Servicing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Servicing

Post by rich666 »

Well my PCX finally reached 2500 miles last week so booked her in for servicing.

The guys at the dealership were great. Dropped it off at 9.30am and picked it up at 4.15pm.
Everything was fine except for the valve clearance on the inlet, it was a little bit tight so they sorted it out - they did note that of all the bikes they service the PCX was the biggest pain the butt because of the need to remove so much bodywork to get in!

My only gripes were:
No courtesy bike provided so had to rely on publice transport :roll:
They said that from the end of March they are binning their dealership status from Honda, so any warranty claims will have to be through Newcastle Motorcycles.
And finally they said it was going to cost me £75 so went and got £75 out of the cash machine and then they went and charged me £60!! :lol: so had some cash spare for another bottle of 10/30w to change it out at 3000miles. :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Servicing

Post by Scottish »

Nice :D i've got about 700 miles to go before the 5000mile service not that thats going to happen anytime soon with this weather!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I'm doing 270 miles a week just now, 7500 mile service due in a few weeks.
Courtesy bikes have always been supplied thus far :)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

Rich, do you had a flu license or running on a CBT? doubt they'll give one for a CBT. and honda are very demanding if you want to keep the dealership. there are a lot of terms you need to hit for them to have their dealership, sometimes it actually damages your business, Stamfrd motorbike lost theirs, and we find it very hard to keep our power equipment one.
my bike is getting near it's 7.5k service too, trying to hold off till the weather warms up a little
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Running a CBT at the minute (A2 test just over 2 months away.)

The dealership I use said they don't supply Courtesy bikes to anyone.

they said the same thing about being a dealership - It's been hurting them for a few years with the recession biting sales locally. When I got my PCX last March they had 2 in the showroom that they couldn't shift (both White) They said thay'll still get hondas in if people want them and still service them accordingly just as an independant dealer from March.
it tastes like...Eagle!
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

ye, being a sub dealer for Honda is sooo much easier but you lose a lot of perks, mainly half your profit for selling the bike. but Honda demand more and more stock bought in advance for the year to come even as sales in things like bikes, cars, power equipment decreases, an example was last year honda made us buy 30 lawnmowers or various types, not including ride ons, this year they increased it to 46 even tho we still have stock form the previous year. eventually we will just have to tel them to sod it as we have no more room!