Bennetts Insurance (UK Specific?)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Bennetts Insurance (UK Specific?)

Post by edscoot »

Has anybody in the UK got a their pcx or any other bike insured with Bennetts? If so you need to read this on MCN: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... EPI-133688

More than 3 modifications and your insurance is invalidated o_O

Modifications include things such as non standard windscreen, different air filter, tank pads, luggage and many many more.
This company must want to go out of business.

This is a link to Bennetts mods quick guide - read it and weep: http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bike-insuranc ... ick-guide/

:x
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Bennetts Insurance (UK Specific?)

Post by Woolley »

Im assuming this will get thrown out pretty soon, i mean whats the point in it?
Surely a bike with more modifications means that the owner is going to take more care of it, and not ride round car parks at 1am doing wheelies with their mates on their 50cc falling apart piece of crap peugeot speedfights.
Im with lexham though and they dont have anything like this. Im not planning on doing more than 3 mods anyway to be honest.
That list of mods actually explained a few to me though :lol:
ImageImage ImageImage Image
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

I'm not with them either and having seen this there's no way I would ever even ask for a quote.

I've got a honda big screen, honda top box, honda alarm, oxford heated grips and a K'n'N filter - that's five mods and would mean they wouldn't insure me. I think Bennetts will either change their policy pretty damn quick or we will be reading about them going bust cos there's no way anybody is going to stay with them.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I can't believe the policy on mods over in the UK. We don't have to worry about anything like that here in the USA, the insurance companies just pay out. My coverage even includes an additional $3000 in accessory coverage free to cover my windshield, mods, and all my gear in case of a write-off accident.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes