. Plus everytime i use my bike instead of my car, my girlfriend has to get the bus to and from work. Since she started working in Halesowen, if i take my bike to work that day she has to get 2 buses to her work and 2 back. Most of the time with drunken weirdos. Whereas if i take my car i can drop her off where i work and she can get 1 bus from where i work straight to her work, and its much closer. And then at the end of the working day i can pick her up from work when i finish, cus i finish an hour before she does. So whenever i take the bike i feel selfish. Plus with insurance, a CBT every 2 years and servicing im not really saving that much money using it. Feel like the novelty has worn off, and now my car is an automatic, out of the two, id rather drive the car.
On the other hand when i think about selling it I feel like it would have been a big waste, cus ive only recently finished paying it off. And i wonder if i would regret it a week later.
What to do, what to do...

:cry:
ImageImage ImageImage Image
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Thinking of selling the PCX..

Post by TC3 »

Why keep it if you dont use it. I got mine for fun and not commuting so cant really offer advice if you no longer find riding fun
bromleyxjr

Post by bromleyxjr »

i only use my PCX for fun , why not wait for the warmer days before you do sell , as when " if " we get some hot days i think you may miss the scooter. its good fun to ride on a hot day , you don't need to put on so much stuff and the cool breeze makes biking fun. if you do sell it you will possibly get a better price as the market picks up in the summer months.
also if you don't use it so much , your running costs go down less servicing etc..
I got rid of my motorbike as i was not using it much( 1000 miles in one year) , but i could not face being without two wheels so that why i got a pcx :D
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

My insurance renewal is in a month or so, I will probably wait and see what the price is then and see how I feel. Will be getting warm then too.
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

You can get some quotes from comparison sites in advance. I checked mine, currently £250 for a year TPFAF, £130 for the same when need to get a new policy or fully comp for £250.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Ive spent most of my life on comparison sites, and im sick of it lol. Having had a car policy voided makes it alot harder aswell.
bromleyxjr

Post by bromleyxjr »

you could get a lay up insurance ( just keeps the bike covered whilst in storage) , if you can store it off road till later in the year.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

I think he wants to sell it and just looking for a push in that direction from someone
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Im not looking for a push in either direction, im just in two minds about what to do and thought an outside perspective would help.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Well I got that wrong :-)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The PCX is a 2 seater. Why cant you drop your girlfriend off using the pilion? I had my brother in law stay for a month and was always dropping him off at work on the PCX. I prefer commuting with the PCX as its easy to park near work and free parking. And I like riding in the rain as it tunes your skills. If you keep yours in your garage why would you also need the locks? I dont lock mine inside my garage and am off quickly. I keep the garage door actuator in the glove compartment. And I feel like Im doing something for the environment on the PCX rather than driving a cage.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

I dont have a full bike license, so im not allowed passengers. Its also not worth doing the full test in my case. And my insurance said to me anytime I leave my bike anywhere, it has to have at least a chain lock on it for me to be covered against theft. EVEN IN A LOCKED GARAGE :lol:
Insurance is very very very messed up this side of the pond.
bromleyxjr

Post by bromleyxjr »

"Insurance is very very very messed up this side of the pond."

+ 1 on that :x
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Get your test done then you can take her to work on the scooter and sell the car.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

She would never get on the back of it :lol:
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

I understand your gripe about the hassle...i'd not use the bike for a week or two and then see how you feel, whether you miss it or not, if you do then i'd hang onto it and just keep it for fun at the weekends. :)
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Fun or money, that's the question. It may be worth selling now to get the best price and save on insurance etc. You can always buy another in a few years time when your insurance is less expensive. Or you could save for an MP3 400lt (and ride it on your driving license), subject to your girlfriend agreeing to sit on it :) ;) :(
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Well when it was put away for winter for a few months i didnt really miss it at all. I loved riding it before that, its a great scooter and perfect for me to ride. But now ive got back on after winter i just dont really feel the same way about it, like im bored of riding a scooter. Dont get me wrong i LOVE the PCX, its perfect for me, and a stunning bike and i wouldnt have bought anything different. But i just dont feel the same way about riding in general. As edscoot said though i can always buy a second hand one in a couple of years if i miss it. Prices will have come down alot. Ill wait until my insurance is up next month so i get a full years no claims, and if i end up buying one again then that'll make the insurance cheaper. And i can use the money for a much needed holiday to disneyworld Florida :lol:
Ill still remain active on here though after (and if) i sell it :)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

BTW, im only on 2350 miles, and ive had it nearly a year. Shows how little ive used it really :|
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

Woolley wrote:BTW, im only on 2350 miles, and ive had it nearly a year. Shows how little ive used it really :|
Well that's just about the average for motorcycles anyway. Granted, it's not much, but you could do worse ;)