hi, was informed of this forum by gn2

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

hi, was informed of this forum by gn2

Post by woozy-uk »

others may have seen me on clubpcx and maxi-muppets too

sorry, ill just be lazy as im a lazy mofo and repeat what i put on maxi-muppets=

"Last year i was riding a honda x8rs locally for casual use until the engine packed up around October (only had it a year after buying it from gumtree :( )

So not being able to afford a new bike or a decent 2nd hand bike i came to the agreement with work that i commute by bike instead of train which they would give me a loan of 1500 each year which i paid back monthly.

So same amount towards the bike which is a Honda PCX 125 (which i added £150 to as bike was £1650 as 2nd hand from Aye Gee in Welling Kent), which should save me lots next year if i stick to biking into London (i go from bexleyheath to waterloo)

So been riding in about 2 weeks now, well sort of i already had my first accident in old kent road last Thursday in rush hour, it was terribly windy and wet and i braked more on the front on a white line and went flying as the front wheel took off and i landed head first onto the road and then bashed my right side up and scuffed up my bike and visor. had mild concussion too as couldn't see out my right eye for a few minutes and had headaches. i think im ok now with just a sore shoulder and neck. Gutted i scuffed my bike down the side though. what also has shocked me is how nasty other road users can be, already some guys in a car i had no quarrels with shouted at me i look like a C**T on my bike and laughed it was only a 125cc.

So many idiots and nasty people about has really shocked me. When i had the accident a fellow biker helped me up and two guys in a van too one being a superbike racer. They called the ambulance too.

Anyway, im rabbiting on.

Hello all!

thanks!"

pics of my accident damage, im after some replacement panels for my bike, not sure the best place is to get them from. Also i noticed this morning the hose by the air filter is almost full, i still used the bike though as didnt have time to drain it. can this wait until i have time on the weekend or is it an urgent requirement. thanks

Also the front right panel came unhooked from the headlights
how do i get the front panel back in place? thanks=

trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Re: hi, was informed of this forum by gn2

Post by trigg123 »

Hi mate
and welcome,glad your ok. The bike can be sorteed no probs......the tube by the air filter is just a drain for the air box so not urgent but take it of and drain as soon as you can
good luck with the rest
cheers trigg
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

i was looking at the k and n filters. are they better than the standard one? its about £50 for one
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

woozy-uk wrote: are they better than the standard one?
Depends who you ask.
A K&N salesman will say yes.
Someone who has used K&N filters in cars will probably say yes.
Someone who has fitted one to a PCX and done a comparison of the two would possibly say no.
I have used K&N filters in off road 4x4 vehicles and would definitely say no, there is absolutely no point whatsoever in buying a K&N filter for a PCX.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

except to save yourself a few quid down the line if you plan on keeping the bike
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

thanks, i saw they are washable
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The standard ones being disposable are far easier to use, no need to waste time cleaning them out.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

the k&n says you should clean it every 50k miles or something silly like that, so you'll not really need to clean it all that often.
PT63

Post by PT63 »

I've got a K&N filter and to be honest i would'nt advise you get one. Put the money you would of spent on one on a new panel instead. By the way, welcome to the forum.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Esdain wrote:the k&n says you should clean it every 50k miles or something silly like that, so you'll not really need to clean it all that often.
Depends on how clean and dry the roads are.
If it's wet and filthy where you are it'll need cleaning more often.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about your spill, glad to hear you're okay and back riding again.

I second the advice against the K&N filter -- it isn't really economical, and doesn't do anything for performance. See my analysis here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=154
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

i cant find the OEM honda ones in the uk :S
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I'm sure you can order it online, I'm sure a UK member here can share a link to a honda reseller. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I got the K&N mainly so I wouldn't have to order one ever again. I like being able to clean it whenever I want, without having to track down another. With K&N's I generally clean about every 10,000 miles. They are good for 25 washes, so the filter will last 250,000 miles cleaning 4 times as often as K&N recommends. Its really up to you what you wanna do. There is no performance gain with a different filter, but if you never wanna buy another one ever again I would get the K&N

Also, it takes about 5 min to clean. Very easy.