Nearly came off my PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pony

Nearly came off my PCX

Post by pony »

Hi, i nearly came off my pcx friday :cry:

I was going around a mini roundabout, when the front wheel skidded on the curb between the red and grey tarmac. It was a good job i was going slow, and i managed to but my foot down to keep my balance. It was scary and i would have hated to drop my nice PCX.

Be carefull guys

Pony

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Nearly came off my PCX

Post by Woolley »

Sounds like a close call. Bet you were relieved. Stay away from those curbs!
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

yep and also be careful where they are doing road resurfacing like near me at moment. Those grooves in the old road surface and ridge between old and new surface try and force your front wheel to go where you dont want it to go!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Glad to hear you saved it! I've gotten stuck in gouges and cracks in the road, it's no fun when the scooter jumps away from where you want to go. o_O
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

those pesky curbs! it's almost like they were not designed to be ridden on :)
did you say your pcx is your first bike? coz if so you'll get more confidence and knowledge of what to do when things like this happen, there is always something that scares ya tho, the fun of 2 wheels :P
pony

Post by pony »

Esdain wrote:did you say your pcx is your first bike? coz if so you'll get more confidence and knowledge of what to do when things like this happen, there is always something that scares ya tho, the fun of 2 wheels :P
Had a bike a while ago, then a car, and now i have a bike and a car, trying the save money on petrol.
I think my tyres was wider on my last bike?
Well my PCX does seem a bit skittish when you ride over the rough sort of road works that dig a trench down the road and then sort of fill it in, leaving tumps and bumps.

Pony
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

All bikes squirm a bit on raised lumps like tarmac joins, kerbs and white lines, it's because of how the curved tyre profile reacts to crossing onto and off the bump.
One of the biggest differences between riding a bike and a car is that on a bike you have to take the road surface into account much more because the consequences of a mistake are far more serious.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Ive been riding for many years and come off 8 times. Keep a close eye on the road. I avoid white markings, manhole covers etc on the road as a matter of habbit as that means when wet you are instinctively staying off them without thinking. I have one corner where gravel has spread on top of the tarmac. I treat that like ball bearings and take it at walking pace. Keep safe! Ive come off due rabbits, drinking, black ice, 2 idiot car drivers...